15+ Year Old Account

New Trinket Proc and Survival

Is it just me or is the Survival proc from the trinket useless in terms of DPS compared to the other specs proc? I mean a pure damage increase for Marksmanship based on how far away you are. Beast Mastery gets a longer damage buff on their pets and in addition gets more damage done. Survival gets a chance to reset Cooldown on a DoT which without our current set bonus doesn't do much, especially if the DoT doesn't works like Explosive Shot that it bakes in the old one into the new one when you refresh it.

Whats with those unbalanced ones? How do you think Blizzard will fix it? Will they even fix it?

It does SEEM like an incredibly stupid trinket, but we don't know what the encounters in the Citadel are like yet.

The BM one seems badass though, soooo...

For single target it would be a small dps increase because it would increase the uptime to 100% and thus give us more ES ticks. However, it could be really strong on fights with multiple targets. The design could still change though, we are very early in the PTR.

For me it feels like just examples of what the trinkets effects could be and not so much thought if it will be good or not, so I think/hope that the will change it before 6.2 comes out. Same in how the changed the Legendary rings and might change them again its still probably 3-4 months before 6.2 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkwow View Post
    For me it feels like just examples of what the trinkets effects could be and not so much thought if it will be good or not, so I think/hope that the will change it before 6.2 comes out. Same in how the changed the Legendary rings and might change them again its still probably 3-4 months before 6.2 is out.
    I doubt it's 4 months away.

2-3 probably.

black arrow on multiple targets? lol cant wait for this trinket its insane for SV multi target fights
    think outside the square its not about refreshing the black arrow on ur target. its about putting black arrow on as much stuff as possible. this will mean infinite explosive shots. as the new tier set will come out we would lose alot if they took the 2 piece away from us

Likely designed to interact with the tier bonus by some means.

That trinket would be OP with the current Survival tier bonus. With BA automatically procing ES on cast. lol I'm actually going to save my T17 just so I can test it out with if I ever get that trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    As most say it will be nice having Black Arrow on multiple targets, but for it to be viable those targets has to survive quite a bit. As for above poster, we most likely will have replaced tier by the time we get the trinket. Hopefully t18 has something to do with Black Arrow to make trinket good for Survival.

yeah you are definitely right i havent found any info on the next raid but hopefully there is some multi target fights for it to shine. (maidens comes to mind immediately)

Tier 18 bonuses:

Item - Hunter T18 Survival 2P Bonus (New) Your Black Arrow increases all elemental damage done to the target by 15% for until cancelled.
    Item - Hunter T18 Survival 4P Bonus (New) Your Explosive Shot causes a shadow nova on targets afflicted by your Black Arrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like with the new info on tier bonuses that our damage is still down on single target, and unless it's really high health mobs the shadow nova will suck since we won't have time to get that many Black Arrow on mobs.

That would be a pain to select multiple mobs to cast black arrow over and over again. Guess we'll see how they change things soon. BM and Marks proc looks pretty solid. Marks actually looks interesting. Makes you feel even more like a sniper

The mm and sv trinket effects hardly seem like they could be final.