Poll: Mayonnaise

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    It is called curry, ketchup is that other stuff with too overwhelming taste. And Hela curry is the best curry ofcourse

Oh and on sausages you put mustard. Real mustard, not that sauce kind of stuff.
    Mayonaise is for fries, you can choose which one you prefer.
    Mayonnaise on fries is also disgusting. Only ketchup and salt for those.

I support Chicago's ban on ketchup for hot dogs but other than that , they know nothing about food. It's Coney Dogs and Brooklyn style Pizza all the way.

I've never had any kind of curry.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2015-04-21 at 05:23 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Just had this, the Dutch version of the hotdog, much supreme to American hotdogs:

With this:

And this:

Nothing beats mayonaise!

If I ate a hotdog with mayo on it I'd probably puke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Yeah, which is kinda weird as Fries where invented in Belgium, and in Belgium it's very common to eat them with Mayonaise, just like in the rest of Europe.
    In Holland we combine the sauces on fries to make awesome combos, mayonaise with curry/ketchup, mayonaise with satay sauce and chopped raw onions or even a combination of all 5

This is a common way to eat hotdogs in Holland:

Except for the Onions those look interesting, but you also seem slightly offended that I didn't acknowledge where french fries are from and saying it was strange when I first seen anybody eat them with mayonnaise.

I assure you it was a cultural experience, not something expressed out disrespect, try not to take it personally :P
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Except for the Onions those look interesting, but you also seem slightly offended that I didn't acknowledge where french fries are from and saying it was strange when I first seen anybody eat them with mayonnaise.

I assure you it was a cultural experience, not something expressed out disrespect, try not to take it personally :P
    Nah i wasn't offended, i just found it weird that so many Americans dislike mayonaise on fries (not helped by the famous Pulp Fiction scene ofcourse), because Mayonaise on fries is very common in all of Europe.
    Just makes me wonder if the mayonaise in America is just bad quality and you guys don't have the good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Nah i wasn't offended, i just found it weird that so many Americans dislike mayonaise on fries (not helped by the famous Pulp Fiction scene ofcourse), because Mayonaise on fries is very common in all of Europe.
    Just makes me wonder if the mayonaise in America is just bad quality and you guys don't have the good stuff.
    Well we have Miracle Whip, and we have Mayonnaise, and of course there is that stuff with Olive Oil, but all and all, it wasn't bad ones I tried it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

As for Miracle Whip, it has vinegar in it which is what gives it the more tangy taste. I like it but just like mayo, it's only place is in chicken salad, Tuna salad, or BLT's.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    As for Miracle Whip, it has vinegar in it which is what gives it the more tangy taste. I like it but just like mayo, it's only place is in chicken salad, Tuna salad, or BLT's.
    Mayo has vinegar and lemon juice, in the standard recipe.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curry on hotdogs is pretty good too

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What kinda monster are you

Either ketchup or chili, that's all that goes on hot dogs.
    Cheese sauce or mayo/bacon bits too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Absolutely not. Mayonnaise? Disguising and barbaric.

Ketchup? Outrageous and intolerable.

I actually live in a city where they put up "NO KETCHUP" signs in the local hot dog serving places. Some of these places will refuse service to you if yu request ketchup.

How fucking dare you.
    You may not like ketchup, but to infringe on other peoples taste is "Disguising and barbaric".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    except it isn't mayonaise. go look at the jar. says dressing right on it.
    /facepalm

ok, history lesson. In the 1930's the world experienced "the Great Depression", Kraft trying to make a cheap mayonnaise used a machine invented by Charles Chapman to make it's new modern version of Mayonnaise the machine was called "Miracle Whip" by it's inventor. To cut costs Kraft used other ingredients other than egg and vegetable oil. According to legion the recipe came from 'Max Crosset's Cafe'. This new and modern take on Mayonnaise didn't have the required amount of vegetable oil to be called mayonnaise by the FDA, so to sell it they called it a "dressing". Which is what Mayonnaise technically is.

Now I understand you may not think outside the box, but a few quick searches on google and avoiding the corporate sponsored stuff you can easily find all this out your self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mustard, relish, onions and peppers.

Pickle and tomato optional.

Chicago. Which is quite famous for it's No Smoking sign inspired "No Ketchup" posters in our local stands and carts.

At best one may be cursed out for asking for ketchup- which is appropriate. At worst, service is refused in the old school places that still make hot dogs like they did over 60 years ago. Such as Jimmy's, Jonnie's, Snappy Dog and Yo-Joe's. I have seen it happen more than once.

I am fairly elitist when it comes to certain social and cultural custom. My views on pizza are fascistic really.
    One wonders about the levels of empathy and social understanding when dealing with people from Americas most violent city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Forget hot dogs.

Mayonnaise = processed egg and vegetable oil emulsion. And of course I'm pretty sure the processing of the eggs strips it of what makes eggs healthy in the first place (i.e. superior micronutrient profile) and vegetable oil is just bad baddyness to begin with.

Mayonnaise? Where does that word even come from? Is that the latin word for industrial byproduct sauce?
    mayonnaise comes from the name of a Spanish town Mahón.

The reality is Mayonnaise is easy to make at home, and it's actually quite healthy. I usually use olive oil and add in garlic when I make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The reality is Mayonnaise is easy to make at home, and it's actually quite healthy. I usually use olive oil and add in garlic when I make it.
    I put all sorts in my homemade mayo. Chili paste, wasabi, horseradish etc
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2015-04-21 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Yup. Egg yolks, oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt. For the basic recipe. Emulsification is fun.

Do it once by hand with a whisk. Then just use your food processor.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Miracle Whip uses the same basic ingredients as Mayonnaise, Vegetable Oil (soybean), Eggs, and Vinegar. They add corn starch and corn syrup so they can use less oil making the formula cheaper to manufacture, they also add a seasoning pack to hide the taste since their recipe would not taste as good without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I put all sorts in my homemade mayo. Chili paste, wasabi, horseradish etc
    Interesting.

I usually use cumin, chili and garlic. Wasabi could be fun. (horseradish in mayo is actually very traditional)

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds absolutely disgusting! I have no idea where one would come up with the idea to even try it unless they were out of ketchup one day and felt like they had to have something on their dog!
    (Kylan and Xanthe on Avalon, www.avalon-rpg.com, since 1996)

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Mustard, Ketchup, and relish or Chili.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aryianna View Post
    That sounds absolutely disgusting! I have no idea where one would come up with the idea to even try it unless they were out of ketchup one day and felt like they had to have something on their dog!
    Since Ketchup is a modern invention, and Mayonnaise has been around much longer, and since the Hot Dog was invented in Eastern Europe the odds are Mayo was used long before Ketchup.

p.s. Ketchup had several stages to it's development. It started when pickled fish sauce from China (kôe-chiap) made it's way to England in the early 1700's, The English then made it from Mushrooms. Until 1801 when Americans started making it with Tomatoes.