Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh Seahnjin, I agree I absolutely love facial expressions specially during combat they're so troll like and so awesome.

But I figured out that he should look more stern than pissed when running. Or at least keep mouth closed, though it's not as bad as during walking animation, that is something I can't wrap my head around.

With the swimming animation, I suppose it was meant to picture that he is holding breath in his cheecks, here is compilation of all "swiming faces" :

I think Tauren is hands down the goofiest :P
    Gnome male suffers the same case as dwarf male- they swim with open mouths, which is very weird, I haven't checked undead, becuase I couldn't notice them on character screen, but those race/gender combos that were not included didn't made any "funny" face during swimming.

although as you see troll female has quite nice "golden middle" option, she makes different expression but it isn't exaggerated.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    But how can it be big when we've already established Trolls are stick thin ? GET REAL
    I figure you're joking but come on... sure they're stick thin now but for nearly this entire thread all I've been doing is point out how they didn't use to be THAT thin xD

A tad more shape to the glutes shouldn't go amiss... hell they've been roiding up the draenei male like crazy anyway :P

Yesterday night I played a Troll mage on my Starter Edition account a bit because I was starting to miss dat Troll goodness.
    I have so many troll alts because of this... but the flaws with their model has kept me from continuing this with my most recent alt. Would like to see some of the issues addressed before I level up a new one, for now I have my fully geared up mains to partially hide the model's issues.

And oh my god, those facial expressions. I guess the fact that my mage has Face #2 in the swimming screenshots (later changed to Face #5, because I like the yellow eyes and the warpaint conveniently hides all the wrinkles) didn't make things any better. I suppose I have no real point here, but just enjoy my mage being SUPER PISSED when walking, jumping and fighting (that last one is justified, but otherwise I think he's just pissed because of his super stiff braid tbh)

Unless he's swimming, then he's just fuckin' blazed :
    (I should take new swimming screenshots with Face #5)

But yeah. I can't get over that jumping face.

EDIT : naw man nevermind, he still looks fuckin' stoned with Face #5. And what's up with his lip being so high over the left tusk anyway ?

You're still just amusing the heck out of me... There's two things I notice the most here... For one, it's weird how suddenly visible his eyes are during that swimming expression though... Usually I can't really see it that well.

Also notice how his lower lip clips into the tusks on the right (our left) side...

If i was any good at editing I'd totes put a joint in that lip-gap you mentioned over the tusk...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Oh Seahnjin, I agree I absolutely love facial expressions specially during combat they're so troll like and so awesome.

although as you see troll female has quite nice "golden middle" option, she makes different expression but it isn't exaggerated.
    As I mentioned the thread could use more positive feedback and as such I really want to emphasize the above... Indeed, the combat facial expressions can probably be officially deemed a success, esp. with how well it shows off their new lovely fangs <3 if only they had clearer eyecolours to accentuate dat glare.

But I figured out that he should look more stern than pissed when running. Or at least keep mouth closed, though it's not as bad as during walking animation, that is something I can't wrap my head around.
    Frikking this, it just doesn't make any sense!
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-05-02 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    The walking face didn't bother me as much, he does look annoyed, but not as much as the running face where he looks like he's about to fly off into a murderous rage.

For reference, here's level 7 Troll mage extraordinaire Reahm'on being annoyed at the interior design of the Razorhill inn :

And here's him running, in which he just looks like he would like nothing more than to Pyroblast the innkeeper :

As for positive feedback : I agree the combat face is good and fitting. I just posted it along the running and jumping faces because I thought it made for a great picture of Troll Dude Being Unreasonably Pissed At Things.
    Also, speaking of faces : they made all the faces more appealing IMO, for both males and females. My only regret here is male Troll Face #1, which used to look youthful and playful and is now just as fucking pissed/stoned as the rest of them.

And I, for one, like the bouncy run.

Edit : and those swimming faces are hilarious, I hadn't noticed. Outside of context, they all look like they're going to puke. Draenei male and NE male are particularly hilarious.
    Last edited by mmoc28280ad8ec; 2015-05-02 at 04:11 PM.

Their walking face would be fine if they could just close their mouths, or at least keep it still if they're going to have it open... though that'd look silly too, I mean just look at the Tauren female when she's just standing around.

