Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch or Regrowth?

See topic.
    Healing Touch is a lot more healing (if it crits) but Regrowth has the guaranteed crit + Living Seed proc.

Thx in advance!

You can just look at the values in-game, last I checked Regrowth is just plain better even without living seed.
    Last edited by Xs; 2015-04-20 at 12:09 AM.

Well, i've checked the numbers just now and thats what they're for me completely unbuffed:

Normal casts:
    Regrowth: 36315 (crit) + Living Seed: 18157 = 54472 Total
    Healing Touch: 29497 (60173 crit)

With Nature's Swiftness:
    Regrowth: 54473 (crit) + Living Seed: 27236 = 81709 Total
    Healing Touch: 44247 (90261 crit)

My crit % is 7.15%.

So according to that, wouldn't Nature's Swiftness + Regrowth be better for emergency healing?

Edit: Oh, nice ninja edit there, Xs :P
    I'm sure you said Healing Touch before... tsk tsk

10+ Year Old Account
    Always NS+Regrowth. Back when HT was our big heal, yea, you could HT, but now that HT is our efficient heal, and Regrowth is our throughput heal. So, always always NS+Regrowth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    He did :P
    /char

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Well, i've checked the numbers just now and thats what they're for me completely unbuffed:

Normal casts:
    Regrowth: 36315 (crit) + Living Seed: 18157 = 54472 Total
    Healing Touch: 29497 (60173 crit)

With Nature's Swiftness:
    Regrowth: 54473 (crit) + Living Seed: 27236 = 81709 Total
    Healing Touch: 44247 (90261 crit)

My crit % is 7.15%.

So according to that, wouldn't Nature's Swiftness + Regrowth be better for emergency healing?

Edit: Oh, nice ninja edit there, Xs :P

Why didn't you include living seed in your HT crit calculations? Also, I'm not sure when the last time you looked at your living seed overheal, but I don't see it as a very effective use.

I know you can't rely on a crit, but we have an "O K" crit chance and I would prefer that additional burst heal in an "oh shit"-type moment.

I recommend HT still, but it's a preference.
    Last edited by Arcursis; 2015-04-20 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcursis View Post
    Why didn't you include living seed in your HT crit calculations? Also, I'm not sure when the last time you looked at your living seed overheal, but I don't see it as a very effective use.

I know you can't rely on a crit, but we have an "O K" crit chance and I would prefer that additional burst heal in an "oh shit"-type moment.

I recommend HT still, but it's a preference.
    for that "oh shit" -type moment, reliability is way more important than a higher throughput, mostly you can and should argue that regrowth is also better for overall healing until you reach a certain crit value (above 40%, this can be reached easier if you target a LB target 20%+ crit on HT.)

also knowing exactly how much your heal is going to heal is quite valuable.
    Additonally I've had too many instances where you pop NS + HT, and you can't even notice the tanks HP moving, half a second later you have to cast a rebirth rather than regrowth on him.
    perhaps it can somehow be better on a NPC with LB on him (think dreamwalker, or w/e)

Kinda unimportant, but in case you also have SotF active, tank is dropping to 10% and you regrowth him, he pops up 200-300k hp, which is a lot safer than that 45k you get with a HT.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-04-20 at 06:51 PM.

As far as I'm aware, regrowth is more healing. With the guaranteed crit, plus the bonus of living seed. I'd gladly take guaranteed crit Regrowth over a chance (a small chance considering my lack of any crit gear) with HT.

if you have your tier then use 1 regrowth 2 HT so that your next wild growth is cheaper. If you don't have mana issues and just want throughput then you can really do either but regrowth will come out ahead with living seed (just make sure whoever you are regrowthing is going to get hit so the seed actually goes off and don't use 2 regrowths on the same target twice).