About balcony in p2 hc blackhand

1)On raid size 20 people how many people should go up in balcony?
    2)which specs are preferable?
    3)should we alternate balconies, one at a time?
    4)can we get 3 people on one and 3 on the other?
    5)what is more important? people being spread down or not messing balconies up? you are not allowed to say both!
    6)if the healer is marked right before smash, should you have another healer go up?
    7) how many mark fails before it is a wipe?

If there are fails in the balconies in terms of people missing the jump or fall down because they would die (healer didn't make the jump). Or jump in the wrong balcony. How many fails are we allowed before its unhealable?

1. 5
    2. ones who can cleave/aoe burst
    3. you have to
    4. no
    5. both. cant clear all adds, just 1 side so down below will always be getting hit still
    6. yes
    7. some

8. Does it have to be melee on the balcony duty or can range go too.
    9. Does mark of death affect range people only or melee as well?

1, We uses 5, all 5 ppl git hit up every smash but 2 of them go to the opposite side.
    2, Any one with good burst and cleave, hunters and boomkins are your best pick
    3, Don't know what this question means but we only clear one at the time, north first then south as adds come out at the north one first.
    4, Yes but we do it with 3 and 2 (when the smash is going off the two ppl that are going opposite side just need to stand in front of tank and they will fly to the other side.
    5, Both
    6, Don't sad a healer its not needed just have the 5 ppl that are going up healed b4 they go
    7, If you miss the marks and damo is slow to die and there is fire well you can just wipe it or keep going its up to you guys.

Hmmm if there is to much aoe dmg and your healers cant keep up then its a wipe lol

Deleted
    8-9 : both can go, equis are the best for it tho.
    I d say : equis > monk dps > hunts with bloody barrage > locks (when timed right stun the adds in grp as they pop) > ret > feral with CDs can hard clean > rogues > blood dk...etc
    Avoid sending a fury war on an unholy dk up if you can, they really suck at balconies.
    9 : only on rangeds (not a hmonk then (considered melee due to dps mechanics = a hmonk shud go up) So you can have bad rng and be marked down while on the balcony as a ranged, I ve seen it happen all the time. Damn u blizz. The more ranged you are the less likely it is.

So much to say about balconies tho, I could write my thesis about it.
    Anyway go clean east 1st time, then west then east...etc.
    I disagree with sending people on different balconies, it s better to do it quick and fast together as 5 dps + smashed tank + heal on just one Imo. You spenf like 10s up with 7 ppl if done correctly.

Try to send hunts or locks on the p1 p2 transition to clean the east balcony if you can then you can skip going up on 1st smash. Hard clean is needed on 2nd and 3rd eitherway.
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-04-21 at 03:45 AM.

1 moonkin can solo a side they just need to save CA for it they dont need a healer either if they use NV

10) how many smashes or balconies should we do before enough dps for next phase? 3?4?5?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    5)what is more important? people being spread down or not messing balconies up? you are not allowed to say both!
    6)if the healer is marked right before smash, should you have another healer go up?

If there are fails in the balconies in terms of people missing the jump or fall down because they would die (healer didn't make the jump). Or jump in the wrong balcony. How many fails are we allowed before its unhealable?
    1) We use 2, a paladin for one side and a moonkin for the other
    2) Paladin, Moonkin, UH DK, SPriest, Hunter
    3) No, make sure you do BOTH balconies on every smash. The knockback radiuses around your tank so make sure tank stays still and just position either side of him
    4) Yes you can, read above but you only need 1 person per balcony
    5) Well both.... but the majority of the balcony aoe damage comes from the killable adds so if you do them right every time there will be less splash
    6) Don't send a healer up. All the classes I listed above can solo a side + selfheal enough. Just hot + shield the person going up before they jump.
    7) You can fail quite a lot of marks now without too much issue. It's a wipe when you stop being able to heal through it.

You can theoretically get away without killing any balconies as long as your healers and ST dps on boss is decent.