I agree that they need at least one face to give more of a youthful and friendly/neutral/"impish" feel (so does the Orc male)... Additionally I find it weird too that most of their animations keeps making them so pissed off or grumpy at all times, even when he's waving he's snarling! Which is kind of jarring when you listen to their voice emotes during /hello or /bye, which were always jovial and relaxed... One of their 'goodbye lines' is even a quippy, mischievous "Smell ya latah!". Waving casually to someone with a snarl and a death-stare seems odd any way you slice it.

15+ Year Old Account
    EDIT : naw man nevermind, he still looks fuckin' stoned with Face #5. And what's up with his lip being so high over the left tusk anyway ?

The left tusk is clipping through his lip there because it's so high on the left and the tusks don't move. I'm sure it was meant to be cute, like he was puffing out one cheek more than the other but with all the work they said they put in to mold the lips around the tusks, stuff like this stands out.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    The left tusk is clipping through his lip there because it's so high on the left and the tusks don't move. I'm sure it was meant to be cute, like he was puffing out one cheek more than the other but with all the work they said they put in to mold the lips around the tusks, stuff like this stands out.
    Actually in some cases their tusks do move, I see it a lot on the "mammoth" type tusks especially... Though you might have meant in regards to this particular animation... That said the solution here would obviously not have been to change the tusks, as they're supposed to be rigidly positioned in their skulls, not move around with their lips like the orc tusks do at times x) But otherwise you're right, it's peculiar that this was an oversight when it's such a massively exaggerated expression that's been animated... it also seems kind of redundant, plenty of water's gonna slip inside that gap there!

I'll include this bug in OP.

But fo rnow I prepared edit for jungle flower hairstyle, some peole including me found this hairstile to be not very tempting to use becuase it felt weirdly bald. So I made a quite edit how to make it look appealing, since it's the only one from new hairstyles that I feel wasn't translated in appealing way unlike the others.

Though I kinda see reference to some african hairstyles, but I believe with additional hair this hairstyle would look really cool to majority of players.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-02 at 05:42 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I'll include this bug in OP.

But fo rnow I prepared edit for jungle flower hairstyle, some peole including me found this hairstile to be not very tempting to use becuase it felt weirdly bald. So I made a quite edit how to make it look appealing, since it's the only one from new hairstyles that I feel wasn't translated in appealing way unlike the others.

Though I kinda see reference to some african hairstyles, but I believe with additional hair this hairstyle would look really cool to majority of players.
    More to the point it's also a lot closer to the original hairstyle! I managed to cook up some screenshots of the hairstyle on the old model:

Obviously your edit is far more faithful than it is in either live or the 6.2 PTR
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-05-02 at 06:11 PM.

Ok, I icluded said hairstyle in OP. I also wonder if I should incluse something else aswell. I'm starting to loose track what should be there and what I forgot to add. OP is already breaking apart from overdose of picture, text and links xD

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm I figured out that I'll post for interested that for "Lushful hairstye" my inspiration was Shakira's hairstyle from Lo Hecho esta Hecho videoclip:

As for animations, I think that dream "disengage" move would be also from this clip : https://youtu.be/N31b8DrmzVM?t=148

I'm also posting some cappoeira acrobatics, maybe you'll find some moves to be great for something specific, it would be good to keep females in mind aswell:

And again speaking of females, maybe just for fun we will re-design some melee animations? Got something interesting in mind? I would try to draw it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

dunno if someone has mentioned it yet but there is a UVW mapping problem with the male troll's belt with certain geosets.

if I was less lazy I would provide pictures =P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    Actually in some cases their tusks do move, I see it a lot on the "mammoth" type tusks especially... Though you might have meant in regards to this particular animation... That said the solution here would obviously not have been to change the tusks, as they're supposed to be rigidly positioned in their skulls, not move around with their lips like the orc tusks do at times x) But otherwise you're right, it's peculiar that this was an oversight when it's such a massively exaggerated expression that's been animated... it also seems kind of redundant, plenty of water's gonna slip inside that gap there!
    Yeah, I meant they're not SUPPOSED to move :P

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    dunno if someone has mentioned it yet but there is a UVW mapping problem with the male troll's belt with certain geosets.

