Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The suspect was white, so it's very much explicable why the cop wanted to be sure. If the suspect was black, he wouldn't have hesitated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Although it turned out well the situation could have gone very wrong. The cop was seriously puting his life on the line. The guy could have had a knife and killed him when he charged or even a gun. It was a stupid move IMO. Of course all the cop hater crowd will praise him for the act and try to use this as an example of how cops should behave in the future. In the least the cop should have tazed him if not shot him with a gun.
    I agree, the whole situation could have gone south quick.I would be more concerned keeping our police safe then someone who charges a police officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

If he wants to go out by suicide by cop let him. Very good by the cop though.

Need more cops like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr Mr Cop

I first off want to apologize for my behavior on the night in question, When you pulled me over, Asked me to Stop, or Gave me a Direct order, I was High, Lost my _____, had a bad reaction to medication. I realize that you probably deal with people all day everyday, that probably makes you question humanity, who knows if I was in your shoes, I might get fed up, Jaded, or paranoid too, but all the same I appreciate the fact you didn't when you could have, and thank you for not ending my bout of stupidity, mental episode, or mistake with putting a bullet in my ass.

Sincerely thankful to be alive and not sucking jello through a straw.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    The first american cop that would be as decently trained and smart as european cops? Sadly he had to train himself though.

It's great to see that at least someone is willing to distance himself from the dishonorable behaviour of the rest of his country.
    i would pay to see every person on this forum who complains about cop conduct be one for two years.

when you take up a career, it is to make money to create a future and you can't have a dream if you don't have a future. In other words, the objective is to stay alive.

you don't put down motherfuckers threatening that goal and pull them like weeds the second they rear their ugly head, you're going to die sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    I'm not sure what you just meant, but is it an excuse for the bad training US cops get?
    He's more like implying that in the barbaric state of US, cops face daily threats of being shot I guess.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The loathsome pieces of shit are the scumbag criminals. Had that scumbag actually been armed and injured/killed the cop or a nearby civilian, then everyone would be bitching about hos this cop didnt do the right thing and allowed people to die. This cop SHOULD have shot this scumbag and did us a favor of getting rid of one more of them
    I second this. Yeah the cop should be commended for reading the situation well, but as a general rule it would be a foolish thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    The suspect was white, so it's very much explicable why the cop wanted to be sure. If the suspect was black, he wouldn't have hesitated.
    If the suspect was black, he would have called for more ammo and a bag of weed instead of backup.
    And the colleague in his ear would have cheered him on with "riddle him, riddle him!"

Honestly i think most people would at least have shot that guy in the leg if in that scenario and i would see no problem with that.
    Not shooting at all shows how confident he was, that he would be quicker to pull the trigger, if the suspect pulls out a gun.

Can't decide if I should praise him or not. The moment he fell on his ass was the moment he had shown too much restraint imo. A bit too much of a gamble with his own life from that point onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    You make me laugh...seriously. You only want to believe what you read here and on your other internet forums and bash Americans. Perhaps you should do more research and learn there are many many good and decent cops. They just don't get recognition because people would rather read the crap about the "bad" cops.
    You have to understand. The drama level in the US is generally a magnitude higher than in Europe. If a cop pulls a gun on you here, most people would already be in shock and paralysed.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i would pay to see every person on this forum who complains about cop conduct be one for two years.

when you take up a career, it is to make money to create a future and you can't have a dream if you don't have a future. In other words, the objective is to stay alive.

you don't put down motherfuckers threatening that goal and pull them like weeds the second they rear their ugly head, you're going to die sooner rather than later.

Sounds like the wrong temperament for serving justice.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    That is so matter of fact of you. Are you 100% certain he would have reacted differently?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Pretty much. White suspects can't do no wrong in cops eyes even with weapons and threats. While unarmed black people are getting killed without hesitation.