Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have tried out focus+restraint and I really did notice the lack of fury gen. Again I run a very high attack speed build that drains fury very fast. If you play a high attack speed build you'll see what I'm talking about. And they definitely do attack even if you are clearing fast. They leap, have high speed, tp and have surprising uptime even on trash that is dying or about to die around you.

The damage from focus+restraint is really not noticeable on trash or elites/rares in solo rifts. I only notice the difference on RGs and in 4mans. And again movement speed is not something I would sacrifice anything for, 95% is more than enough since even at 95% you go too fast to kill trash efficiently with dust devils.

Also the one thing that sets WW barbs apart from other classes and builds is that they can easily clear everything with little to no delay. Other classes like wizards are much better at skipping half the trash and just teleporting around trying to find rares.
    I still disagree with you.

When is the only time you're Fury starved with BK + Lightning rune? When you have nothing to attack is the answer. If the ancients have something to attack then so do you, so the Fury starvation happens in exactly the same way whether or not you're running Ancients.

The only possible limiting factors in speed clearing are

1. Damage
    2. Movement

Your setup sacrifices on both those points compared to a Focus + Restraint setup, you lose both damage and movement speed. What do you gain? Better Fury generation during the moments where Fury generation is not a problem anyway. Talent Weapon Master + Resource cost reduction in Paragon points and stop worrying about it.

As for your "Attack Speed" theory, it really doesn't make a lot of difference at all. At 45% attack speed it would take you about 20s to empty an 130 Fury bar (so assume 10 bonus Fury on each BK weapon + on Mighty belt). At 15% attack speed it would take around 23s, that's assuming you generate no Fury at all during that time other than the weapons passive generation.

The reality is that you're just wrong, it's not that your setup is bad or slow because it's obviously not, it's just that you're fabricating an issue that doesn't exist. 6 Wastes + 2IK+BK is fast but 6 Wastes + Focus/Restraint + BK is faster because you move faster and you do more damage, and there is no getting around those points.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-24 at 02:58 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

When is the only time you're Fury starved with BK + Lightning rune? When you have nothing to attack is the answer. If the ancients have something to attack then so do you, so the Fury starvation happens in exactly the same way whether or not you're running Ancients.

1. Damage
    2. Movement

Your setup sacrifices on both those points compared to a Focus + Restraint setup, you lose both damage and movement speed. What do you gain? Better Fury generation during the moments where Fury generation is not a problem anyway. Talent Weapon Master + Resource cost reduction in Paragon points and stop worrying about it.

As for your "Attack Speed" theory, it really doesn't make a lot of difference at all. At 45% attack speed it would take you about 20s to empty an 130 Fury bar (so assume 10 bonus Fury on each BK weapon + on Mighty belt). At 15% attack speed it would take around 23s, that's assuming you generate no Fury at all during that time other than the weapons passive generation.

The reality is that you're just wrong, it's not that your setup is bad or slow because it's obviously not, it's just that you're fabricating an issue that doesn't exist. 6 Wastes + 2IK+BK is fast but 6 Wastes + Focus/Restraint + BK is faster because you move faster and you do more damage, and there is no getting around those points.
    I don't need more damage though. I already overkill everything in t6, seriously there is no need. I could shave a few of seconds off of RGs, that's it. Not worth sacrificing the quality of life that ancients give me.

And again, I don't need more movement speed than 95%. No WW barb does, since you want to your dust devils to spread. I have an aether walker wizard if I feel like having even more extreme mobility than 100% uptime on 95%, which by the way is very easy in a high fury build.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't need more damage though. I already overkill everything in t6, seriously there is no need. I could shave a few of seconds off of RGs, that's it. Not worth sacrificing the quality of life that ancients give me.

And again, I don't need more movement speed than 95%. No WW barb does, since you want to your dust devils to spread. I have an aether walker wizard if I feel like having even more extreme mobility than 100% uptime on 95%, which by the way is very easy in a high fury build.
    I currently have 100% uptime on 95% movement speed too, only that I have about 80% uptime on 135% movement speed which then bursts up to 160% with Wreath (which also has a high uptime, depending on mob density). That 135% with a CDR optimised setup would be 100%. Whether or not your Tornadoes can keep up is a moot point because the extra speed does not make it more difficult to place them, you're not losing any damage by moving faster. When I'm doing Rifts the mobs are dying instantly as I'm passing through them.

