Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Balance][Mythic] Which talents do you try to rank with ?

This is what i normally do

Grull SotF/Euph

Oregonger Inc/Euph

Furnace. Inc/Euph

Darmac Inc/Euph

Tho'gar Inc/Euph

Maidens Inc/ BoP

Hans Inc/Euph

Flamebender Inc/Euph

Kromog Inc/Euph

Blackhand Inc/Euph

I heard that some people wanted to use BoP on Darmac. So i was just wondering how you guys do it, which what changes.

I even see people who uses blackhand trinket that they got from cache for fights where they rely a lot on starfall.

Notice able comments for make it more smooth

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Balcony dps isn't an issue on BH at all. Any boomkin should be capable of solo'ing the balconies, if you can't you're just bad. BOP isn't even an option there.

@op now ranks @ beastlord etc are all cheese. The only logs beating me are where pack beasts are kept away from the boss while only 1 balance druid aoe's them all fight. When I got my rank 1 it was legit, I used bop, and it was all effective damage on beasts, spears and boss. Now it isn't about playing well, its about cheesing hardest. As other have said, when that is the case the talents you choose is likely less important than the raid comp or the strat you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    flamebender with bop is also abusing fact that dogs still take dmg from dots when they are already killed for x extra seconds ( don't know number), thats why moonfire is so high on dog dmg taken and it shouldnt be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapezilla View Post
    Stop using SotF. It's shit. It has always been and will always be shit (unless it gets buffed/inc gets nerfed). Our dmg is too bursty for Inc to not be the default best talent, regardless of fight duration.

That being said, here's what I do:

Gruul, Org, Thogar, Furnace, Kromog, Blackhand - Euph
    Hanszok, Beastlord, Flame, Maidens - BoP

If you're just gonna pad scum it for big ranks, take BoP on Furnace.
    Flame if your guild is good enough to kill the boss before 2nd firestorm, take Euph instead.
    Beastlord if you aren't the only moonkin/shadow priest in your raid, give up hope of getting any reasonably good parse. Or offer to suck off your gm to let you solo pad on pack beasts.
    Kromog regardless of talents requires some scum-fuckery by means of using CDs on hands. Also if you have an UH dk/warrior in the raid give up hope of doing good hand dmg anyway.
    Thogar its possible to pull a good rank regardless of comp but you'll find the highest parses are generally cleave-lite raid comps with atrociously long kill times (aka tons more adds than good guilds with short kill times)

Godspeed may the pad be with you
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2015-04-21 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    looking at your ranks you need to ask yourself other stuff than wich talent you should be using

ranking on bosses like thogar darmac and kromog is very comp dependant, ranking on gruul depends alot on kill time, trinket procs timing and managing your cooldowns in correlation to said trinket procs

Deleted
    single target depends on kill time and aoe on how long you can aoe, ranking as moonkin is frustrating on single target if you are in bad guild becasue boss dies slow and ranking on aoe is frustrating in good guild becasue adds die before 1 starfall is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    This is what i normally do

Grull SotF/Euph

Oregonger Inc/Euph

Furnace. Inc/Euph

Darmac Inc/Euph

Tho'gar Inc/Euph

Maidens Inc/ BoP

Hans Inc/Euph

Flamebender Inc/Euph

Kromog Inc/Euph

Blackhand Inc/Euph

I heard that some people wanted to use BoP on Darmac. So i was just wondering how you guys do it, which what changes.

I even see people who uses blackhand trinket that they got from cache for fights where they rely a lot on starfall.
    Personally I prefer BoP on flamebender, and well seem to be performing closer to the other boomie (who is better than me) than on other fights.
    as for BoP on Darmac, it just seems like you would have so much issues being in solar phase for the adds for sunfire, also having to refresh dots when he jumps on pet all the time seems like a huge loss of dps, can't really see it being good. Gruul I expect incarnation to be closer in the near future, when the time gets closer to 3 min and 40-50 sec rather than 4min +
    as for thogar I actually enjoyed trying out BoP there, nothing special when it comes to results though.

as for blackhand I feel like I want to try out BoP, as there feels like you can gain a lot of dps by having stacked up quite some duration on both dots during p1-p2, also increased balcony dps, especially with CA up, as for getting a kill it helps having stronger dots, currently have to reprogress BF though before I can get back to BH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balcony dps isn't an issue on BH at all. Any boomkin should be capable of solo'ing the balconies, if you can't you're just bad. BOP isn't even an option there.

