10+ Year Old Account

Is anyone else not getting weapon enhancements?

Hi I'm currently struggling to level up my follower's weapons because I never seem to get weapon enhancements from missions or the salvage yard. However I keep getting armor enhancements so much so that all of my 20 active followers have 675 item level armor. So is RNGesus just screwing me or are weapon enhancements just rarer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I'm experienceing the same thing. It's not just you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

All of my alts seem to get a lot more of one type over the other, it's not a purely armor glut though. And alts with level 100 followers that have no upgrades (base 600) only get 615 weapon token missions, no 615 armor missions at all. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    Hi I'm currently struggling to level up my follower's weapons because I never seem to get weapon enhancements from missions or the salvage yard. However I keep getting armor enhancements so much so that all of my 20 active followers have 675 item level armor. So is RNGesus just screwing me or are weapon enhancements just rarer?

Weapon enhancements have always been in shorter supply than armor since the beginning. The easiest way for you to alleviate this is to have a level 3 warmill and choose weapon during the daily.

Its RNG. I have 11 alts, fully functional garrisons, some are short on armor enhancements, others weapons, and some have adequate of both.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Its RNG. I have 11 alts, fully functional garrisons, some are short on armor enhancements, others weapons, and some have adequate of both.
    This.
    Also, make sure to have both level 3 salvage yards and level 3 war mills and do lots of missions, even the xp ones that you can 100% them so you get more salvage crates.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just RNG. Weapons upgrades actually have a much lower drop rate than armor ones, across all quality levels.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes turning in the daily in the dwarven bunker a no brainer though, I just go for weapon enhancements all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's not just RNG. Weapons upgrades actually have a much lower drop rate than armor ones, across all quality levels.
    I'm not saying I doubt this; but, please show me some evidence that this is true.

I luckily geared all of my followers months ago, but I've been leveling a few now and I keep getting Armor tokens (few epic and like 6 superior quality) from missions while I've only only gotten one superior quality weapon in that same time. I am talking about the actual 'armor token' though not the +3/6/9 upgrade tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying I doubt this; but, please show me some evidence that this is true.
    You can check the drop rates on database site for the two for all the levels of salvage crates and compare.

http://www.wowdb.com/items/114116-bag-of-salvaged-goods

It seems it might have been adjusted in a more recent patch, since the difference is much smaller than it used to be. I want to say the disparity before was something like the armor tokens were 100% more common.

Simca shared the data once and it was interesting (and confirmed my own anecdotal experience).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's not that I do not get any weapon upgrades but on eight chars with level three garrison and bunker I get alot more armour upgrades than weapon upgrades.
    All of my 160+ followers have max level armour, but not even half of them have weapons maxed out.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Funny, since I noticed this thread, the RNG of the weapon vs armor drops I've gotten seem to have balanced out a bit. (I also, anecdotally, seemed to see more armor vs weapon drops)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    Weapon enhancements have always been in shorter supply than armor since the beginning. The easiest way for you to alleviate this is to have a level 3 warmill and choose weapon during the daily.
    Pretty much this.

I have 12 100's all with Bunkers/War Mills, and maybe one has had fluky RNG that has had more weapon tokens than armor ones, but the rest I pretty much just get the weapon upgrades to offset the usual RNG.

The flip side is that when I was leveling them up, it was easy to get the 615 weapon tokens, but I couldn't get a damn 615 armor token. So many 615/600 followers until they were high enough to build a level 2 bunker/war mill.

I am in the same situation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I have 12 100's all with Bunkers/War Mills, and maybe one has had fluky RNG that has had more weapon tokens than armor ones, but the rest I pretty much just get the weapon upgrades to offset the usual RNG.
    Same. 11/12 have more armor upgrades than weapon upgrades. Only my warrior seems to be getting an abundance of good weapon rng.

I get a lot more armor upgrades than weapon upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Still kinda odd, my Shaman gets a lot more weapon upgrades than armor. Might just be random tho.