Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    With this thread you just proved how you don't know shit about rock'n'roll. Nobody give a shit about what YOU would classify as rock since you obviously dont know what you are talking about....

"At least two electric guitars, a bass and a full drum set or its not rock'n'roll" : you should hide yourself since you posted that bullshit. You cannot pretend being interrested in rock and not knowing about Hendrix, Led Zep, etc etc. And how ridiculous do you feel since you realized that the Beatles had 2 guitars, a bass and a drumset? Lmao...
    2 guitars, a bass and a drumset isnt the only qualification. It also has to have a tempo of at least 60 BPM or else its a ballad or slow dance song. There are other qualifications as well

10+ Year Old Account
    It's beyond me why anyone ever replies to anything Orlong ever says.

Anyway, on topic.
    Even if there are far better options than Green Day they have still contributed to the evolution of a subgenre. That can also be said about other better alternatives. Anyway..
    Thundercunts and stuff

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Violin style. Not the pluck kind
    No, as in the shape of the fucking instrument.

This is the damn bass that Paul McCartney has played for over 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    2 guitars, a bass and a drumset isnt the only qualification. It also has to have a tempo of at least 60 BPM or else its a ballad or slow dance song. There are other qualifications as well
    60 Bpm is very very slow, a typical slow song would be at around 95-100bpm. Where are you pulling these silly "qualifications" from?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    It's beyond me why anyone ever replies to anything Orlong ever says.

Anyway, on topic.
    Even if there are far better options than Green Day they have still contributed to the evolution of a subgenre. That can also be said about other better alternatives. Anyway..
    I think if they stopped at Dookie, people would be more appreciative of them. Not that the newest stuff is bad, but it certainly doesn't define a genre anymore.

Deleted
    Out of his ass! The dude is probably born in the 90's but he believe he sets qualifications for something that existed before his father was in his granpa balls.... He just dont know what he is talking about and ignore everything we said. Look how he's still talking about 2 EGuitars after someone made him notice about Jimi Hendrix, Pantera etc... And the 60 BPM thing is another proof that he dont know what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The hell are you talking about? LOL
    Your nonsense ain't any better than his...
    Show some respect dude, I'm telling you the things VH1 doesn't want you to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Show some respect dude, I'm telling you the things VH1 doesn't want you to know.
    alright.....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think if they stopped at Dookie, people would be more appreciative of them. Not that the newest stuff is bad, but it certainly doesn't define a genre anymore.
    I think their first three post-Dookie albums did a lot to show their range as performers; Insomniac is a much heavier, punkier offering. I personally wasn't too keen on the softer sounds of Nimrod and Warning but I know people who adore them and consider them to be Green Day's best.

As far as I'm concerned their finest album is American Idiot, it seems to tie together a lot of their previous work (including some side-projects) and the level of success they achieved so long after their first peak is pretty spectacular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As far as I'm concerned their finest album is American Idiot, it seems to tie together a lot of their previous work (including some side-projects) and the level of success they achieved so long after their first peak is pretty spectacular.
    I've heard that before. I should probably listen to the whole album.

American Idiot was awesome.

I also agree, you can't judge the Beatles on their work in the early 60s. That's not the stuff they're judged on as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. A Hard Day's Night isn't the reason everyone cites them as influence. Albums like Rubber Soul, the White Album, Sgt. Pepper's, even Magical Mystery Tour...and the seminal Abbey Road, holy shit. That's the Beatles.

As for the OP, I agree Green Day seems like a weird choice over, say, Soundgarden, but I think they're pretty decent. I honestly don't give a fuck, though, about the RnR HoF, it's a very commercial, tourist-trappy sort of thing.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I also agree, you can't judge the Beatles on their work in the early 60s.
    If The Beatles has stopped after Help! I still think they would of deserved a spot in the Hall of Fame. Even if those were only 2+ years worth of albums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Soundgarden, but I think they're pretty decent. I honestly don't give a fuck, though, about the RnR HoF, it's a very commercial, tourist-trappy sort of thing.
    I'd love to see Chris Cornell get a solo mention. His had a pretty solid career.