Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of these example are just plain silly, but i do agree that starting zones could use a bit of a shake-up, and if sub-races were to be implemented such as (dark-iron or wildhammer) perhaps their starting zones could be in a gated/instanced blackrock depths for dark-irons, or somewhere in blasted lands?
    Wildhammers could either have a start in twilight highlands, wetlands or hinterlands for a bit of story telling, could be cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Murlocs to be a playable race in WoW.

However in order to enjoy a new race or new subraces or reskinns and such the game needs to be fun again. There is no use for a beautiful race when noone is playing it.

The way they handled WOD was a very bad design. It feels like wod ist still in beta and the devs haven't made up their minds about stuff just yet.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2015-04-21 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I want Murlocs to be a playable race in WoW.

However in order to enjoy a new race or new subraces or reskinns and such the game needs to be fun again. There is no use for a beautiful race when noone is playing it.

The way they handled WOD was a very bad design. It feels like wod ist still in beta and the devs haven't made up their minds about stuff just yet.
    Aah, the long dream of having a playable murloc race since Vanilla. Too bad it will always be a dream
    I'd like to see some new modern murloc models though, if anything was done right in WoD it was definitely the art and the models of older NPCs and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What I would *Love* for the next expansion: New "Races" using the same models as old ones. They wouldn't be called "subraces" because they'd have their own starting zones.

-------

Model updates: Worgen and Goblin

ALLIANCE:
    Kul Tiras Human
    Gilnean Human
    Quel'Dorei (purple-pink skinned Night Elf)
    Dark Iron Dwarf
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Wood Gnome (Sneaky, woodland gnomes who have been in hiding this whole time)
    High Elf (Blood Elf with pinker/purple skin, Dalaran accent)
    Arugal Worgen (Lighter colors, less top-hats. These guys have been Worgen for a *long* time...)

HORDE:
    Dragonmaw Orc
    Draenor (Brown-skinned) Orc
    Forest Troll
    Sand Troll
    Grimtotem Tauren
    Forsaken Blood Elf
    Man'Ari (Red Draenei; redemption story could be perfect for the Horde)
    Gilgoblin (Or Steamwheedle, if they wanna be less adventurous with the new skins)
    This is what I'd love..they'll be called Minor Races:
    Next expansion will release some with more to come every patch.
    You can quest in game to unlock them - which ivolves going with your faction too and doing quest chain with daily hubs, that builds progress ala Firelands style, probably take you about 6 weeks or something but
    You can race change to them for a fee.
    You can unlock a full race pack for a fee. without doing the quest.

Once unlocked you can start a new toon of the minor race you've initiated into the faction.
    Most, but not all race has a starting zone that's a phased version of an existing there are no new designed zones for them AT ALL.
    Each minor race has a class selection. it's a limited one btw
    Each minor race has it's own racials, they are largely some combo of the major races, the occasional unique one.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    Quel'dorei and high elves are the same thing, and why would high elves be pink/purple?
    Quel'dorei is what the Night Elves of Dire Maul call themselves.
    Quel'dorei is what the High Elves of Quel'thalas call themselves.

So no, not the same time.

Deleted
    So you want the devs to waste their time doing ... new starting zones basically? And 16 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Racials are enough of a mess already, without introducing more.
    So those would likely remain the same.
    So that means starting content which is only relevant until approximately level 10 on a given character, and then being another cosmetic choice.
    In my opinion it isn't worth the work.
    An interesting note is that they could mix-and-match racials from the other faction. Most obviously, High Elves would have Arcane Torrent, but what about Dark Irons with Thunder Stomp? Good luck with finding an equivalent to Cannibalize, but I think they could pull it off. Finally we wouldn't be able to complain about racials, because each side has the same choices, with very different themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I HIGHLY disagree with implementing leveling zones for all those 16 new races (if i understand OP correctly).

HUGE amount of resources and time wasted on something really irrelevant to end-game.
    Honestly, the "new" starting experiences wouldn't be very resource intensive. The Worgen/Goblin/Pandaren zones are *intense*, and the Draenei/Blood Elf starting zones are pretty awesome, but I think there's a pretty significant difference between races (versus subraces) getting their own 1-12 starting experiences. If you added Jinyu as a playable race, you'd obviously need to create a new island off the coast of Pandaria, with impressive cutscenes and dialogue. But Wildhammer Dwarves still call Ironforge home, thanks to the Council of Three Hammers. Meaning, all each of these races *really* needs is a new voice-over land-scroll introduction thingy, and a few new quests from 1-5 in an existing starting zone. From there they can just blend into, for example, Razor Hill for an orcish subrace, or Bloodhoof Village for a tauren subrace. The new quests from 1-5 would just give a quick introduction as to why you are where you are as whatever you are, for example a Gilnean refugee finding salvation in Northshire.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2015-04-22 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What I would *Love* for the next expansion: New "Races" using the same models as old ones. They wouldn't be called "subraces" because they'd have their own starting zones.
    That'd be a LOT of new starting zones for few levels and uncertainty that enough players would even go through them. (Level boost and race change).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Quel'dorei is what the Night Elves of Dire Maul call themselves.
    Quel'dorei is what the High Elves of Quel'thalas call themselves.

So no, not the same time.
    Quel'dorei literally means High elves in elf language
    Kaldorei are the night elves
    And Sin'Dorei are the blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Quel'dorei literally means High elves in elf language
    Kaldorei are the night elves
    And Sin'Dorei are the blood elves
    The highborne night elves are what I was talking about when I said Quel'Dorei, simply because that's the only thing we hear them called in-game (Using models of night elves *and* high elves). There's a race between the races, that's really all I was trying to get at. <3

Deleted
    I'd rather they didn't waste time on any starting zone concept and just added sub-races to the barber shop make it cost a quite a bit of gold. If they really wanted to they could make them achievement based so you have to actually complete certain zones or quests to unlock the skin.

I get the feeling they would just let it be a free for all in case the casuals moan its too much work to complete a few quests to look like a Wildhammer dwarf.