Sub off-hand weapon question.

1h dagger / 1h mace or 1h dagger / 1h dagger?

My current predicament is that I have the heroic oregorger dagger and a normal but warforged one, and I also have 2 HWF forgehammers. I plan to have combat as my offspec.

But anyway, is it better to use my HWF forgehammer for my off-hand or would the normal warforged oregorger dagger be better?

The HWF Hammer for OH. Plug your character into shadowcraft and it will give you a definitive number between weapon combos

Hammer like above said. The rubric for picking for Sub offhands generally is:
    1) Highest item level above all
    2) Daggers preferred over 1-handers
    3) Best stats (multi > mastery > crit > vers > haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaite View Post
    Hammer like above said. The rubric for picking for Sub offhands generally is:
    1) Highest item level above all
    2) Daggers preferred over 1-handers
    3) Best stats (multi > mastery > crit > vers > haste)
    Please do not add to the misconceptions.

There is NO reason to prefer a dagger in the OH over any other type of weapon for Sub. NONE. You can use a ham sandwich as long as it has the right stats. IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER.

You're right on the other two points, though. High ilvl > right stats. The end. No weapon type discussion, no nothing. Hammer, fist, sword, dagger, WHATEVER.

So, let me say it again: The type of offhand weapon does not matter AT ALL for Sub. ONLY the ilvl/stats matter.

Dagger main hand
    Offhand, whatever has the best ilvl>stats ( depending on how much ilvl do you gain )

Shadowcraft your rogue, and see the item that fits best in your offhand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

There is NO reason to prefer a dagger in the OH over any other type of weapon for Sub. NONE. You can use a ham sandwich as long as it has the right stats. IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER.

You're right on the other two points, though. High ilvl > right stats. The end. No weapon type discussion, no nothing. Hammer, fist, sword, dagger, WHATEVER.

So, let me say it again: The type of offhand weapon does not matter AT ALL for Sub. ONLY the ilvl/stats matter.
    why did simcraft pull'd ahead Ko'ragh dagger over Twins axe that has better stats then ? Same ilvl. Weapon type seems to matter.

Deleted

It's funny when you provide such a fanatical response when you're completely wrong. The speed of your offhand does matter, since you get more poison procs with a faster one. If it weren't for main gauche fast offhand would most likely be better for combat as well because of that fact.

I'll reiterate what another guy said earlier;

Highest ilvl > Dagger over 1hand > Secondary attributes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connectedl View Post
    It's funny when you provide such a fanatical response when you're completely wrong. The speed of your offhand does matter, since you get more poison procs with a faster one. If it weren't for main gauche fast offhand would most likely be better for combat as well because of that fact.

I'll reiterate what another guy said earlier;

Highest ilvl > Dagger over 1hand > Secondary attributes
    More crippling poison procs?

Enchants? I mean, you do have an enchant on your OH, and the faster it hits, the more it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassysalmon View Post
    Enchants? I mean, you do have an enchant on your OH, and the faster it hits, the more it procs.
    Everything that I have seen supports this conclusion as well. Weapon procs are obviously not normalized as is evidenced by combat aoe. Weapon enchant procs follow similar rules as far as anyone has been able to support. Shadowcraft seems to support this as well.

Look at ShC: Mythic Flamebender dagger > MWF Hanz and Franz mace. Even MWF Ko'ragh dagger (which is haste/vers, Sub's worst two stats) sims betterthan MWF Twins axe (which is multi/mastery, Sub's best two stats). Weapon type does matter for greatly for procs, like others have already said.

Offhand dagger gives more deadly poison damage.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

It's actually pretty common knowledge at this point that at equal ilvl and stats, dagger OH sims about 100 dps higher than slow OH, more if you're using a mastery enchant in your OH. Both ShC and SimC support this, so if you know something you're not telling us, please enlighten.

Deleted
    There isn't anything he isn't telling us, he just doesn't know what he's talking about

I'm not ashamed to admit I was wrong. From all the info I had I thought I was correct, but checking on what you people said you are in fact right. Daggers do pull ahead slightly.

So, disregard everything I said earlier. Well, mostly anyway.