Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Deleting high level characters seems emo to me. I don't understand where that thought has anything to do with your problem OP.

Unless your account is at the 50 character cap and you can't create any new characters...I don't understand why people delete high level toons.

- - - Updated - - -

People I talk to on the telephone are people I know in real life. Same with work. If people calls what goes on with strangers in an online video game -- drama, they should seek help. I will never understand how socially inept people must be in real life, to cling so close to strangers in an online video game.

I could give two shits about anyone I don't know in real life. People in game are just stupid names with alt characters.
    People are still people regardless of whether or not you see them in person it doesn't give you the right to be an ass.
    A friendship with someone across the internet is just as real as a friendship with anyone else
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2015-04-21 at 02:11 AM.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for all the responses!

First of all, I never intended to delete my main, just alts that keep me logging in for daily garrison-facebooking, that's all. Due to account sharing I lost my vanilla/bc account and had to start anew in WotlK, which I regret to this day so I'm totally with everyone that says, don't delete it all. I decided not to delete any char, actually. My main will be transferred and that's it. Alts can hover there and yes, I also have servers with abandoned lvl80s, 85s, 90s ;p

As for the guild drama affecting me: I'm not stressed because some people in a game say something. I have made friends there and many remain in my btag friend list. But whilst I don't care about their drama, they do. If I raid with a group, some of my friends will say "sorry I am not going with you because X is in the group". And since it's so likely that on that small-ish server you will bump into one another, it just sucks the fun out of it for me. I have removed most of these contacts now but stuff like that is just tiring. Why can't people just grow the heck up.

Free transfer was not available and having suffered from lowpop realms before it's really the last thing I'd do. Enjoying the high pop at the moment. Great to read that other people have "moved" on like this before as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Hey, thanks for all the responses!

First of all, I never intended to delete my main, just alts that keep me logging in for daily garrison-facebooking, that's all. Due to account sharing I lost my vanilla/bc account and had to start anew in WotlK, which I regret to this day so I'm totally with everyone that says, don't delete it all. I decided not to delete any char, actually. My main will be transferred and that's it. Alts can hover there and yes, I also have servers with abandoned lvl80s, 85s, 90s ;p

As for the guild drama affecting me: I'm not stressed because some people in a game say something. I have made friends there and many remain in my btag friend list. But whilst I don't care about their drama, they do. If I raid with a group, some of my friends will say "sorry I am not going with you because X is in the group". And since it's so likely that on that small-ish server you will bump into one another, it just sucks the fun out of it for me. I have removed most of these contacts now but stuff like that is just tiring. Why can't people just grow the heck up.

Free transfer was not available and having suffered from lowpop realms before it's really the last thing I'd do. Enjoying the high pop at the moment. Great to read that other people have "moved" on like this before as well!
    Nice to see the OP come back and give a little update on the situation. Always nice to read that they took advice one way or another and made a decision. hope you find happiness in the highpop realms.

Why would you delete something you put work into just because things didn't go your way? When your car breaks down, are you going to just haul it into a lake?

If you want a 100% FRESH start, then you make a new account and buy the game over. If not, then just leave your toons inactive. Literally no reason to mass delete toons.