15+ Year Old Account

Solution to the 27K PVP Vendor/Offspec

One of the things that happened to me during MoP that really ticked me off was doing the Celestials weekly for PVP gear. I was on my priest and healing, unfortunately due to doing another activity my loot was set to Shadow. Of course I get legs and they're Shadow. Oops. While it was nice to get legs the first week of that season, it wasn't for the spec I PVP'd in. So I ended up PVP'ing shadow and healing through arena 2's cap in shadow gear until I hit 27k.

Now as we all remember bear tanks for RBG's were mandatory not so recently. Yet they were useless for arena. If you were a druid that wanted to bear tank RBG's you were going to suck wind doing any part of your Conquest cap in 2's throwaway matches when tanking was useless.

Well those were big problems until you hit 27k Conquest and then could buy alt spec gear for honor. How completely worthless.

Now, what do you do with any/all honor while doing randoms for fun, in steamrolling PUGs or with regular RBG friends?

I think the ideal situation to having multiple specs, some very specialized, is offering a Conquest token/slot/unlock.

Example: You get a piece of Conquest gear, legs, glove, helm etc. You have in effect spent 2200 or 1750 Conquest points to unlock that slot. At that point if you spent 2200 Conquest on legs, you can now buy the off set leg item for honor at the same iLvL.

It doesn't make anyone OP or create imbalance. You have a character with 2 pieces of Conquest gear but they're the same slot. It would still take the requisite amount of time to hit the 27k achievement and be fully geared for both specs.

Further with honor caps being an issue if you do a lot of randoms with nothing to buy you can spend honor every week on gear instead of burning it and having to do even more honor farming to buy Conquest gear off spec stuff after you've hit the 27k achievement.

I really think this situation is ideal and would really facilitate people not being pigeon holed in a spec for months at a time until they hit the 27k achievement then still have to honor farm all over again.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2015-04-18 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I like the idea of spending honor and conquest on item slots instead of items, have you posted this on the WoW forums? More chance of them seeing this and maybe even making this happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm unsubscribed at the moment but feel free to post the idea as your own.

Obviously you'd have to create exceptions for trinkets and rings because unlocking 1 ring or 1 trinket slot then buying all the others with honor would defeat the purpose of the idea.

Seems like it could have good potential, but at the moment it is pretty easy to gear for off-specs since you only need to replace cloak, neck, rings, trinkets, and weapons. Opposed to the extra 27k grind, you only need to grind a couple thousand points (at least to be fully geared, ignoring whether you have to buy the versatility vs. main set depending on your spec to be "perfectly" itemized).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladfork View Post
    Seems like it could have good potential, but at the moment it is pretty easy to gear for off-specs since you only need to replace cloak, neck, rings, trinkets, and weapons. Opposed to the extra 27k grind, you only need to grind a couple thousand points (at least to be fully geared, ignoring whether you have to buy the versatility vs. main set depending on your spec to be "perfectly" itemized).
    This is not completely true, not all specs favor the same offstats. For instance, for a druid, if you want to gear for balance and resto, you're gonna need to replace more pieces than just the neck/trinkets/wep/rings.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    This is not completely true, not all specs favor the same offstats. For instance, for a druid, if you want to gear for balance and resto, you're gonna need to replace more pieces than just the neck/trinkets/wep/rings.
    As a guy who plays a druid, this is... only kinda true. Your assumption is that ideal gear exists for both (or either) spec - when it doesnt.

The stats you need for either spec dont even necessarily exist on the current PvP gear.

Resto favors haste/mastery, and boomkin favors crit/mastery, but only a few pieces (at all) have the favorable mix. For a lot of the resto pieces, you take the crit/mastery piece because there is no haste/mastery piece and vice versa.

I dont even consider this a "problem" - as a total casual who never gets more than 1700 a week (and usually on 1500 because i dont like Ashran and the way theyve changed it make it non-viable as a source of CP cap/week - doing first-win BG every day and a few random wins is easier - as a total casual though, i have both boomkin and resto sets.

And, quite honestly, if for your "off spec" you have to have four or five pieces of Combatant's gear - big whoop. 15 iLevels on four pieces of gear is not breaking you.

Ill proffer a solution to this non existant problem, however:

How about a vendor that exchanges any like piece for like piece?

Already bought your CQ wrist? Changed specs? Go over to Vendor X and trade it in for the new piece. Requirements are the old piece and... gold/apexis/honor, whatever. Dont like it, want to trade it back? do so.

"Problem" solved.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2015-04-19 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    The point is it is still only a few thousand points vs another 26k points or whatever it takes for a full set of gear like it was in MoP. That was the only reason they ever implemented that in MoP.