View Poll Results: What's the next class going to be?

Voters
823. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter (Illidan-style)

301 36.57%
  • Demon Hunter (D3-style)

67 8.14%
  • Sea Lord/Tidecaller

63 7.65%
  • Tinkerer

138 16.77%
  • Bard

79 9.60%
  • Other (please specify)

175 21.26%
Page 1 of 39
... LastLast

What will the new class be in the next expansion?

With the new expansion on the way, what do you think the new class will be?

Most agree that it will have the following qualities:

+Mail Armor
    +Hybrid
    +Ranged
    +Open to several races

I've provided a list of possible choices in the poll. Feel free to provide your own choices.

Deleted
    Dark Ranger!

Wears Mail, uses ranged weapons.

Talents: One a Marksmanship, Second along the lines of Subtely Rogue and Third something along the lines of Affliction Warlock/Shadow Priest who can heal, maybe?

Your new class will be the same class you play now, except its performance will be re tuned and its abilities will be changed around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Your new class will be the same class you play now, except its performance will be re tuned and its abilities will be changed around.
    And then removed 3 months later, and then added back 3 months after that by a different name or shoveled into another ability.

How about none. There are enough classes as is and they have problems with just those. I see more along the lines of races and mostly just sub-races, maybe they'll let us mess with character build a little more. Vary the height and weight of characters, not over the top but shave a few inches on the low height and raise it a few on the high end. Have options of being thinner, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    How about none. There are enough classes as is and they have problems with just those. I see more along the lines of races and mostly just sub-races, maybe they'll let us mess with character build a little more. Vary the height and weight of characters, not over the top but shave a few inches on the low height and raise it a few on the high end. Have options of being thinner, etc.
    and more skin tone options. I still can't play as a Mag'har orc, or wildhammer dwarf.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    I don't see why we can't have both new classes, and more racial variations. In Wrath, Blizzard introduced Death Knights, and the Barbershop feature. In MoP, Blizzard introduced the Monk class, and the Pandaren race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Dark Ranger!

Talents: One a Marksmanship, Second along the lines of Subtely Rogue and Third something along the lines of Affliction Warlock/Shadow Priest who can heal, maybe?
    Forgot about Dark Rangers. That would be pretty cool as well. A sort of ranged version of DKs.

Deleted
    I would like a thuggish brawler-type class. Think Rexxar, but with fist weapons and throwing knives. Not quite as tactile and stealthy as rogues, not as good with ranged as hunters, and not as defensive as warriors. Brutes who ride with kodos for the rush, wander the wastelands in search of opportunities, and sail the seas to feel free (and plunder).

I suppose I've just described some type of buccaneer, but either way - I want one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter, Metamorphosis Tank, Melee DPS (Illidan Style), Ranged DPS (D3 Style)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There wont be a new class.
    Sorry to break the news.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Demon-hunter Illidan style would be sick. So far I'm very happy with both new classes (DKs and Monks). Both have cool concept and nice play styles and I'm sure demon hunter will be as good as these or even better.

I don't see Blizzard adding another melee expansion class. I believe that even if the next class can tank, it will be ranged.
    Last edited by BedlamBros; 2015-04-18 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    With the new expansion on the way, what do you think the new class will be?

Most agree that it will have the following qualities:

+Mail Armor
    +Hybrid
    +Ranged
    +Open to several races

I've provided a list of possible choices in the poll. Feel free to provide your own choices.
    Blizzard doesn't do anything according to patterns, they will do what they want to do and set the armor type to what ever they feel appropriate for the theme of the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Dark Ranger!

You mean like a Marksmanship hunter that uses ranged weapons, wears Mail, and shoots shit? None of these things are new.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    I don't see Blizzard adding another melee expansion class. I believe that even if the next class can tank, it will be ranged.
    You will never see a ranged tank in wow, ever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I could see them revisiting role change through glyph instead of a new class. In fact I think it would open things up and allow people more flexible play and groupings.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

If a new class were to be added, it would more than likely fit in with the theme of the expansion. So it really depends on the expansion.

Not that the game needs it, but I'd rather see Blizzard add 2 pure dps classes, 1 melee and 1 ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Here's how to make a Dark Ranger in the game right now.

Step 1: Create an Undead Hunter
    Step 2: Be a Dark Ranger
    Until they make forsaken elves playable that really isn't a good choice.

Better one is roll a pale skinned blood elf hunter. Wear the hood with red eyes.

I don't think we'll see a new class. I do think we'll see a playable race though. If its South Seas expansion, then Nagas as neutral playable for both factions(like Pandaren).

I also think more classes may see 4th specs. Warriors get Gladiator. Maybe Rogues get a ranged spec and Shamans get either a 2h or tank spec.