Deleted

this is how u hande sanguine strikes as a prot warrior

First, sanguine strikes is the iron maidens < 20 % hp ability from marak (all dmg you take as a tank from marak will dmg the raid)

I have heard interviews from pro guilds, where they talk about how op monk is in that phase, since the raid will take almost no dmg.

I had to handle it as a protection warrior. The biggest problem was, when shit becomes to get heavy, our boat group would die due to sanguine strikes (we play the, 3 ship go into p2 while ship 3 is going on, tactic) killing them. So i was trying to find a way how i could minimize the dmg the boat group would take at the beginning of the last phase. And i came to the conclusion, that no dmg at all is the best (i m so smart), so i did following:

call for a hand of protection.....well in the first place you d call me stupid, you d say: you will loose aggro on marak so whats the point idiot? But what a lot of tanks (and people overall) don t know, as long as your taunt is active, the boss is still "forced" to attack you, even tho ur immun to physical dmg, so i pop vigilance and just keep on taunting marak through the hole time hand of protection is active on me. This lets me tank marak for 10 seconds while i m immune, after that, i ll obviosly have a caped "clarity of will shield" on me, and have like 10-20 seconds left to tank marak until she dies. You ll have to tank marak for like 20-30 seconds ovreall until she dies, so 10 seconds of beeing completely immun is huge. You ll have (or should have) a caped COW shield at that point and all your cds for the last 10-20 seconds until marak dies left. Our raid took like 800 k dmg from sanguine strikes in our first kill. But honestly, you should be able to reduce the dmg your raid takes from sanguine strikes to absolutely 0 with this, if your disc keeps on spamming COW on you.

I have checked like 20-30 logs from top guilds, and i haven t seen a prot warrior use hand of protection + vigilance like that. But on the other hand i have heard interviews from top guilds, about how OP monktank is for that specific part in the fight. If you reduce the dmg from sanguine strikes, the >20 % phase is kinda trivial, this is the main source of dmg at that point, and the thing where most guilds (imho) struggle on.

So i just thought this will maybe help some prot warriors to handle sanguine strikes better. Even tho monk thank is probably still better in taking marak > 20%, we still have a pretty good tool in our arsenal, we can facetank a boss while beeing immune for 10 seconds, no other tank can do this (besides druids if they change talents for it).

Hf

Deleted
    Well, we used 2 boat strat, and our warrior tanked Marak just fine. Though, to be fair, 2 boating it makes Marak easier.

The trick isn't really the tank, its more so the healers. You need to have the CoW person spamming you and only you 24/7. Also, DR cooldowns do help, from paladins and from other warriors. Cocoons from monks could be nice mayhaps.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing. Not sure if necessairy and I am not that far yet, but when I get there and if my group struggles there, I will surely remember this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    While I (and I presume most) are well aware that you can taunt while immune, it hadn't occured to me to utilise the taunt spam of vigilance to do it for a full BoP duration. Thanks, this is a really useful idea (in general, not just this fight)!

Wow that's interesting. Are you immune to slam from kromog when this happens too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by komgol View Post
    Wow that's interesting. Are you immune to slam from kromog when this happens too?
    Ofc yes, but i don t know how this will go with fists of stone, thats something you d have to try, could happen, that the boss just doesn t see you as a valid target and just double fist of stone your other tank.