Considering upgrade

I'm considering replacing my current graphics card to beef up my gaming a little more and see if I can run Inquisition on max settings.
    At the moment I'm using the Radeon HD 7850, and have my eye on the Radeon r9 280x, and before I go buy a new one I'd like to ask for an outsider's opinion on the matter and if getting more ram might make a bigger difference first. I'm running 8gigs atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why go AMD in terms of graphics cards? Your personal reasoning?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Its unlikely more RAM would have a huge impact on gaming performance - 8GB is more than enough for gaming.

THat 7850, though, is definitely kinda decrepit at this point. Upgrading would be a good idea. Your preference for GPU vendor is up to you, but im partial to nVidia's offerings this generation, at least, for their ultra low power consumption and solid performance, and the included software is miles ahead of AMDs offering, IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Its unlikely more RAM would have a huge impact on gaming performance - 8GB is more than enough for gaming.

THat 7850, though, is definitely kinda decrepit at this point. Upgrading would be a good idea. Your preference for GPU vendor is up to you, but im partial to nVidia's offerings this generation, at least, for their ultra low power consumption and solid performance, and the included software is miles ahead of AMDs offering, IMO.
    Could not agree more

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE