Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    To be honest I don't even get why nintendo is a 1st party dev and not a 3rd party dev by this point. They could shift so many more game units than they could shift consoles (who have less prof in them to begin with). I guess the peripherals market must be really that lucrative.. or it's just some old guy honor/pride thing..
    nintendo has consistently made more money than sony and microsoft. xbox one is probably microsofts last console, ps4 is doing very well but sony is still hemorrhaging money and have been losing billions of dollars and have been in the red for like the past decade, sony wanted to axe their film division after the hack and their electronics continue to sell like shit. sony in the future will probably become gaming only as the gaming division is the only division at sony that is consistently making any fucking money after they rebounded from the ps3, which is somewhat ironic considering its nintendo who caused sony to create the playstation in the first place by fucking them over.

nintendo however has consistently been in the black for almost the entirety of the companies existence and even with the wiiu doing badly and the 3ds rough launch they still managed to turn a profit and get back into the black (i think they were only in the red like 2 years if im remembering right)

nintendo has more money and financially is in a much better position than microsoft and sony and as long as they dont overproduce the switch they can continue to keep making more money than them. the switch is being sold for profit so as long as they dont make too many of them they wont be losing any money any time soon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nintendo has consistently made more money than sony and microsoft. xbox one is probably microsofts last console, ps4 is doing very well but sony is still hemorrhaging money and have been losing billions of dollars and have been in the red for like the past decade, sony wanted to axe their film division after the hack and their electronics continue to sell like shit. sony in the future will probably become gaming only as the gaming division is the only division at sony that is consistently making any fucking money after they rebounded from the ps3, which is somewhat ironic considering its nintendo who caused sony to create the playstation in the first place by fucking them over.
    I'm sorry but Nintendo do not make more money than Microsoft and do not have more money than microsoft who have $90 billion of reserves. Microsoft could lose billions a year on Xbox and it wouldn't matter (financially, although I think they'll dump the Xbox soon).

nintendo however has consistently been in the black for almost the entirety of the companies existence and even with the wiiu doing badly and the 3ds rough launch they still managed to turn a profit and get back into the black (i think they were only in the red like 2 years if im remembering right)

nintendo has more money and financially is in a much better position than microsoft and sony and as long as they dont overproduce the switch they can continue to keep making more money than them. the switch is being sold for profit so as long as they dont make too many of them they wont be losing any money any time soon
    nintendo makes money on quantity and marketing as child friendly, its been the same since i remember seeing thier ads. The switch has next to no redeaming qualities. Also this is not microsofts last console, and as far as sony goes they are looking to get rid of thier films and other divisions, if anything i can see sony gaming going on its own since it seems to be the only successfull sony division.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you're losing signal 15 feet away you either have a brick wall between the console, a shit load of plumbing in the wall obstructing it or more then likely have a shit wifi setup in your house interfering with the signal. The later is almost always the case with shit like this.

Everyone's walls are studs and dry wall. DryWall isn't messing with and wifi signal ever. If you think the wall itself is ever the issue you don't know how it works, unless you live in an ancient ass brick house that has legit brick walls.
    some people have more than studs and drywall in the middle of thier walls, vents, wiring and more. its subjective as well since everyones house is different, iv never enjoyed good range on the wii u tablet regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm sorry but Nintendo do not make more money than Microsoft and do not have more money than microsoft who have $90 billion of reserves. Microsoft could lose billions a year on Xbox and it wouldn't matter (financially, although I think they'll dump the Xbox soon).
    i meant from gaming. microsoft makes more from windows and stuff but the xbox brand has never made them much money and their investors are always trying to get them to sell it off
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i meant from gaming. microsoft makes more from windows and stuff but the xbox brand has never made them much money and their investors are always trying to get them to sell it off
    and it hasnt happened yet and i doubt it will, xbox is doing heaps better than at it was at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so why did you throw in all of Sonys losses which have nothing to do with gaming and take out all of Microsofts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    nintendo makes money on quantity and marketing as child friendly, its been the same since i remember seeing thier ads. The switch has next to no redeaming qualities. Also this is not microsofts last console, and as far as sony goes they are looking to get rid of thier films and other divisions, if anything i can see sony gaming going on its own since it seems to be the only successfull sony division.

