Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Disclaimer:
    I had an idea this morning that I think would make a pretty cool 6.3 raid if they choose to do one before the release of the next expansion. I think if they were to do one, it should be integrated in the story, and not feel disconnected like RS. And I don't know about the rest of you, but despite what Blizzard has said I have not felt that OUR Azeroth is in much danger. We seem to be able to come and go as we please, opening portals willy nilly, but the Iron Horde sort of seems to be stuck after we destroyed the Dark Portal. So the raid I have in mind sets out to accomplish 3 main goals.

1. Keep the playerbase entertained and excited until the next expansion.
    2. Have integrated story elements of Warlords of Draenor, so it does not feel disconnected.
    3. Puts current day Azeroth at risk.

I am not up to date on the legendary quest line myself, and I have no knowledge of where they are taking the legendary ring story line in 6.2- so the rest of my post strongly weighs on what they actually decide to do with it. So without further ado, here we go:

6.3 Raid Summary
    It's the end of the Hellfire Citadel raid. We have defeated Archimonde and thwarted the Burning Legion's plans at Hellfire Citadel. It seems the world is once again safe, thanks to Azeroth's Mightiest Heroes. This is the point in time where we have blown up Sargeras' Death Star, and we are now free to party with the local ewoks. However, unknown to us, the Burning Legion's attempts at the Hellfire Citadel in Draenor were only a rouse, a distraction to keep us away from their real end game, which involves some manipulation of a certain Archmage. Throughout Warlords, Khadgar has served as a safety net for us through our questing (If Warlords was a movie, you are pretty sure things won't go terribly wrong in a scene with Khadgar in it, because you won't kill the main character.) and he has helped us along by giving us a legendary ring. What if- just if- Gul'dan were to secretly manipulate Khadgar through the use of fel magic, to slowly drive him mad. Gul'dan has been periodically dipping into the shadows, probably communing with demons. Archimonde? probably, yes. Kil' Jaden? could be, maybe even Sargeras himself. Having the opportunity to talk and strategize with these players makes Gul'dan potentially VERY powerful. This comes to a head in 6.3 when Khadgar, against his own will, reawakens the arcane power of Karazhan to summon Sargeras to current day Azeroth. Khadgar, driven mad with the fel spell of Gul'dan will call upon the magic of Karazhan to summon various demons and arcane monstrosities as bosses for the raid, with the Corrupted Khadgar serving as the end boss of the instance. This doesn't mean we have to kill Khadgar, it could be that he is fighting the corruption, and us defeating him will be weakening Sargeras' hold on him enough so he may free himself.
    I even had some fun coming up with a monologue for Khadgar in a possible patch 6.3 trailer.

"I once thought you to be a hero, our salvation...
    I thought helping you, would lead to something.... greater.
    I realize now...
    I was mislead.
    There is only one way now to right my wrongs,
    and bring forth the New Age of he Burning Legion.
    I will return to Karazhan, and revive it's arcane powers.
    [raid footage here]
    To summon new monsters...
    [insert raid boss footage]
    and demons...
    [insert more raid boss footage]
    To prepare for his arrival.
    [Insert shot of Sargeras]
    So face me heroes, if you dare tread in MY HOME."
    ^Obviously way rough, there's a reason I am not employed as a writer. But hopefully it was enough to set the tone of the raid.
    And finally, the raid title Patch 6.3 Karazhan Awakened. That's the summary- now to why I think it works.

Why it works
    1. Keep the players entertained and excited until the next expansion.
    Now, before you leap up and scream about Blizzard rehashing content and having us revisit Karazhan, you must realize there is much more to Karazhan that we never got to see. Beneath Karazhan, lies a reverse image of the tower- a basement with a darker twist on it. It could be this part, the reverse Karazhan, that we venture into. It's because of this two-faced personality of Karazhan that would allow for Blizzard to make another raid, without making players feel like they've been there before.

2. Have integrated story with the rest of Warlords of Draenor.
    Very easy to build it off of the events in 6.2/legendary questline. Objective achieved.

3. Puts current day Azeroth at risk.
    There's only 1 Karazhan in game, our Karazhan. This finally delivers on the Blizzcon promise, that despite time travel and alternate realities its OUR world that is in danger. If Khadgar succeeds in summoning Sargeras to Karazhan, there would be immediate consequences in OUR Azeroth.

Please, let me know what you think of this idea. Do you love it, and desperately want to see a raid like this one in Warlords of Draenor? Do you hate it, and think I should burn in a fire for suggesting it? Let me know WHY you hate it.
    thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Squazi; 2015-05-05 at 07:43 PM.

I wonder if drinking Archimonde's blood would have a different effect. He's certainly more powerful than Mannoroth.

Grommash is going to participate in the final fight with archimonde according with what people have datamined from the ptr. Who knows. Maybe in mythic there is a secret phase like the final boss in highmaul where grommash is empowered and manipulated and we have to finish him. What about this : after killing archimonde, his soul uses grommash body as a vessel and we have to destroy him, making grommash the last boss of the exp in some way

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squazi View Post
    Disclaimer:
    I had an idea this morning that I think would make a pretty cool 6.3 raid if they choose to do one before the release of the next expansion.
    The problem with a 6.3 raid is timing. There won't be enough time for a full raid to be developed. The best that can be hoped for is an Onyxia or RS style mini raid, something that won't require a lot of testing. At the ame time though, there won't be much benefit to it..Blizzard aren't likely to add another tier of gear.

The only thing that mighy work would be a raid confrontation between Guldan and Khadgar - maybe one where we learr that Khadgar has an "agenda" of his own. Maybe he's the one manipulating events, maybe he's taking Medivhs place in manipulating the orcs. Maybe he's the AU Khadgar -

That would explain why he and Gul'dan appear to have a history and know each other - they are the Medivh and Ner'zhul of this universe - biut also raises questions such as where is khadgar or the AU Bronze flight.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The problem with a 6.3 raid is timing. There won't be enough time for a full raid to be developed. The best that can be hoped for is an Onyxia or RS style mini raid, something that won't require a lot of testing. At the ame time though, there won't be much benefit to it..Blizzard aren't likely to add another tier of gear.

The only thing that mighy work would be a raid confrontation between Guldan and Khadgar - maybe one where we learr that Khadgar has an "agenda" of his own. Maybe he's the one manipulating events, maybe he's taking Medivhs place in manipulating the orcs. Maybe he's the AU Khadgar -

That would explain why he and Gul'dan appear to have a history and know each other - they are the Medivh and Ner'zhul of this universe - biut also raises questions such as where is khadgar or the AU Bronze flight.

EJL

mmm interesting... but I think that Gul'dan was going to travel to our universe