Strange I haven't noticed any issues on my troll male, and I had checked some belts aswell. I'll investigate it further. Is it on live version or PTR?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post

Can you at least name some of the belts that are having issues, so we know a bit better where to look? Or tell us what the issue is? Is it a stretched texture, clipped texture, upside down texture, etc?

Sig by Isilrien

Yeah, I meant they're not SUPPOSED to move :P
    I know, that's why - whilst we were on the topic- I just felt like pointing out that they have animated them so that they do move at times :/

I'll try and provide some screenshots, though it could be considered nitpicking perhaps, it doesn't bother me terrifically but it does look weird when my rogue and shaman's tusks shift during certain animations. More to the point it shouldn't really be happening, as you say.

If anyone wants to go check for themselves (It happens most visibly with the "mammoth" style tusks, perhaps others) then the most obvious sign of their moving is that the width between the tips of the tusks changes quite a bit occasionally, especially if you're dong a profession related action (apart from mining, but they may just move then too for all I know :P), which of course involves the "working" animation.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-05-03 at 09:00 AM.

I just wish troll males could get some recognition, 6.2 is coming close and many issues haven't been resolved since beta. I was very hopefull and good spirited, but it startes to becoming bothering. I really wish that devs could give a reply that at least tehy acknowledge the problems and at least plan to fix it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I know... It's been like, what, close to SEVEN months now? And all they've fixed is giving one haircolour the proper base hair colour and keep their face from bugging out during the /flex animation? I mean, I'm grateful for fixes such as these, though to be honest they shouldn't even have made it past the beta, which I believe they did for a little while... But maybe I'm being a little harsh.

Point is though that those two fixes weren't even the tip of the iceberg... As this entire thread can attest. Even 11 pages in I'm still finding more issues to highlight.

Screenshots and two gif's incoming:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if it happens with many other tusk styles, but regarding the mammoth tusk options here's some screenshots of how much they actually move about:

Front: Left is their default position, the two screenshots to the right show how much they tend to twist around off-angle and how much they bunch together during many animations. The latter "narrowing" effect is the most common between the two:

From above: Here you can see just how many animations that affect the tusks...

And some gifs to show just how bad it gets - notice how the tusks bunch together with each flapping arm movement of the /taunt animation on the gif to the right:

... And there's even more animations where they move that I didn't show. In fact - barring the walking and running animations, thankfully - the only times their tusks don't move or shift positions (or at least do so so little that it's barely noticeable) is during the following animations:

/Flex
    /roar
    /kiss
    /Eat
    /rude
    /beg

This is far from my biggest gripe, but it still puzzles me... These tusks can't possibly move around that much without someone having actually intentionally made them do so. Someone sat down to animate this model and went "lets make these tusks move around as if they're not even attached to his skull"

Oh my god... those gifs.. They showing everything.. I'll include it in OP asap.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-05-03 at 11:19 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Guys... these were never tusks. They're pincers.

[cries] I want those shoulders but they've never dropped for me so I'm just sticking with the purple recolor of the Rogue T2 that drops from HM Keli'dan. Once my DK tank gets 100 I will go to the Isle of Thunder and murder all those Zandalari. They deserve it, anyway. PINKSKINS RULE GREYSKINS DROOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    And some gifs to show just how bad it gets - notice how the tusks bunch together with each flapping arm movement of the /taunt animation on the gif to the right:

... And there's even more animations where they move that I didn't show. In fact - barring the walking and running animations, thankfully - the only times their tusks don't move or shift positions (or at least do so so little that it's barely noticeable) is during the following animations:

/Flex
    /roar
    /kiss
    /Eat
    /rude
    /beg

This is far from my biggest gripe, but it still puzzles me... These tusks can't possibly move around that much without someone having actually intentionally made them do so. Someone sat down to animate this model and went "lets make these tusks move around as if they're not even attached to his skull"
    Well great. Now I'll never unsee those.

Sig by Isilrien

Well great. Now I'll never unsee those.
    Ehh let's hope they'll fix it one day. You can still spam twitter to reach devs, but I'm not sure if it has any impact, and yet I have no other idea how to reach devs. I was thinking about making video with my proposition of troll hairstyles, but I am rookie with 3D modeling.

I am running out of ideas :/
    I miss Mists of Pandaria