- - - Updated - - -

some people have more than studs and drywall in the middle of thier walls, vents, wiring and more. its subjective as well since everyones house is different, iv never enjoyed good range on the wii u tablet regardless.
    the switch beats the fuck out of the 3ds in every respect except price.

this is what the 3ds launched with

nintendo was so fucking retarded they thought they could sell a 250$ console with GOD DAMN PILOT WINGS AND NINTENDOGS

the switch is launching with zelda, and within the first month a mario kart.

the 3ds had so few worthwhile games on it that it somehow fucking made fire emblem relevant (not dissing fire emblem, but lets be honest, awakening wouldnt have gotten the attention and the sales it got if there was anything else to fucking play on it)

and this is coming from someone who bought a 3ds on launch day. i hadnt kept up with the news and i had thought ocarina of time was launching with it, i got to the store bought my 3ds and was forced to buy nintendogs and then i set something on fire because that was more fucking fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so why did you throw in all of Sonys losses which have nothing to do with gaming and take out all of Microsofts?
    because like i said, i imagine sony will shift to a gaming only company as time goes on as its the only division at sonys that is keeping them afloat.

sony hasnt made a profit since 2008, theyre in a very tough position even with the ps4 doing so well.

the switch beats the fuck out of the 3ds in every respect except price.

this is what the 3ds launched with

nintendo was so fucking retarded they thought they could sell a 250$ console with GOD DAMN PILOT WINGS AND NINTENDOGS

the switch is launching with zelda, and within the first month a mario kart.

the 3ds had so few worthwhile games on it that it somehow fucking made fire emblem relevant (not dissing fire emblem, but lets be honest, awakening wouldnt have gotten the attention and the sales it got if there was anything else to fucking play on it)

and this is coming from someone who bought a 3ds on launch day. i hadnt kept up with the news and i had thought ocarina of time was launching with it, i got to the store bought my 3ds and was forced to buy nintendogs and then i set something on fire because that was more fucking fun.
    3ds was backwards compatible, is the switch? the 3ds had every game from the ds on it so that pic isnt really accurate. but for the ds? yeh the ds sucked balls untill pokemon came out on it.

and it hasnt happened yet and i doubt it will, xbox is doing heaps better than at it was at launch.
    i suspect xbox will remain as a gaming brand but not as a console one. scorpio will probably be a flop like ps4 pro is and with all future microsoft games coming to pc theyre already essentially a 3rd party dev now

- - - Updated - - -

3ds was backwards compatible, is the switch? the 3ds had every game from the ds on it so that pic isnt really accurate. but for the ds? yeh the ds sucked balls untill pokemon came out on it.
    i very very much doubt alot of people who bought the 3ds bought it to play ds games.

backwards compatibility is a nice feature but it isnt a system seller when ds was already owned by almost fucking everyone on the planet already, the only console that outsold the ds was the ps2, everyone who wanted one had one and could buy ds games for it.

it be nice if the switch was backwards compatible but saying the 3ds is better than the switch at launch because you could play games for a system you already owned is grasping at straws. even if the switch was backwards compatible with 3ds it probably wouldnt help it very much, being wiiu backwards compatible would probably be more of a system selling feature for it since most people who will buy most likely have a 3ds but dont have a wiiu.

the worst case scenario for lacking 3ds backwards compatibility is "oh, i have to turn my 3ds back on if i want to play echoes"

10+ Year Old Account
    sony hasnt made a profit since 2008, theyre in a very tough position even with the ps4 doing so well.
    They made a profit last year and are on track to make profits for the next 2 and its not all down to the PS4.

i suspect xbox will remain as a gaming brand but not as a console one. scorpio will probably be a flop like ps4 pro is and with all future microsoft games coming to pc theyre already essentially a 3rd party dev now