- - - Updated - - -

10) how many smashes or balconies should we do before enough dps for next phase? 3?4?5?
    You should be aiming for 3-4 smashes before phasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have one or two moonkins you are basically covered for balcony. They are easily soloable.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

8. Does it have to be melee on the balcony duty or can range go too.
    9. Does mark of death affect range people only or melee as well?
    1) 1 Boomer alternating in sides on every smash you put up a healer too up to your choice
    2) Boomkin
    3) yes
    4) you could
    5) not messing up balconies
    6) yes
    7) n, depends on your raid
    8) Boomers are the best for balconys
    9) only Range

Just get 2 boomkins really. With proper rotation you can have CA+NV for every other balcony so they can easily solo one balcony each.

I usually see mdps get sent up. Only range I've seen get sent up is boomkins. Boomkins can also flap straight to a balcony while falling in p1->2 transition. In my group (of 15 w no boomkins) we let the rogue and/or feral druid stay on boss and a tank and 2 pallies (I'm one of them) go up for each smash.

No need to send heals. Just have dps use mitigation before smash and have a healer shield or get a hot rolling on them before smash.

I think best way of gauging when to transition is # of siege's not smashes, right? Think you wanna transition during 3rd siege.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronian View Post
    Boomkins can also flap straight to a balcony while falling in p1->2 transition
    Hunters, locks, priests and mages can do the same.

I think best way of gauging when to transition is # of siege's not smashes, right? Think you wanna transition during 3rd siege.
    I am fairly sure that you get 1 siege per smash.

10+ Year Old Account

1) The minimum possible without overwhelming healers. Think of balcony as a noise that you need to filter out for the real fight going out below. We only send 3 DPS up -- Boomy and 2 Ret Paladins. All the melee soak the smash to split damage, but they jump down without touching balcony
    2) Boomkin, feral cat, Ret Paladin
    3) Yes.
    4) No.
    5) People being disciplined below goes a long way to prevent healers getting overwhelmed.
    6) Never send healers up. It's a waste. Make sure, your balcony team has shields and are prehotted when they get knocked up
    7) 1 - don't fail marks.

Everything in P2 is noise except boss DPS.

Here's what worked for us--
    1. Sent only 3 folks up + the current tank. No healers.
    2. All DPS on boss.
    3. When cannon pops, hunter kites over bombs. Ranged DPS switches to cannons only after the stupid plate debuff is destroyed.
    4. Cannon needs to die after 2nd set of marks before it casts mortar. Can't have mortar (except last cannon). PERIOD. This means your mark folks have to be disciplined and hide behind cannons. If you fail a mark, cannon will most likely not die and you will have mortar and things will spiral out of control and wipe.
    5. There will a 3rdset of Marks after cannon dies and before new cannon Pops. Have the OT soak both and heal through it.
    6. Ignore 4th cannon and nuke boss. If you are getting 5th cannon, you dont have DPS to push P2.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2015-04-21 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Fixed Mark numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Here's what worked for us--
    1. Sent only 3 folks up + the current tank. No healers.
    2. All DPS on boss.
    3. When cannon pops, hunter kites over bombs. Ranged DPS switches to cannons only after the stupid plate debuff is destroyed.
    4. Cannon needs to die after 3rd set of marks before it casts mortar. Can't have mortar (except last cannon). PERIOD. This means your mark folks have to be disciplined and hide behind cannons. If you fail a mark, cannon will most likely not die and you will have mortar and things will spiral out of control and wipe.
    5. There will a 4th set of Marks after cannon dies and before new cannon Pops. Have the OT soak both and heal through it.
    6. Ignore 4th cannon and nuke boss. If you are getting 5th cannon, you dont have DPS to push P2.
    You most certainly have the numbers wrong, it's 2 sets of marks on siegemaker with the 3rd set soaked by the OT.

Wait... people send healers up there?... since when?.. am I missing something here.. My groups never sent healers up to balconies.. (heroic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You most certainly have the numbers wrong, it's 2 sets of marks on siegemaker with the 3rd set soaked by the OT.
    You're right. Fixed it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    Wait... people send healers up there?... since when?.. am I missing something here.. My groups never sent healers up to balconies.. (heroic)
    It's a preference, some send them up to kill more others don't. There's no true "correct" tactic, both work fine honestly. Sending a healer up is good to reduce over all healing needed but ofc you need a fair bit more dps to actually push the boss in a timely manner.