Thread: Proxies

Proxies

do proxies hide my proxies?

just wonder whether you can tell whether i'm from canada or not.
    is it just the http header? or can you backtrace to bounce off all anon proxies?
    or are there other ways of identifying ppl?

We can tell you're from Canada because you just told us.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    We can tell you're from Canada because you just told us.
    and if he's lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Technology View Post
    do proxies hide my proxies?

just wonder whether you can tell whether i'm from canada or not.
    is it just the http header? or can you backtrace to bounce off all anon proxies?
    or are there other ways of identifying ppl?
    I'd first ask for what purpose you are doing this and secondly only people who have access to what IP you connected from could tell you that answer. Normal users on these forums can't see that information.

Cascading proxies are a simple way to obscure your IP. That doesn't mean it is effective, especially considering normal proxies log every access and the communication is usually not encrypted.
    But yes, for the normal web server it is pretty much impossible to tell where you are really from when (at least one) of your proxy server omits or spoofs the x-forwarded-for header. That doesn't mean it can not be found out by the police, but a normal server admin won't be able to.

An admin of another forum told me that some forums have propriatary software giving them access to information stored by law enforcement: the ips the machine connects to is stored along with unique identifiers, which I believe from experience

10+ Year Old Account
    An admin of another forum told me that some forums have propriatary software giving them access to information stored by law enforcement: the ips the machine connects to is stored along with unique identifiers, which I believe from experience
    this not so much, its bs, but you can be tracked through proxies, tor, and vpns

edit, if they are looking the correct way, you cannot really mask that you are from canada

assuming this is for netflix, they are probably running an IPv6 tracker or using a super cookie, your own computer basically spills the beans on you regardless of how many proxies you use

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    this not so much, its bs, but you can be tracked through proxies, tor, and vpns

edit, if they are looking the correct way, you cannot really mask that you are from canada

assuming this is for netflix, they are probably running an IPv6 tracker or using a super cookie, your own computer basically spills the beans on you regardless of how many proxies you use
    It is possible. Who knows?? They know regardless of my device and my ipv6 is disabled

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible. Who knows?? They know regardless of my device and my ipv6 is disabled
    no im saying with 100% certainty it is actually happening, your cookies and personal settings are what give you away, for true anonymity you need a specialized OS, not just a browser's incognito mode

also, assuming this is something like netflix, you need a separate account that you only log in to when going over a proxy or vpn, they can tell your account location based also on your billing address, your credit card account, or location services on your phone, they can tell you are using a vpn or proxy with route checks from your host, and they can tell from past connections, if you go from appearing to be in toronto to appearing to be in paris with only a few seconds difference they are going to detect that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    no im saying with 100% certainty it is actually happening, your cookies and personal settings are what give you away, for true anonymity you need a specialized OS, not just a browser's incognito mode

also, assuming this is something like netflix, you need a separate account that you only log in to when going over a proxy or vpn, they can tell your account location based also on your billing address, your credit card account, or location services on your phone, they can tell you are using a vpn or proxy with route checks from your host, and they can tell from past connections, if you go from appearing to be in toronto to appearing to be in paris with only a few seconds difference they are going to detect that as well
    What personal settings?

Tails didn't work. Whonix didn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Individually those might only group you into a bucket of people that might have a few hundred thousand users (like browser version), but they may also be uniquely identifying (like font lists). Taken in aggregate you can build a remarkably good system of identification. with 24 yes or no questions you can uniquely identify every person on the internet. Questions that have more complex answers (like what version of the flash plug in do you have installed) reduce the number of required questions dramatically.
    expanding on this, when enumerating someone using a vpn or tor, you treat the specific combination of information from a host like a fingerprint, and compare it to known hosts, if i know your cookies, i can see you through tor or a vpn, its like if you rob a bank wearing a mask, you are technically anonymous, but you can be identified by your fingerprints left behind

Dozens of different ones can give you away.Your resolution, browser version and OS, the list of fonts you have installed and the order that list is returned in, plugins and their versions. Whether or not you have adblock installed, which versions of various resources your browser requests, the timing and spacing of packets and how your particular computer responds to certain network events.

Individually those might only group you into a bucket of people that might have a few hundred thousand users (like browser version), but they may also be uniquely identifying (like font lists). Taken in aggregate you can build a remarkably good system of identification. with 24 yes or no questions you can uniquely identify every person on the internet. Questions that have more complex answers (like what version of the flash plug in do you have installed) reduce the number of required questions dramatically.
    No, I had JavaScript disabled so they can't get my installed fonts

- - - Updated - - -

Dozens of different ones can give you away.Your resolution, browser version and OS, the list of fonts you have installed and the order that list is returned in, plugins and their versions. Whether or not you have adblock installed, which versions of various resources your browser requests, the timing and spacing of packets and how your particular computer responds to certain network events.

What do you mean by the timing and spacing of packets? I'm pretty sure that's the clock skew of a computer which can be calculated from the tcpbptinestamp you mean. I have that disabled

And what do you mean by how the computer responds to certain network events?