Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As with anything, your response should scale with the impact. Lying about something silly that changes nothing? Who cares. Lying about serious things to fuck people over? Not cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on what it is about tbh but to tell a good example, a little story.... when I very little me my mom and dad and sometimes brother use to spend our summers out at the coast with a friend of my family. He had 3 houses out there, and a huge area to do stuff on, so was always fun to be out there to spend time with him. It's something im always gonna remember, as very good times. But one day, we stopped going out there for the summers and I asked about it and my mom and dad tells me that our friend out there has passed away. "Passed away?" I asked? And they told me that its very natural for all people to do so. And as you can imagine I was very upset by hearing this, locked my self in my room crying and didn't wanna come out for several days but, with time things got much better.

And I grew up, got older, things moved on and so on. But one day...many years later, me and my dad was sitting around outside talking about everything and anything and our old friend came into subject, and we were reminiscing about how fun it use to be out there in the summers and had a really good laugh about it, so it felt good. But then there was a brief moment of silence and my dad looked at my very seriously and his whole posture changed dramatically and he told me. "Son, I wanna tell u something...but u must promise not to tell your mother I told u this, ok..?" and I was like "Yea dad sure thing..." and he goes on to tell me about our friend out there that he didn't die in a natural way... and I was kinda shocked....so I asked him " what happened then ? " and he tells me that our friend was very depressed, and that he killed him self. That one day , he was sitting in his kitchen and he had 2 dynamite sticks that he put in his mouth and lit them on fire and....yea blew him self up and his whole house....

That's one of those stories that changed me a lot as a person, but at the same time I can fully understand why my parents told me he died from natural causes....Don't hold any grudges against them and I love them more than anything...

But yea, as someone once said.... everybody lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the lie.

My immediate reaction is to tell them that "an" and "a" are not interchangeable in most situations.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put them on /ignore irl.
    You cared enough to post.

but...everyone lies...

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    but...everyone lies...
    A lie by omission of the all the truth is far better (and more defensible) than straight up dishonesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneusprime View Post
    A lie by omission of the all the truth is far better (and more defensible) than straight up dishonesty.
    no one tells the whole truth

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    no one tells the whole truth
    Precisely my point. But you can get away with not telling the whole truth, because you never actually tell a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneusprime View Post
    Precisely my point. But you can get away with not telling the whole truth, because you never actually tell a lie.
    darth maul is better

My reaction to an liar is usually the hate.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV