Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archimonde trinket for Ele...

...is just utter garbage compared to what other specs are getting.

I know it says "Keep in mind that the procs aren't final" but you just know this one is.

If it has to be FS related I'd rather see a reduced cooldown, a proc to reset cooldown, or even a break from the other shock cd pool.

Or get it off FS all together and give us something relative to LB or LvB.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2015-04-20 at 03:11 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

"Your fire and earth elementals are now pets. Enjoy." lol

Yeah, really disappointed about Blizzard way to handle the Shamans..

Hmm.. seems like blizz try out the double amount of proc in one time spam. They just find it too strong for ele thus double the time and damage is more appropriate. Yeah just imagine that, two flame shock dot in one second affected by haste. We'll be throwing LvB every GCD!

Deleted
    I dunno how it compares to the other trinkets but Binkenstein is calling it decent dps-wise.

https://twitter.com/Binkenstein/stat...67981885669376

Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    I dunno how it compares to the other trinkets but Binkenstein is calling it decent dps-wise.

also increases the damage and duration of the searing Totem.

Wouldnt that be cool?

Just really uninspired and boring. I am getting really tired of it.

Blizz has no idea what they're doing with shaman. News at 11.

I don't see any of the class trinkets from Archimonde actually hitting live, based on the factor that A) Blizzard has historically shown to be untrustworthy when it comes to balancing things such as this and B) The effects for each spec would put the trinket at higher value for some specs other than others in the same class, which feels counterproductive to how Blizzard wishes to orientate their class balance. Healers and tanks would probably get their class trinket first before anyone else, while DPS would be fighting over who gets the most damage improvement.

Only thing that would make these that desirable is if they were part of the tier and you could get the tier bonuses with it.

What I would much rather see is faster tick time instead of longer duration. That would a pretty noticeable improvement in playstyle, while increasing mobility (remember our 4pc is going away). Adding duration will save us GCDs, but flame shock is already extremely easy to keep up.

Increasing flame shock's damage is nice, though, and will interact nicely with EF/unleash.

Deleted
    Anyone done the math on the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Viracocha View Post
    Anyone done the math on the trinket?
    Bink may have. Not sure though.

I think if they were to keep this proc the way it is, it's real value would depend on how many fights in HFC are two target cleave fights. Without actually running any numbers (which it looks like Bink has already done), it would seem to be about a 4% dps increase on a single target, maybe slightly more if you consider having to cast FS only half as much (meh). But when you can apply this to two targets, like twins or hans/franz which every raid seems to end up with at least one fight like this, you get double this increased damage and your shock CDs become more manageable. It is easy to lose shield charges in order to keep FS up on multiple targets, but this will be trivial now as you would only need to FS a target about once a minute. If there is a cleave fight like maidens, this same idea could be applied, but then we do not benefit from the lava surge procs as much because we would rather CL if bosses are grouped, but you can still get the 8% damage increase from keeping FS on two targets. For mass AoE this trinket just sucks, you actually do less damage because you sacrifice the stats of another trinket (at least as far as I understand, the trinkets will not have any raw stats). You may want to keep a 3rd trinket around in case any fights require that you slaughter adds with decent healthpools, to a point where stronger AoE makes up for less FS damage on boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post

This trinket makes EF mandatory to take. A talent which is atleast as bad and uninspired as this trinket.

This is just another case of second class game designing.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2015-05-04 at 05:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

I am legitimately sad that I chose the horrible mistake of continuing to main my shaman on the 13th of november 2014, when I had a hunter, a class that blizzard actually wants to develop, why was I too lazy to buy a realm change.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    I am legitimately sad that I chose the horrible mistake of continuing to main my shaman on the 13th of november 2014, when I had a hunter, a class that blizzard actually wants to develop, why was I too lazy to buy a realm change.
    I wish they'd make reputations account wide at least the old one, I'd drop my shaman in an instant for my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    its ptr so changes can come i mean it is 725 on heroic and when they change it to somethink like this: Lavaburst create on the position of the Lavabursttarget a Lavaeruption and kicks the target(non boss) into the air.

Something like that would be nice maybe without the kick or as a Vulcanic eruption that spews lava for 3 sec 20% chance.
    Change is possible but not necessarily likely. Sadly with Shaman what you usually initially see is what you get. So far all we see is a pretty odd trinket and a nerf to a specc that will already suffer from losing the mobility gained by the current tier set. Apparently they're content to leave elemental in it's current state for PvP also.

Deleted
    With the mythic one your FS will last for nearly 2mn ...

Good now all shamans can have %100 uptime on dot. Also this pretty much trivialize UF usage.

Deleted
    To be correct, Elemental always had 3 joke "DoTs" we've had to maintain or were passive. Molten Earth, Searing Totem and Flame Shock.

Haha.. I'm still clueless how you can graduate into your dream job (game designing) and fail so horribly to deliver the simpliest things.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-05-11 at 08:54 PM.