Nat Pagle in this deck or?

Hello! I'm a very casual player, just reached rank 15 from a couple of winning streaks. Currently doing a "control" warrior deck. I have spend 0 money on the game, and don't have alot of dust at the moment.

So wondering, should I use Nat Pagle or disenchant him, I do need Shield Slam and many other things.

http://imgur.com/mvr45Ub

If so, what should I drop? I actually don't want to drop any minions since I dont have that much to play around with. Or is there anything I should do with the deck?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2015-04-19 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    I would recommend against nat pagel; it hasn't been a very good card after it was nerfed. Your deck already has the acolytes and shield block, plus one slam & azure drake, and even that is already pretty excessive. By comparison, my control warrior only runs the first two. The patron decks run a lot more simply because they need a way to quickly draw into their combo.

Shield slams are a real stable of the control warrior, with a lot of synergy with shieldmaiden and -blocks, and also the primary removal along with execute. So with that in mind, I would aim to get two of them, add another shieldmaiden and consider changing arcanite reapers for death's bite; a superior weapon in a lot of ways, and functions as an activator for acolytes and grommash, once you get a hold of him.

Last but not least, I would aim to replace leper gnomes with armorsmiths.
    Still not quite the deck I would run but those are the essential recommendations I would make, or at least work towards when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I would recommend against nat pagel; it hasn't been a very good card after it was nerfed. Your deck already has the acolytes and shield block, plus one slam & azure drake, and even that is already pretty excessive. By comparison, my control warrior only runs the first two. The patron decks run a lot more simply because they need a way to quickly draw into their combo.

Shield slams are a real stable of the control warrior, with a lot of synergy with shieldmaiden and -blocks, and also the primary removal along with execute. So with that in mind, I would aim to get two of them, add another shieldmaiden and consider changing arcanite reapers for death's bite; a superior weapon in a lot of ways, and functions as an activator for acolytes and grommash, once you get a hold of him.

Still not quite the deck I would run but those are the essential recommendations I would make, or at least work towards when you can.
    Thank you! Yeah, I figured this too. Will get some dust from him so I can get some Armorsmiths aswell.

edit: Well I manage to get one Shield Slam and one armorsmith from him hehe
    Last edited by Tyze; 2015-04-19 at 11:06 PM.

You should never use Nat Pagle, he is a pretty bad legendary for the meta. Only time you should ever see him is from a shredder.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Well I manage to get one Shield Slam and one armorsmith from him hehe
    It's a place to start

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You should never use Nat Pagle, he is a pretty bad legendary for the meta. Only time you should ever see him is from a shredder.
    Too bad, I'll continue to use mine just because it's the only golden legendary I've gotten D:

But I don't use him in serious decks. He isn't that great. It is fun though to drop him and then Coghammer.

You have plenty of draw in your current deck IMO.

P.S. Pagle is NOT a bad card. But not really suited to this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post

Pretty much what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You have plenty of draw in your current deck IMO.

P.S. Pagle is NOT a bad card. But not really suited to this deck.

Pretty much what he said.
    Since his change to only have a chance to draw instead of guaranteed, there's no reason to take Pagle over an Acolyte of Pain. You usually end up getting at least 2 draws with an Acolyte, and it can actually hit something in a pinch
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Since his change to only have a chance to draw instead of guaranteed, there's no reason to take Pagle over an Acolyte of Pain. You usually end up getting at least 2 draws with an Acolyte, and it can actually hit something in a pinch
    Pagle's only 2 mana and has a substantial body, so he has some use in decks specifically designed to exploit that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pagle's only 2 mana and has a substantial body, so he has some use in decks specifically designed to exploit that.
    That... and he is a must have in any randuin deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Nat Pagle generally considered a bad card?
    It's got the stats of a Shieldbearer minus the Taunt for one more mana, sure, and his effect may never occur in a match.
    But:
    -His relatively high health may be exploited (Nat + Inner Fire becomes 4/4)
    -He's a nuisance for your opponent in any case (What is your opponent gonna do? Just pretend Nat isn't there and take the risk, or put him off before it draws you 8 bonus cards across 8 turns?)
    -I was under the impression that 1 card=1 mana. If so, doesn't he repay himself after drawing 2 cards (assuming he does)? 0/4 body + 2 cards seems decent for 2 mana. Random is random, but so your Ragnaros could always hit the enemy's 1/1 Murloc. Are you not gonna play Ragnaros because of that?

From experience I can say that there's nothing more frustrating than a Nat Pagle that your opponent manages to successfully shield for multiple rounds, and your removal just won't draw or is too important to save for something else.

Doesn't often happen, but when it does... rageface.

Always wanted to run him in a shaman deck. Decent health for 2 mana, get the healing totem and flametongue going might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Always wanted to run him in a shaman deck. Decent health for 2 mana, get the healing totem and flametongue going might be nice.
    I'd prefer a mana tide totem on a shaman, not as good stat/cost wise but the draw is guaranteed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Too bad, I'll continue to use mine just because it's the only golden legendary I've gotten D:

But I don't use him in serious decks. He isn't that great. It is fun though to drop him and then Coghammer.
    DE him for 1600 dust and get a good legendary. Dr boom for example.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    DE him for 1600 dust and get a good legendary. Dr boom for example.
    I have Dr. Boom, I have most good legendaries I need for my decks. I'd rather just keep him just because of the golden factor at that point.

Deleted
    Nat Pagle is to unreliable, there are better ways of card draw.