Infact it's the Wreath of Lightning gem that is killing off most of the mobs, the Tornadoes are only there for the big damage on Champions/RG really, and the gem works exactly like a Conduit Pylon in terms of damage distribution (just not as high damage).

Ultimately this thread is about the fastest T6 build, not the easy/quality of life relaxing build. I've played them both, I was running your exact setup until 2 days ago when I tried Focus + Restraint, then when I tried the Chilanik's belt with it... There is no going back, it does more damage and it moves faster while doing it.

My wizard with In-Geom is the fastest. Barb friend can't keep up with near infinite teleports.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    My wizard with In-Geom is the fastest. Barb friend can't keep up with near infinite teleports.
    Possibly, but Monk can do the same too.

Barb gets pretty screwed over in group play when others rush ahead as they need to hit stuff to generate Fury in order to move fast. I play with a DH friend who can match Barb movement speed but the Multishots one-shot everything in their path (even yellows), and so all mobs are dead before I can hit them, leaving me a bit annoyed and out of Fury. Fine if it's a large open Rift though can switch directions.

What a Barb can do though is move at a very high pace while dealing damage to anything and everything in that path, you can cover a map in seconds and anything in your path will die in the process, and so long as the Barb has something to hit it will never stop or slow down.. Properly optimised any of the classes can clear a rift in under a minute, which is best is hard to tell since the Rift RNG is more important.

raekor barb is great for T6 rifts. WW is a bit faster cause they dont need to hit elites/champs twice. Raiment 6 monks though tend to be fastest cause of constant epiphany.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely not me on my WD.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2015-04-26 at 06:55 PM.

R6 monks with an in-geom can clear them.....very fast. I'd imagine wizards could do the same with that weapon.

I think this is the fastest of all http://www.diablofans.com/builds/539...69-t6-god-monk
    I cant watch it on work, but I think his time is under 40s to clear a rift
    Monk with ingeon is crazy nuts, just hit a punch here and there and DS nonstop to kill things
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

As a WW barb you can clear T6 very fast by just casually whirling around and having a beer in the other hand.

You might fall asleep while playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

1. Damage
    2. Movement

I'm still trying to figure out how Focus and Restraint work. They say after you deal damage with a specific set of abilities such as resource generators, your damage is increased by 50%. Does that mean damage with those resource generators is increased by 50% or ALL damage? Also, I think its Restraint that says when using resource spenders, increases damage by 50%, again is that resource spenders increased by 50% or ALL damage? Also, I sometimes see them proc and sometimes I don't so it can be difficult to see WHEN the proc is actually on you.

Also, wouldn't an IK build with the 6 piece bonus be better for WW? At least from what I am noticing, running 100% uptime Ancients with the rune that generates fury when they hit makes whirlwinding non-stop for the most part because of the fury generation from them as well as the 100% damage bonus from Wrath + ancients being up and WW'ing non-stop decreases the cooldown on wrath which basically means I have 100% uptime with wrath, 100% additional damage + the dmg bonus from wrath. As soon as I just got the 6 piece set which happened yesterday(I got 3 pieces in 1 day... yet took me months to get the first 3, go figure) I've noticed a HUGE difference in my capability to run T6 rifts with ease and GRifts up to about 33ish(haven't tested past 33)

All damage is increased. Ideally you run a skill like bash and use it every 5 seconds to keep the buff up permanently.

if you're running BK set and IK then sure. However Wastes gets the most benefit from being able to have dust devils AND lightning rune for stupid amounts of fury with BK set. Dust Devils with 6set Wastes out does IK's 100% more damage. You can maintain near perm Wrath if you spec into CDR, just for speed rifting, not that you really need it except for RG.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    All damage is increased. Ideally you run a skill like bash and use it every 5 seconds to keep the buff up permanently.

if you're running BK set and IK then sure. However Wastes gets the most benefit from being able to have dust devils AND lightning rune for stupid amounts of fury with BK set. Dust Devils with 6set Wastes out does IK's 100% more damage. You can maintain near perm Wrath if you spec into CDR, just for speed rifting, not that you really need it except for RG.
    So, does that mean running with the full bonus of focus+restraint, constantly whirl winding will consistently have the 50% dmg bonus or no? Reason I ask is because with all the numbers flying, its difficult to see if I'm doing more damage. Also, I have ~650 Paragon points so I have CDR maxed, without the IK bonus that decreases wraths cooldowns per fury spent, I wouldn't have 100% uptime with it.

