Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Nope. They should only be considered when they retire. Also I dont even consider Paul McCartney Rock and Roll. He is more like pop music much like the Beatles were.

Also they need to stop putting country acts, adult contemporary acts, and pop music acts in there. Its the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame, NOT the music Hall of Fame
    Clearly you know nothing about what is considered rock music. The fact that Madonna is in there though is bad enough, however there are plenty of bands and artists that should be inducted before Green Day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Firstly the Beatles were rock n roll and secondly pop music came from rock n roll so it does sort of have a place
    Im sorry, but there is NO way a song like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", "Hey Jude", or "Yellow Submarine" are at all Rock and Roll. Maybe Adult Contemporary or light pop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    With this line, you lost all credibility when it comes to knowledge about music. Thread can be closed tbh.
    Hint before you make more stupid statements: pop was derived from rock and roll in the 50's/60's.
    In the 60's pop was the equivalent of rock and roll (note how pop stands for popular and changes over time).

When you say the Beatles is not rock and roll you are basically saying Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Elvis Presley, The Everly Brothers and Buddy Holly don't fall in that category either.
    Out of all of those the Only one that to me fits the rock and roll description would be Elvis. The others just arent hard enough to be rock. They dont use heavy guitar riffs, the others are mostly dance music. You cant dance the "waltz" to a Rock and Roll song. Rock and Roll songs dont have dances named after a song like "The Twist"

Deleted
    Im sorry, but there is NO way a song like "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", "Hey Jude", or "Yellow Submarine" are at all Rock and Roll. Maybe Adult Contemporary or light pop
    You must be the most stupid person on the world with comments like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The Beatles were an English rock band that formed in Liverpool in 1960. With members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, they became widely regarded as the greatest and most influential act of the rock era.[1] Rooted in skiffle, beat and 1950s rock and roll, the Beatles later experimented with several genres, ranging from pop ballads and Indian music to psychedelia and hard rock, often incorporating classical elements in innovative ways.
    Charles Edward Anderson "Chuck" Berry (born October 18, 1926) is an American guitarist, singer and songwriter, and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music.
    Charles Hardin Holley (September 7, 1936 – February 3, 1959), known as Buddy Holly, was an American musician and singer-songwriter, often considered one of the main figures of the rock and roll genre in the mid-1950s.
    Just because YOU have a shit taste and dont like something doesnt make it NOT Rock'N'Roll.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2015-04-20 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You must be the most stupid person on the world with comments like this:

Just because YOU have a shit taste and dont like something doesnt make it NOT Rock'N'Roll.
    I never said the Beatles werent good. I just said in my mind they are NOT Rock and Roll. They are more in the genre of Barry Manilow, or The Carpenters.

Just because someone wrote in Wikipedia that its rock doesnt make it so. I could go to the article right now and classify the Beatles as polka if I wanted to. It doesnt make it true
    Last edited by Orlong; 2015-04-20 at 12:20 PM.

Greenday isn't rock and roll, even Creed is better than greenday yuck

The Beatles are not only Rock n Roll, they redefined the genre and became the largest musical influence for most artist born since then. The three songs you picked ate nonsensical. The first is off their first album, and, while very pop, definitely had those guitar riffs you're looking for. Hey Jude is classic folk rock, and Yellow Submarine is silly but still has your arbitrary qualifications.

I mean, have you never listened to the White Album?

Just because someone wrote in Wikipedia that its rock doesnt make it so. I could go to the article right now and classify the Beatles as polka if I wanted to. It doesnt make it true
    You sure could however 99% of people would still know they were rock and or roll. Just because you think they aren't it doesn't make it so.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Out of all of those the Only one that to me fits the rock and roll description would be Elvis. The others just arent hard enough to be rock. They dont use heavy guitar riffs, the others are mostly dance music. You cant dance the "waltz" to a Rock and Roll song. Rock and Roll songs dont have dances named after a song like "The Twist"
    Dude get a grip, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, etc. are who DEFINED and REDEFINED rock and roll. You clearly know nothing at all about music and everytime you say something like this you make yourself look more stupid.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2015-04-20 at 01:28 PM.

Nope. They should only be considered when they retire.
    Wasn't aware it was the Retired Rock and Roller Hall of Fame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Dude get a grip, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, etc. are who DEFINED and REDEFINED rock and roll. You clearly know nothing at all about music and everytime you say something like this you make yourself look more stupid.
    Im sorry, but if it doesnt have at least 2 electric guitars, a bass guitar, and a full drum set. It isnt Rock And Roll

Nope. They should only be considered when they retire. Also I dont even consider Paul McCartney Rock and Roll. He is more like pop music much like the Beatles were.

Also they need to stop putting country acts, adult contemporary acts, and pop music acts in there. Its the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame, NOT the music Hall of Fame
    So these guys are in their 70s, are some of the most influential music acts of all time and are not allowed to be in the Hall of Fame until they die? Les Paul died at the age of 94 and was still playing, you can't compare sports with arts. Also, Paul Mccartney and the Beatles are not "pop", this is probably the most influential group of musicians in Rock history and you're calling them a pop group.

They wrote music after 1964, you should probably give it a try! She's So Heavy could be considered the first Heavy Metal track with the heavy evolution towards the end of the track, before Sabbath or Led Zeppelin.

Im sorry, but if it doesnt have at least 2 electric guitars, a bass guitar, and a full drum set. It isnt Rock And Roll
    I guess these are not considered rock then

Black Sabbath
    Led Zeppelin
    Queen
    Van Halen
    Pink Floyd
    Pantera
    Rage Against The Machine
    Cream
    Rush
    Muse
    Nirvana
    The Police
    Deep Purple
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    The Who
    Fleetwood Mac.

But funnily enough, The Beatles had 2 guitarists.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-20 at 03:51 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Those 4 are the very definition of Rock n Roll.
    I'm not sure what you're smoking but it might be time to stop.

I think you need to look at the history of Rock and Roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody should get into a Hall of Fame until they retire from their craft.
    I respectfully disagree. It's surprising to me they got in so quickly too, but I don't have a problem with them getting in while still performing. By that logic, some bands would NEVER get in, I'm looking at you Jagger.

Deleted
    Sorry but this just classifies you as a PLAIN STUPID TROLL. EOT
    Next time you see something you dont like -> Dont open a thread about it cause it will only make you look even more stupid.

Well. The Beatles did have rock songs. A few.

They're still the most overrated suck ass band of all time, right up there with the crappy Stones. Can't stand it.

You dont see Major League Baseball, NBA, NHL or the NFL inducting people while they still play. In fact they have rules on how many years retired people need to be retired before they can be inducted so they cant come back and play after induction and mess up their legacy
    True but then how many people participating in MLB, NBA, NHL or the NFL have been active participants for 20/30/40/50 years. There are not the same restrictions on your ability to create and perform and contribute to music as there are on pro sports and a player who has been retired for the required period to be eligible in the NFL hall of fame could of been a pro for a fraction of the amount of time that an active band has been formed.

Not to mention the obvious fact that money is a big issue and would lead to lots of people getting stripped of their Hall of Fame status. Band splits up, gets inducted, 2 years later they're offered a huge amount of money to reform at least partially because they're now HoFers with a loyal fanbase. Do you strip them of their award because it somehow negates the quality of the music they spent 2 decades writing and performing prior to that happening?

<cough> The Beatles had that.

Or what did you think John and George were playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    They didnt have an electric bass

Ummm......Paul played bass.