@op now ranks @ beastlord etc are all cheese. The only logs beating me are where pack beasts are kept away from the boss while only 1 balance druid aoe's them all fight. When I got my rank 1 it was legit, I used bop, and it was all effective damage on beasts, spears and boss. Now it isn't about playing well, its about cheesing hardest. As other have said, when that is the case the talents you choose is likely less important than the raid comp or the strat you use.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    flamebender with bop is also abusing fact that dogs still take dmg from dots when they are already killed for x extra seconds ( don't know number), thats why moonfire is so high on dog dmg taken and it shouldnt be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emodrulle View Post
    looking at your ranks you need to ask yourself other stuff than wich talent you should be using

ranking on bosses like thogar darmac and kromog is very comp dependant, ranking on gruul depends alot on kill time, trinket procs timing and managing your cooldowns in correlation to said trinket procs
    my current logs are shit cuz guild shit. try to play with locks who goes in melee for just aoe spam and warriors for charges add pack on darmac just for bladestorm at the start of an encounter.

and try to have people with these thing in mind on every single encounter .

i swapped guild. so my point stands. i should not look onto other things than talents as i believe i'll get to play with "normal" people now.

Deleted
    my current logs are shit cuz guild shit. try to play with locks who goes in melee for just aoe spam and warriors for charges add pack on darmac just for bladestorm at the start of an encounter.

and try to have people with these thing in mind on every single encounter .

i swapped guild. so my point stands. i should not look onto other things than talents as i believe i'll get to play with "normal" people now.
    it wasnt directed to you it was more people in general need to take other things into consideration other than just talents to rank, but okey i´ll mention some things that make me think you have other things to sort out first, you still seem to think starfall snapshots. second you dont understand the difference in prepotting before you press incarnation or prepotting after the incarnation gcd is over and right b4 you precast

if you just say your logs are shit cause your guild is shit then you will never improve

Ranking at this point is going to be all about cheese. Also ranking will be difficult due to the starfall nerf for AoE fights.

Worry more about getting the kill and less about the ranks.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    Ranking at this point is going to be all about cheese. Also ranking will be difficult due to the starfall nerf for AoE fights.

Worry more about getting the kill and less about the ranks.
    shouldn't be that much of an issue, starfall was only nerfed by 16% which means its almost made up for by ilvl at this point and starfall isn't our only spell, though the difference is everyone else's aoe dps has sky rocketed, thus the adds is rarely alive long enough, boomie has a lot of sustained aoe, but some ramp up with sunfire duration and starfall lasting 10 sec, 3 gcds for aoe, but if you only get 8 sec out of it, you don't get much extra dps from it, 20 seconds on the other hand.

Stop using SotF. It's shit. It has always been and will always be shit (unless it gets buffed/inc gets nerfed). Our dmg is too bursty for Inc to not be the default best talent, regardless of fight duration.

Flame if your guild is good enough to kill the boss before 2nd firestorm, take Euph instead.
    Beastlord if you aren't the only moonkin/shadow priest in your raid, give up hope of getting any reasonably good parse. Or offer to suck off your gm to let you solo pad on pack beasts.
    Kromog regardless of talents requires some scum-fuckery by means of using CDs on hands. Also if you have an UH dk/warrior in the raid give up hope of doing good hand dmg anyway.
    Thogar its possible to pull a good rank regardless of comp but you'll find the highest parses are generally cleave-lite raid comps with atrociously long kill times (aka tons more adds than good guilds with short kill times)

Deleted
    i´ll mention some things that make me think you have other things to sort out first, you still seem to think starfall snapshots. second you dont understand the difference in prepotting before you press incarnation or prepotting after the incarnation gcd is over and right b4 you precast

if you just say your logs are shit cause your guild is shit then you will never improve
    lets try again

"still seem to think starfall snapshots"

been ages ago that i realized it wasnt, are you stuck in last patch or something

"you dont understand the difference in prepotting"

for like 2 weeks ago all pots + incs are at the same time.

"if you say your logs are shit cause your guild is shit"

it was shit. try look again the critchick - sylvanas is a ilvl 636 boomie or something like that, a guy renamed it to mine after i left the realm lol.

instead of talking bs. and just look at previous post you should seriously look into it, rather than still type "seems like".

- - - Updated - - -

finally someone who actually types something worth.

thanks. yes there were few others above but yeah. thanks for this.

Why BoP on Hanz? Does the upstairs target take damage all the while? Id have to imagine so.

Deleted
    Getting the good ranks this tier as a boomkin is all about being allowed to solo aoe or be in an aoe light comp for bosses like Tho'gar, Kromog, Beastlord.

Also if your guild drops a healer down to 3 for flamebender watch as you kill it just as the 2nd wolves spawn =( Yes i am quite salty that my guild killed it that fast this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    Why BoP on Hanz? Does the upstairs target take damage all the while? Id have to imagine so.
    i guess it has to do something with the amount of movement aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    Getting the good ranks this tier as a boomkin is all about being allowed to solo aoe or be in an aoe light comp for bosses like Tho'gar, Kromog, Beastlord.

