Deleted

Need some advice regarding 6.2 and planning ahead.

This seems like a solid enough place to ask, simply put... I'm liking the look of 6.2 and I'm on the edge of getting back in the game and prepping for it, aiming at the very least to be LFR ready for it, but hopefully I'll manage to find atleast a normal mode guild.

Anyhow, I main Prot Warrior/Fury warrior, warlock and elemental/resto shaman. The warlock is my oldest character and my dearest, but I'm also curious to get back into the tanking game with my warrior, is the LFR/dungeon scene just as toxic and am I better of sticking to DPS, or is the extra rewards etc worth it? I know how to play all of the said specs in their current WoD iteration so that is of no issue.

But I am horribly torn between Demo/Destro Warlock and then either healer or tank, I currently have 4 unbound hexweave bags and enough gold to get a fair ammount of BoEs, max proffessions etc for one character... Should I just stick to my darling warlock and hope for the best or could it be worth it to try getting back in as a tank and hoping to find a guild that may miss a tank? :P (feeling that most decent raiding guild probably has their tanks already set in stone....)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like a good fit personality wise for my guild from what you've said BUUUUUT, I am the resident prot warrior

We currently also have a warlock on team, and we're currently working on gearing an ele shaman friend to be rdy for raiding.
    So far this expansion we've only done normal raids with a few Heroic kills of Kargath because he's easy.

Any other classes?

Deleted
    Hmm, well not that I really enjoy playing tbh. (can mention that I'm an EU player)

Fury warrior and demo lock is my go to DPS classes, have played hunter occasionally but it never really stuck on me.

As for healers I usally play resto shaman simply due to the fact that its the only healer that has an offspec that I also enjoy.

Retribution paladin is another class I enjoy, but have only played casually and I'm far from the 10 years I got on my warlock for example haha

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, EU.
    Well we're a US guild so I guess that rules us out

GL with your search though

LFR is always going to be toxic on tank because if they fail the whole raid dies.
    As a dps, its better to go for comfort pick over something you don't enjoy, otherwise you will quit eventually.
    If you plan to go tank anyhow, you should get a good off spec at first too because as you said, most good group already have their 2 tank, but you could try to apply as dps with off spec tank if they need and eventually get it maybe or replace with 1 of the tank can't be there.
    Make sure to pull your weight as dps tho, nobody will want to carry a low dps for the possibility of needing him for tank(unless it is planned that a tank will be leaving soon).

If the patch notes for 6.2 are anything to go by, Demo locks may be getting a bit of a hit. Destro is okay, but locks in general are lower than we'd like.

I've found that warriors are very common at the moment, and not the best tanking class currently, so you may have issues there. I wouldn't say the community is toxic towards tanks though, at least not ones who know what they're doing or are honest about being new to it. Maybe try healer instead? They seem to be in high demand at the moment.
    Last edited by Rosstafa; 2015-04-21 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    If the patch notes for 6.2 are anything to go by
    it is too early to judge class changes & positions based off the first wave of notes. i don't understand why people freak out. the amount of tuning and changes that are still to come are huge
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it is too early to judge class changes & positions based off the first wave of notes. i don't understand why people freak out. the amount of tuning and changes that are still to come are huge
    Absolutely true, hence my choice of words. It's all uncertain at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are forums both here and in the official Blizzard forum's to seek for a guild

From a GM point of view and from my experience it is easier to get to a guild as a DPS. Warlock is a decent class, besides all the groups I've led and been in tend to miss a lock. Though PUGing through the group finder tool as a DPS is not that easy cause most groups tend to be very picky on what kinda DPS they choose, their ilvl and experience.

Getting into a PUG as a tank or a healer is lot more easier and people tend to be more lenient of the gear and experience checks.

All of that is from my personal viewpoint so I would say apply to a guild on your warlock and offer your warrior or shaman as a capable raiding alt. Or just make an apply and ask what class the guild truly needs.

lock is very good choice for pugging -they may not be top of dps meters but they are pretty decent + they are range + all pug groups are super happy to have min 1 lock for summoning in case people leave or want to join so its pretty solid choice for pugging.

also since this patch all fotm rerolles went for hunters/bookins there is few locks around so they are in pretty high demand

I'd go tank. There's a higher demand for tanks even in stable guilds and you could always switch to DPS when not tanking outside of raids and whatnot. DPS are dime-a-dozen.