Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Even though I disagree with everything you are saying about bgh, I'm letting it ago because I am sick to death about that argument.

The meta is just that though, decks you will be playing against, and decks that are competitive with those. Bringing in something that doesn't do well against them doesn't make them just as viable.

The ramp up of murlocs takes perfect draw, and they aren't sticky at all. An aggro deck will out perform your aggro, and a control will wipe you once or twice and there is no coming back. Hell a zombie chow will more then likely shut down your first 2 turns.
    Wow, just when I thought a post couldn't pack any more condescending into it. It's okay to just say you misunderstood what I was saying you know, right?

And while yes, that is what a meta is, that doesn't make every single deck outside of the meta "trash". And really, the only comparison you could make against a murloc deck is aggro decks in general, because a control could wipe an aggro once or twice and they're not coming back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wow, just when I thought a post couldn't pack any more condescending into it. It's okay to just say you misunderstood what I was saying you know, right?

And while yes, that is what a meta is, that doesn't make every single deck outside of the meta "trash". And really, the only comparison you could make against a murloc deck is aggro decks in general, because a control could wipe an aggro once or twice and they're not coming back either.
    Yea, I'm the one who wont let it go.. ANYWAYS.

How am I supposed to come off as not condescending when I literally have to give you every single point of my argument because you refuse to piece together the facts for yourself.

Murloc decks are dead in the water if they don't have overwhelming board control by turn 4.

Murlocs are murlocs, you have 2 staple buff cards, and 2 Health buff cards. Both of which are near useless if you do not at least have 2 or 3 bodies already on board.

No murloc is a sticky card like other aggro.

Shield bots, shredders, creepers, annoyos, harvests, spider tanks,and tinkers are examples of cards that are commonly seen in a few of the aggro decks that are sticky, or have high health for their cost that are superior to similar cost murloc cards.

This makes them stand up much better against control, otherwise there would be nothing but control.

I never said decks outside of the meta are trash, I said murlocs are.

If BGH is a massive swing you need to reassess your deck IMO. Count on at least your first 1-2 heavy cards getting removed in almost any deck.

I recommend Zoo locks, straightforward starter deck you can play even with relatively basic cards (much better once you unlock more of course). Murloc decks are fun for the lolz for a while before you realise that 9 times out of 10 a competitive deck will stop you in your tracks by turn 5 and then you're completely out of steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    So after some subtle nudging and prodding, I've convinced my friend to try out Hearthstone who's currently a big Yugioh player (goes to local tournaments, plays Duelnetwork, YGO Pro/DevPro, etc).

I'm wondering if someone could point in me in the direction of some decks that would most resemble a Samurai Deck as that and Chaos/Lightsworn decks are his favorites from Yugioh. It's mostly predicated on flooding the board with minions to overwhelm and having great synergy between them all (as far as what Hearthstone could relate to).

I was thinking some version of a Hunter deck (which I know nothing about), or maybe just a run-of-the-mill Zoo lock?

Any ideas?
    Hearthstone is nothing like Yugioh, while yugioh has the RNG element you can still make fun decks and be surprised. Hearthstone is more based on luck then skill. That doesn't make it a bad game, but it's not for everyone.

I'm a card player that likes to pick random cards and try to make the best of what I got...and actually spend some time using those cards. Winning in 4 turns is boring.

just tell him hearthstone is way less simpler, then is no combos moves like in yu-gi-oh, and don't sale your cards
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has mentioned it yet, but good old tempo druid, like old school classic tempo that's all about the yeti's, is also a great starter deck. Here's a free version even, that you can make with basic cards. http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/22792...f2p-ramp-druid

Just tell him Hearthstone isn't dead.
    Also, point him in the direction of the growing esports scene if he is a competitive player.
    Especially the prize pool of the last Blizzcon tourney.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

There are no decks in hearthstone that resemble Six Sams or Lightsworn the closest your going to get is a mill deck to resemble Lightsworn but even that isn't the same (lightsworns mill themselves for combos) The transition for a yugioh player will not end well as Hearthstone is NOTHING like it at all. You'll have a hard time transitioning your friend. The easiest thing to tell him is that Hearthstone is a lot cheaper and slower if he or she enjoys slow matches. Tho I don't think your friend does or they wouldn't play Lightsworn or Six Sams both are fast decks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Just tell him Hearthstone isn't dead.
    Also, point him in the direction of the growing esports scene if he is a competitive player.
    Especially the prize pool of the last Blizzcon tourney.
    There a big competitive scene for Yu-gi-oh too and the game is very much not dead.
    Last edited by ChronoSul; 2015-04-20 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post

Murloc decks are decent all around decks that see alot of play because they are decent.

"thumbs up"

Keep being cool brah.
    That's not even what I said.

You really are a clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I used to find Yu-gi-oh a very interesting card game. Now it's mostly how many monsters you can special summon in one turn and insta-kill cards. Nothing fun about it now. Nobody would watch the TV show if it played like this either. One player taking 5mins per turn I mean.

The best bet for an "anal-train" or "caterpillar" player would be face hunter.
    Though I hate the deck with a passion I will not deny it has its strengths. Your friend, being a swarm oriented player, should find this to be to his liking for little to no cost.
    "I have not failed, I simply found 10,000 ways that did not work." - Thomas Edison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're all children's card games.

OT: There are certain Rogue decks that might fit your friend's desires.
    Yu-gi-oh is certainly easier to get into than Magic. Everytime I try to teach a child how to play magic, they give up on the concept of tapping lands; they're content with sacrificing a creature in order to summon a bigger one.
    It's been ages since I last played any of both games though so maybe bigger and bigger creatures is just one small part of the game nowadays.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2015-04-20 at 11:53 AM.