Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2.2 S3 Fastest T6 Rift Class

Hi everyone, I'm currently playing a WW barb for S3 and I've gotten my rift times down to ~1min in t6 solo. Is there a class that can do this faster? I find I never have to stop moving as I WW from pack to pack and my Dust Devils just pick up what I didn't kill. I tried Furious Charge build and I found it was actually slower in comparison to WW. Thoughts?

There is no class that can clear faster than a speed optimised wastes barb.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    There is no class that can clear faster than a speed optimised wastes barb.
    Tal Rasha wizard with Aether Walker one shotting T6 with Calamity/Toxin, a movement speed optimized Nat's/Danetta's or Nat's/Strafe DH, and a few forms of dashing strike monk can all post T6 clear times sub 1 minute. This is comparable to a speed optimized wastes barb. At this stage it depends far far more on the layout and density of the rifts and how often you need to circle back to pickup legendaries than build.

Ofc its up to RNG, as is everything with D3. I was just curious if there is something out there comparable to a WW barb and my question was answered, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Tal Rasha wizard with Aether Walker one shotting T6 with Calamity/Toxin, a movement speed optimized Nat's/Danetta's or Nat's/Strafe DH, and a few forms of dashing strike monk can all post T6 clear times sub 1 minute. This is comparable to a speed optimized wastes barb. At this stage it depends far far more on the layout and density of the rifts and how often you need to circle back to pickup legendaries than build.
    I've played with both wiz/danetta DH and honestly they can't even keep up with me in multiplayer let alone beat me in single player speed clears. The speed optimised wastes barb also does more general damage for speed clearing GR's at a higher difficulty than T6. My DH friend is constantly talking to me about how annoying it is to play with a Barb because he barely gets to do anything in a rift clear.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    My DH friend is constantly talking to me about how annoying it is to play with a Barb because he barely gets to do anything in a rift clear.
    My friends tell me that all the time. Good note I'm able to Power Level someone in 4-5 rifts in about 20 minutes as a Barb, so there is that.

Not really played anything else, but a Wastes Barbarian using Bul Kathos weapons is hard to beat, they have permanent Fury generation (from 2set IK Ancients + BK Weapons bonus) and a 30% movement speed buff, on top of that they will have 100% uptime on sprint and the dust devils that follow in their wake one-shot everything as they can hit for hundreds of million each.

Ultimately it means that clearing the rift is limited only by how fast they can move, which is very fast. That said it does depend on the Rift, the Raekor Barbarion of last season with the right setup and enough cooldown reduction + dual wield weapons (for cast animation) can charge around a rift at a ridiculous rate and one-shot everything other than yellows with charge, it's not as versatile and guarenteed as a Wastes + BK barb though, as it depends heavily on the mob density and layout of the Rift to maximise charge usage.

I've seen some Strafe DH do some crazy fast clears, and some pull build Monks last season using the right combination of run speed items/gems could clear Rifts extremely quickly (in the 1min range) so long as it had good density, which is a requirement regardless of the spec. It doesn't matter if you clear one Rift in 50 seconds, the next Rift can still take you a couple of minutes, the type or quality of Rift is more important than the spec/class.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-20 at 08:38 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The speed god monk might be just as fast? I only played with one once bit he flew through the rift pretty fast.

To clarify, the dashing strike monk spec.

Yeah try new dashing strike monk spec. He's almost as fast as light.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Ingeom + that act 3 bounty dagger + dashing set will clear rifts faster than WW barb by a little. They just flat out move faster than barbs since dash has no cd and you don't need spirit since you run insight with 100% uptime.

Though tbh no one should run t6 rifts anyway. Spam 35-40s(depending on how strong your group is. If you can do 40s in 2m no reason to do 35s anymore.

Deleted
    WW barb, Dashing Monk, or even a DH it's all good I'd just play whatever you like to the most so you'll be able to enjoy it longer > do more runs

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Ingeom + that act 3 bounty dagger + dashing set will clear rifts faster than WW barb by a little. They just flat out move faster than barbs since dash has no cd and you don't need spirit since you run insight with 100% uptime.

Though tbh no one should run t6 rifts anyway. Spam 35-40s(depending on how strong your group is. If you can do 40s in 2m no reason to do 35s anymore.
    You have to run T6 rifts, that is kinda how the game works. You can't run Grifts without running normal rifts so this is a bit silly.

Deleted
    As said before, a speed optimised WW barb. Although a Firebird Wizard with Aether Walker, Krelm Belt, Warzechian and sufficient regeneration is also mighty fast. You could take Cindercoat to ensure you never run out of AP as well. It's surprisingly quick and effortless.
    With decent enough gear, stuff dies in 1 Blizzard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You have to run T6 rifts, that is kinda how the game works. You can't run Grifts without running normal rifts so this is a bit silly.
    I think t6 rifts should have their own ladder. Would be a fun competitive alternative that doesn't require insane amounts of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I think t6 rifts should have their own ladder. Would be a fun competitive alternative that doesn't require insane amounts of RNG.
    T6 speed rifting is arguably more RNG than higher rifts though, since you more often than not get very densely populated greater rifts, where as T6 rifts vary massively, you basically need the graveyard to clear it quickly.

Barb is definitely the best t6 farmer.

I run with 6p wastes, 2p kings (mostly for quality of life with rage, definitely not necessary especially for low attack speed builds) and well rolled ancient blood+vow. I just buff myself every minute or so and keep WW pushed down while everything melts around me. I have extremely high rage generation which most would say is overkill, but with 20% or so attack speed plus the blood and vow 30% attack speed I drain rage very fast also. Attack speed is really nice for dust devil spam because the more attack speed you have the more tornadoes you make the easier clearing trash becomes. Also having very high rage generation allows me to liberally use sprint.