Guess I will start trying to get the Wastes set now. Question is once you get the sets and weapons you need/want.. what the hell else is there to do? Just keep farming but farming for what.. You've got basically everything you could want.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    So, does that mean running with the full bonus of focus+restraint, constantly whirl winding will consistently have the 50% dmg bonus or no? Reason I ask is because with all the numbers flying, its difficult to see if I'm doing more damage. Also, I have ~650 Paragon points so I have CDR maxed, without the IK bonus that decreases wraths cooldowns per fury spent, I wouldn't have 100% uptime with it.

Guess I will start trying to get the Wastes set now. Question is once you get the sets and weapons you need/want.. what the hell else is there to do? Just keep farming but farming for what.. You've got basically everything you could want.
    Yes, but constantly using WW and hitting bash every 5 seconds you can maintain Focus and Restraint buff indefinitely and have the damage buff to all of your damage from both set bonuses. 2 set of IK , 6 set Wastes and BK swords are better than 6 set Wastes, 4 IK in terms of speed rifting. You can even drop Wrath for sprint with the damage rune to help you move even faster.

Well once you have everything you want for your set you have a couple options. Continue farming T6 rifts to get ancient set items and bshards or start pushing grifts competitively on the ladder. That's the end game of diablo, pushing ladders honestly.

In regards to the Focus + Restraint discussion.

When you use an ability that generates Fury it will give you a 50% damage bonus for 5 seconds, when you use an ability that consumes Fury it will give you an additional 50% damage bonus for 5 seconds. The abilities have to make contact with the target, so you can't activate the bonus by attacking thin air nor can you activate it from the dust devils of the whirlwind, you have to connect. That's a 50% + 50% damage bonus flat out, it's just a damage bonus that applies to everything (including pets, dots from legendary gems, set bonuses or even Conduit Pylons). I've not tested or research to know if it applies additively or multiplicatively with itself, but the damage increase is massive.

You can use any generator to activate it, I'm currently using Furious Charge (Merciless Assault rune) with a pair of Strongarm Bracers. Furious Charge generates more Fury than typical spenders per use and does quite a bit of damage + activates the Strongarm Bracers damage bonus, just an example but this setup is clearing 40-45 Greater Rifts in 2-4minutes for me now, it is insane.

As for the Fury generation issue (or not), I don't even need to run the Lightning rune on whirlwind anymore and also run with Berserker Rage, it's a non issue. If you run cooldown reduction setup (10% paragon, 8% shoulders, 12.5% helm socket and Gogok gem) + Chilanik's Chain Belt, and then use the "Charge" rune for War Cry you will have 100% uptime on the belt buff and 100% uptime on sprint with enough Fury to keep you going between packs of monsters, no slow down.

There is another way of achieving this though, with the Ring of the Zodiac and it also allows near 100% uptime on WOTB too. Variations of these builds are starting to even dominate the Greater Rift Leaderboards now too, the current top Barbarian solo rank in Europe is GR57 and the guy is running a pure Bul Kathos setup... Possibly with Zodiac + Convention of Elements/Unity, or possibly with Focus + Restraint.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-30 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    You'll get the fastest T6 rift with Quins 'God Monk' hands down.

Then there's the fact that not everyone plays a monk, or want to start gearing one from scratch. The good thing is that other classes too have their speed-builds. Depending how you like to play your rifts; straightest way to guardian and close, or kill everything on all levels and clear the whole rift. If you prefer the latter and want a bit more control (and less stress and finger strain) to your speed and mobility, I got a build for DH that does just that. Ps. No F+R required/used.

Last edited by mmocc70537a917; 2015-05-13 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    39 seconds is my fastest clear with danetta's/nats RoVark Cloud - 1 shotting RG's is always nice

Averages ~1min to get to and kill the RG, usually clear to the end in sub 3 mins.

Never played with a speed optimised ww barb though, so can;t compare.

A guy in my clan has an ancient envious blade and ancient in-geom on his Monk. I haven't seen anything clear T6 faster.

I have a full fire set for charging with an ancient sankis right under 3k DPs and a high ancient ten second in-geom that I have yet to try. I may see how this does on T6 just for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2015-05-13 at 06:28 PM.

Aether walker wizard with tal rasha is great. Even if you dont have the best stuff, I use a 1.9k dps AW wand....so yea.

Explosive blast flash, and fire nova, frozen mist and calamity teleport with conduit w/e.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO