View Poll Results: Are you a Social Justice Warrior?

Voters
532. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Let's rock the house

38 7.14%
  • No.

494 92.86%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Just one recent example: entitled SJWs at Berkely prevent others students from going to class and acquiring an education.

<video>

"We want them to recognize the inconvenience young black people face on a daily basis"
    >cut to black person being prevented from going to class by them.

They are literally retarded imbeciles.
    God that's fucking special. Bonus points for a hipster white kid talking about blacks being inconvenienced as they do just that to a black student in the video. "They feel that entitled" says one girl of the people trying to get through the blockade to get to their classes - well yes, I too would feel entitled to an education I'M PAYING FOR. I really hope security took care of them and allowed the students with brains to get to their classes un-molested.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-04-21 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The please reference the precise right you are being denied, or the right otherwise abridged, when people choose not to listen to you.
    No rights are being denied and I never mentioned rights full stop. I find the situation sad, that a contingent are specifically choosing to self-censor themselves from reading the views of thousands of thousands of people on a list where those on it are listed primarily by association (who they follow), or by a single infraction noticed by someone who reports you. It is pathetic. The list, if it continues to grow and expand in scope and usage will begin to resemble a kind of blacklist.

Like I said, master's tools. The purpose of these exercises is to reshape social norms to create a systemic bias toward full equality. If they were ineffectual, we wouldn't be discussing them. Reactionaries wouldn't be as apoplectic about them as they are. Personally, I have no problem with either the means nor the ends, and reiterate that this phenomenon in and of itself is not anywhere close to a new thing.
    Is that what they're doing, is it? All I see is reactionaries kicking off at people making off-colour jokes on social media and using what they can to hurt them for it. I don't think indulging or laughing at dark humour should be valid grounds to be removed from your place of employment nor do I think their existence in society, in general, is necessarily a wicked and evil thing. I don't desire not support any endeavour to purify society in this fashion. This kind of behaviour used to be practiced by the puritans on the right. We've come full circle.

The irony of course, is that by using these tactics and getting random people fired tends to cause negative publicity for Feminism.

Describe a politics not rooted in identity. That is, a politics independent of the the political actor.
    To view homosexuals as solely homosexuals as representative or actors solely within that identity is troubling. To view transpeople as solely that. To view someone's ethnic identity as being their most remarkable feature. That's the turn I've observed in the left. It is also amusing earlier that you mentioned the guy I linked wanting to be some gatekeeper of the left and your remarks about it having moved on from having white people at its forefront. How has that changed?

You're going to have to be more precise in what you mean by "more than that." Racial inclusion? There are women of color. Trans inclusion? There are transwomen. Gay inclusion? There are gay women. Are they not human beings and women, whose value should be championed by a movement who holds that women are equal human beings? I'm not sure how familiar you are with the history of feminism, but these are questions as old as the movement itself (and I mean 1850s old, not 1960s old), and the trajectory has been, since then, toward inclusion.
    If you identify as a Feminist but then say you don't believe that Patriarchy exists, or query the nature of Patriarchy you'll be told where to go. If you query the prevalence of rape culture, the importance of cultural appropriation, the utility in legislating against hate-speech, the emergence of safe spaces. (This one in particular is disturbing. It almost reads like a document circulated by Scientology about a suppressive person).

I believe it is fundamentally disingenuous to just say that Feminist involves thinking men & women should be equal or viewing women as humans and I don't even mean that in a negative way. That does a disservice towards how Feminism has evolved and incorporated different aspects to it.

There are Left-Libertarian feminists, but you don't see much of them in the United States because Left-Libertarianism is, for historical reasons, a dead ideology here. Go to France or Australia (especially Sydney), and its much different, and you will find Libertarian Feminists who hold that state power is an obstacle to women's liberation. You won't find many Right-Libertarian Feminists, given the innate leftism of feminism itself, but they exist in relatively small numbers. And there are defenders of Israel who are also feminists; they're better known as "Israeli Feminists." Zionism, or the idea of Jewish Nationalism, comes in many political variants, and Labour Zionism is perfectly compatible with mainstream feminism.
    I'm talking primarily about Feminism in a North American and Western European sense. I am sure that any Israeli Feminist, almost by definition would be a Zionist but in the USA attempting to involve yourself in Feminist activism would involve going all the way on all things and differing views on foreign policy (Christopher Hitchens style) or differing views even on Islam (Ayaan Hirsi Ali) would have you repudiated, cast out and in a Twitter context probably have you put on the block bot. A number of people have been listed on the block bot just for disagreeing publicly about an issue and not standing down when being told to do so. Randi herself on a few occasions has used the block bot as an implicit threat to any would-be suppressive person. The undertones of it all are quite disturbing at times.
    Last edited by mmoce69e574eb3; 2015-04-22 at 04:49 AM.

It's cool how calling for the forcible enslavement and eventual death of every white male makes you an "SJW" to a bunch of crybabies who can't handle constructive criticism to save their life. Perhaps it is they who are the true SJWs.

7+ Year Old Account
    SJW's hold regressive opinions. I'm glad they are only 7% of the people here.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-04-22 at 05:28 AM.

I would have considered the label at one point in life, but the SJWs have gone so radical that I'd rather just stick to my Humanist or Egalitarian label.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes...yes...everyone congregate in one place...makes it soooo much easier to take all of you out at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most extremist radical views gravitate towards dishonesty, abandonment of objectivity and myopia they usually accuse the opposing equally radical side of. As of now I mock SJWs, MGTOWs etc, as random social-media spurred phenomena.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Most extremist radical views gravitate towards dishonesty, abandonment of objectivity and myopia they usually accuse the opposing equally radical side of. As of now I mock SJWs, MGTOWs etc, as random social-media spurred phenomena.
    Leave MGTOW's alone. Nothing wrong with guys choosing to stay single.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Leave MGTOW's alone. Nothing wrong with guys choosing to stay single.
    I'd never heard of it, I suppose a replacement for confirmed bachelor was needed since that got turned into a euphemism for homosexuals. I think I'd just stick with confirmed bachelor though, I hate awkward acronyms.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'd never heard of it, I suppose a replacement for confirmed bachelor was needed since that got turned into a euphemism for homosexuals. I think I'd just stick with confirmed bachelor though, I hate awkward acronyms.
    MGTOW is waaaay more than just staying single. Its self segregation on a gender basis. And that's before you scratch the surface and see what the types really are like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    MGTOW is waaaay more than just staying single. Its self segregation on a gender basis. And that's before you scratch the surface and see what the types really are like.
    Sure thing, sure thing, "scratch the surface" got it, I'll get right on that.

On second thought, I'll just leave people be and trust them to describe their own internal world more reliably than I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, apparently the latest example of SJW idiocy came from our own beloved WoW community...