Other classes like monks can also build very fast t6 builds, but they tend to leave some trash behind at low health. Barb really is the best hands down at not just clearing fast, but efficiently clearing EVERYTHING without leaving any low health trash behind.

The only drawback for barbs is relatively low rift guardian killing speed/burst. There are ways to remedy this, but most likely you will give up some trash killing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Barb is definitely the best t6 farmer.

I run with 6p wastes, 2p kings (mostly for quality of life with rage, definitely not necessary especially for low attack speed builds) and well rolled ancient blood+vow. I just buff myself every minute or so and keep WW pushed down while everything melts around me. I have extremely high rage generation which most would say is overkill, but with 20% or so attack speed plus the blood and vow 30% attack speed I drain rage very fast also. Attack speed is really nice for dust devil spam because the more attack speed you have the more tornadoes you make the easier clearing trash becomes. Also having very high rage generation allows me to liberally use sprint.

Other classes like monks can also build very fast t6 builds, but they tend to leave some trash behind at low health. Barb really is the best hands down at not just clearing fast, but efficiently clearing EVERYTHING without leaving any low health trash behind.

The only drawback for barbs is relatively low rift guardian killing speed/burst. There are ways to remedy this, but most likely you will give up some trash killing speed.
    If you drop the IK and take the full 6 wastes, then pick up Focus + Restraint you will have 100% damage bonus (or 50% if you just whirlwind), damage you do will be even faster and you free up a skill slot (no more ancients). This fixes slow Rift Guardian damage ^^.

It also lets you take Chilanik's Chain belt, for runspeed when you War Cry.

If you drop the IK and take the full 6 wastes, then pick up Focus + Restraint you will have 100% damage bonus (or 50% if you just whirlwind), damage you do will be even faster and you free up a skill slot (no more ancients). This fixes slow Rift Guardian damage ^^.

It also lets you take Chilanik's Chain belt, for runspeed when you War Cry.
    Yeah focus+restraint does give me more RG killing power (rares and elites too), but I then give up rage generation from the ancients which I don't want to do with my high attack speed build (~50% during WW).

Also movement speed is completely unnecessary since with my build I have 95% movement speed when I sprint, which is often too fast anyway since you spread out dust devils a bit too thinly and you might leave stragglers at low health behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah focus+restraint does give me more RG killing power (rares and elites too), but I then give up rage generation from the ancients which I don't want to do with my high attack speed build (~50% during WW).

Also movement speed is completely unnecessary since with my build I have 95% movement speed when I sprint, which is often too fast anyway since you spread out dust devils a bit too thinly and you might leave stragglers at low health behind.
    Thing is though, if you're clearing a Rift fast then you wont get any Fury generation from the ancients, since the ancients won't be able to attack anything for long enough to generate Fury. To run this setup you have to give up a 100% damage bonus (focus/restraint) + your belt slot (30-40% runspeed on Warcry), with some cooldown reduction you can get 100% uptime on the belt buff too.

So you would have movement speed from BK weapons, Sprint, Belt, Wreath gem + a 50/100% damage bonus on your rings that is increasing the effectiveness of the Wreath gem (it melts everything in range). If you're running BK weapons and lightning rune then you won't have Fury issues anyway, and the faster you clear the more you will realise than the IK Ancients Fury generation is less effective.

When people talk about clearing a rift they aren't talking about killing every single thing in the place, that's a waste of time. A straggler here or there is not a big deal. Get the Rift Guardian out as fast as possible, kill him as fast as possible, clear elites until the end and repeat.

Edit : FWIW this setup bounces you between 135%-160% movement, but you could get higher with Boon Legendary gem + the bracers with speed buff when you break stuff.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-24 at 01:14 AM.

Thing is though, if you're clearing a Rift fast then you wont get any Fury generation from the ancients, since the ancients won't be able to attack anything for long enough to generate Fury. To run this setup you have to give up a 100% damage bonus (focus/restraint) + your belt slot (30-40% runspeed on Warcry), with some cooldown reduction you can get 100% uptime on the belt buff too.

So you would have movement speed from BK weapons, Sprint, Belt, Wreath gem + a 50/100% damage bonus on your rings that is increasing the effectiveness of the Wreath gem (it melts everything in range). If you're running BK weapons and lightning rune then you won't have Fury issues anyway, and the faster you clear the more you will realise than the IK Ancients Fury generation is less effective.

When people talk about clearing a rift they aren't talking about killing every single thing in the place, that's a waste of time. A straggler here or there is not a big deal. Get the Rift Guardian out as fast as possible, kill him as fast as possible, clear elites until the end and repeat.

Edit : FWIW this setup bounces you between 135%-160% movement, but you could get higher with Boon Legendary gem + the bracers with speed buff when you break stuff.
    I have tried out focus+restraint and I really did notice the lack of fury gen. Again I run a very high attack speed build that drains fury very fast. If you play a high attack speed build you'll see what I'm talking about. And they definitely do attack even if you are clearing fast. They leap, have high speed, tp and have surprising uptime even on trash that is dying or about to die around you.

The damage from focus+restraint is really not noticeable on trash or elites/rares in solo rifts. I only notice the difference on RGs and in 4mans. And again movement speed is not something I would sacrifice anything for, 95% is more than enough since even at 95% you go too fast to kill trash efficiently with dust devils.

Also the one thing that sets WW barbs apart from other classes and builds is that they can easily clear everything with little to no delay. Other classes like wizards are much better at skipping half the trash and just teleporting around trying to find rares.