Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    XII's voice acting was simply on a whole other level to X's. I think I would have enjoyed X a lot more if Tidus wasn't so whiny, Yuna didn't sound bored and Seymour sounded more charming/sinister.

FFXIV's voice acting is rather hit and miss but that's to be expected given that it's an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    XII's voice acting was simply on a whole other level to X's. I think I would have enjoyed X a lot more if Tidus wasn't so whiny, Yuna didn't sound bored and Seymour sounded more charming/sinister.
    This. Story wise, the game is amazing (like all FFs are), but the voice acting detracted from the experience. The combination of slothful lines and voice actors sounding uninterested in the whole affair made it feel at times like a drag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It would be bad if they were supposed to be genuine laughs.
    If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

FFXIV's voice acting is rather hit and miss but that's to be expected given that it's an MMO.
    More sinister? I thought he was pretty darn sinister.

https://youtu.be/q6usb2D-sSs?t=152

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    best FF period imo. would love to see a remake with additional side quests in the broken world.
    Let me tease you with some Kefka :)

Kefka and... Juka :)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Most English voice acting is pretty bad, imo.
    But that game had Tara Strong and John DiMaggio.

(and Cree Summer)

Ha, recently found Lord of Arcana game. It looks like Diablo meets Tales series meets Final Fantasy or something. Publisher is Square Enix, and so there are all kinds of FF allusions, starting from font, and ending things like Bahamut summon (which looks exactly like in FF X, at least in tutorial boss fight):

Bad quality screen from one of reviews, game actually is quite neat.

Apparently there is a good sequel to that game - Lord of Apocalypse, but it was never localized.