Also if your guild drops a healer down to 3 for flamebender watch as you kill it just as the 2nd wolves spawn =( Yes i am quite salty that my guild killed it that fast this week.
    is griepen salty too :P ?

Nah seriously, for gruul, SotF is much more consistent than Incarnation, I believe Incarnation would pull ahead the closer to 3.30 you get though, even though incarnation has a very high potential when RNJesus answer your prayers, you only have one shot pr week to actually get a good try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    he does, though you need to refresh the dots quite often, but if you manage to keep your dots high enough until he start jumping up, you can also cast starfires at him if you start your cast before he jumps up.

Tried it myself, because some logic tells me that BoP has potential to be the best for 2-target fights, but tbh it's too much movement for BoP to be any good for that fight, also the boss is off the platform for too long, so personally I have no chance of keeping both dots on the target.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-04-21 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Gapezilla's post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Nah seriously, for gruul, SotF is better than incarnation, as long as the fight is not 5-15sec+ below the 4 minute mark.

- - - Updated - - -

he does, though you need to refresh the dots quite often, but if you manage to keep your dots high enough until he start jumping up, you can also cast starfires at him if you start your cast before he jumps up.

Tried it myself, because some logic tells me that BoP has potential to be the best for 2-target fights, but tbh it's too much movement for BoP to be any good for that fight, also the boss is off the platform for too long, so personally I have no chance of keeping both dots on the target.
    I was thinking the same then I realised how op trinkets are in foundry, they will always dobule proc on start and on bl it is worth to have 20 seconds of trinkets with Incarnation instead of Soft.

Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    I was thinking the same then I realised how op trinkets are in foundry, they will always dobule proc on start and on bl it is worth to have 20 seconds of trinkets with Incarnation instead of Soft.
    I am fully aware of how trinkets work, and really it does not help your case, as both theoretical and live logs support my claim, and also SotF gets ahead further the longer the fight is, while it's kinda irrelevant for this thread as it's for ranking.
    While incarnation is competing, sotf seems more consistent also, especially as most of the ranks tends to be closer to 4 min and 20-30 seconds, rather than the 4 minute mark where the choice of talent is less important than RNG.

Deleted
    lets try again

"still seem to think starfall snapshots"

been ages ago that i realized it wasnt, are you stuck in last patch or something

"you dont understand the difference in prepotting"

for like 2 weeks ago all pots + incs are at the same time.

"if you say your logs are shit cause your guild is shit"

it was shit. try look again the critchick - sylvanas is a ilvl 636 boomie or something like that, a guy renamed it to mine after i left the realm lol.

instead of talking bs. and just look at previous post you should seriously look into it, rather than still type "seems like".

- - - Updated - - -

finally someone who actually types something worth.

thanks. yes there were few others above but yeah. thanks for this.
    Rofl, i actually read your halcyon Apply ( wich was hilarious) that u made this month where u still Said starfall snapshots.

The fact that you dont realise the prepotting at the end of inc gcd blows my mind. And you are clearly lying the critchick on sylvanas was you before you migrated and it showed on wc logs as 690-698 ilvl depending on log dates. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...628459/latest/

You dont seem too mentally stable
    Last edited by mmoc49d3e72c2e; 2015-04-21 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    Rofl, i actually read your halcyon Apply ( wich was hilarious) that u made this month where u still Said starfall snapshots.

The fact that you dont realise the prepotting at the end of inc gcd blows my mind. And you are clearly lying the critchick on sylvanas was you before you migrated and it showed on wc logs as 690-698 ilvl depending on log dates. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...628459/latest/

You dont seem too mentally stable
    holy cow your stupid as fk. your comment just there proves my point where i stated that the current critchick isn't me.

so where is the lie?

this month is 21 days old by now and i cleairly stated above that i kinda changed my playstyle 2 weeks ago. seems like i moved on while your still stuck there.

and just for spell it to you 2 weeks is 14 days - 21 = 7 days difference. and the application was made 31 march so 8 days difference.

so please go somewhere else if you have nothing relevant to comment to the OP post.

and incase you really wonder, i stopped beliving in snapshotting of starfall once xtramuscle or Vexxe stated it. I believe it snapshotted after reading lappe mention it, which i never checked out myself. and later on i went back to the same thread where i read as it, and he actually wrote it but by not exactly confirming it, was more that others replied to it as "oh so it snapshots?" which i guess made me conclude that it would do. Since you love looking around then feel free to find it.

so anything else you want to comment on or are you just going to remain butthurt? pls move on in any case.
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2015-04-21 at 12:47 PM.