Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dep0n View Post
    is it possible to log in on a frozen account and buy this token with in game gold somehow ?
    My account is frozen for some months now but i would happily reactivate it with my gold there.
    Yes. Give it about 5 minutes or so after servers come back up, you'll have the option to resub with gold from the character select screen. Be sure to be on the realm where you have the amount of gold to buy it with. It may take about 10 minutes or so depending on how fast people put them up in the AH. It took me around 20 minutes to finally complete the transaction as the token was always being "bought out from under me". When complete, it'll take a portion of gold from each toon you log in on that server to cover the cost. The amount varies though. Like my monk it took about 600g from her, but my paladin, it took 9k gold from her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    11 days left on sub so by the time i need a token it will only cost 20k gold not bad.
    its never gonna drop that low on EU

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    20eur, nice way to rip us off, assholes
    Blame VAT - not Blizzard's fault Europe's tax system is heavy on buying goods and services.

35k? I do not get it. They set US to 30k and real price settled at 22,5k (21-24k) and they starting even higher in EU?
    As for euro to dollar - check current exchange rates they are equal which sucks for EU (unless you sell to US).

Really Blizzard? I was actually looking forward to it, but now it'll cost significantly more gold for the Europeans .

Time for a little bit of math for the millenials:

Comparing starting values of 20$/30k G and 20EUR/35k G at an exchange rate of 1$=0.9290EUR, you will discover that the price of gold is in fact 8.3% lower in the EU, the only catch being that you are buying it in larger units.

As far as Blizzard is concerned, anything happening after the start date is the result of supply and demand and they are in fact NOT screwing the EU because "20 dollars = 20 euro".

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post

Comparing starting values of 20$/30k G and 20EUR/35k G at an exchange rate of 1$=0.9290EUR, you will discover that the price of gold is in fact 8.3% lower in the EU, the only catch being that you are buying it in larger units.

As far as Blizzard is concerned, anything happening after the start date is the result of supply and demand and they are in fact NOT screwing the EU because "20 dollars = 20 euro".
    Nice touch adding in a jab at "millenials." As a millennial, I would appreciate you at least spelling the word right before proceeding to condescend. Thanks for the math lesson though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Blame VAT - not Blizzard's fault Europe's tax system is heavy on buying goods and services.
    Ahem..which VAT? UK? France? Hungary? Poland? (20% 19,6%, 27%, 23%) A monthly cost of the WoW in the UK is £9.99, round it up to £10, selling a token for £15 is a bloody 50% increasing..50!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Ahem..which VAT? UK? France? Hungary? Poland? (20% 19,6%, 27%, 23%) A monthly cost of the WoW in the UK is £9.99, round it up to £10, selling a token for £15 is a bloody 50% increasing..50!
    A monthly cost of WoW in Portugal is 12,99€, i'm not paying 20€ or 30K of gold. Its just pathetic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezarn View Post
    lol at Blizzard they still doing 20$ = 20€
    20 US Dollar equals
    18.60 Euro

not that big of a difference nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    its never gonna drop that low on EU
    Never say never man, it dropped like a rock on the US on day 1, same will most like happen here, 20k might be a tad low but again you never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I think the tokens are too scam sensitive. Especially in Russia (no offense).
    EVE Online has a long history of money laundering and fraud, especially in Russia.
    Also tokens aren't aimed at poor people, so there is no reason to make them cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    let's just say 20% VAT as a base, so it is really ~ 16.67 pre-VAT euro vs $20 if you want to compare the raw price Blizzard actually receives. After figuring in exchange rates, prices are very similar...
    Last edited by azurrei; 2015-04-20 at 04:52 PM.

35k? I think I will wait until it drops to around 25-28k

Nobody in their right mind will buy a token right away (in the AH), seeing as how much the price dropped in the US, so I'd expect the price to drop faster than the US one did. Unless there's many people who are waiting for the token to start playing WoW and don't want to wait 24 hours for a much better price, but I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post

30k / by 30 days
    35k / by 30 days

Is this something that you missed? Please explain how the price is lower of EU, it is in fact 5k higher

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Nice touch adding in a jab at "millenials." As a millennial, I would appreciate you at least spelling the word right before proceeding to condescend. Thanks for the math lesson though.
    You're welcome and glad you appreciated the jab. As for the spelling, I don't really do the whole "sorry for my English" thing.

Gold price for tokens will settle where blizzard wants it, just like with any currency in the world, central banks are regulating these markets, by pumping money in the economy or taking it out. Who can guaranty us that blizzard isn't doing the same, maybe they are buying tokens for "printed" gold, to preserve token gold value at the amount they think is "fair". That is a win win situation for them.
    Last edited by randa; 2015-04-20 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    Nobody in their right mind will buy a token right away (in the AH), seeing as how much the price dropped in the US, so I'd expect the price to drop faster than the US one did. Unless there's many people who are waiting for the token to start playing WoW and don't want to wait 24 hours for a much better price, but I doubt that.
    They rate limited the price change after the initial drop in the US. As far as I can tell it is capped at 1% change per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    They rate limited the price change after the initial drop in the US. As far as I can tell it is capped at 1% change per hour.
    I know, but the US price went up a little before going down, and I don't expect that to happen in the EU...