- - - Updated - - -

i very very much doubt alot of people who bought the 3ds bought it to play ds games.

backwards compatibility is a nice feature but it isnt a system seller when ds was already owned by almost fucking everyone on the planet already, the only console that outsold the ds was the ps2, everyone who wanted one had one and could buy ds games for it.

it be nice if the switch was backwards compatible but saying the 3ds is better than the switch at launch because you could play games for a system you already owned is grasping at straws. even if the switch was backwards compatible with 3ds it probably wouldnt help it very much, being wiiu backwards compatible would probably be more of a system selling feature for it since most people who will buy most likely have a 3ds but dont have a wiiu.

the worst case scenario for lacking 3ds backwards compatibility is "oh, i have to turn my 3ds back on if i want to play echoes"
    I dont think people bought the 3ds to play ds games but i think most nintendo handheld gamers allready had ds games so still had shit to play on it. As far as the scorpio untill we were specifics i doubt it will flop like the ps4 pro. if we learned anything from this and the last generation sony and MS watch each other and see were the other flops and do the exact opposite, ps4 pro is a marginal upgrade that cant even play sonys own brand of 4k blueray. but anywho back to nintendo.

they only turned a profit because of how many offices they shut down and sold off. they were still at an loss for the majority of the year.

unless they sell off and shut down alot more of their unprofitable divisions theyre not going to turn a profit this year

i doubt it will flop like the ps4 pro.
    Same, it will flop even worse then the PS4 Pro.

If there wasn't a market for a mid gen PS4 upgrade, there sure as hell isn't one for the Xbox One.

This is true. But having access to that library, especially for handheld consoles where you're less likely to carry around multiple consoles, can help make the jump to the next generation easy. You don't lose any of your old games (did the DS even have much of a digital store?), so you can adopt early even if there's not many new initial games you want.

Backwards compatibility is usually pretty high on the list of what folks want from new versions of a console, at least if memory serves.

I dont think people bought the 3ds to play ds games but i think most nintendo handheld gamers allready had ds games so still had shit to play on it.
    "i spent 250$ on this console but thats okay because i can play these games for a console i already owned that look worse on this one" again, how is this a good thing? ds games looked like shit on the regular 3ds and only looked good on a 3ds xl and like i said, they didnt need to buy a 3ds to play those games. the 3ds was doa until its massive price cut and games came out for it that were actually worth owning it for.

switch year one destroys 3ds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is true. But having access to that library, especially for handheld consoles where you're less likely to carry around multiple consoles, can help make the jump to the next generation easy. You don't lose any of your old games (did the DS even have much of a digital store?), so you can adopt early even if there's not many new initial games you want.

Backwards compatibility is usually pretty high on the list of what folks want from new versions of a console, at least if memory serves.
    only the dsi had an eshop.

yes it makes it easier, but its irrelevant if the new system doesnt have anything worth upgrading for. especially when like i said, ds games looked worse on 3ds due to the screen not being big enough and making the games look squished and the colours washed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the scorpio untill we were specifics i doubt it will flop like the ps4 pro. .
    You expect people to jump to the Scorpio when they didn't jump to the ps4 pro...not that its a flop yet of course.

You expect people to jump to the Scorpio when they didn't jump to the ps4 pro...not that its a flop yet of course.
    ps4 pro came out to early and with to much missing, if you already had the console there wasnt a real point in getting it, it was pretty much comparable to the xbox one s. rumors are and again rumors the scorpio will be a much bigger leap in performance and i doubt we will see it before xmas, who knows what the state of this generation will be by then. Im not saying people will flock but i doubt ms will make a mistake like sony did. They one up each other each time one trips, this generation has been rife with that.

Here's people talking about their experiences playing the Switch vs Wii U version of Zelda. TO BE FAIR, the Wii U version is 720p and the Switch is 900p. I can't really see the "it's just not finished" argument. If that were the case, the Wii U version should have issues too.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-01-25 at 12:12 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Well to be fair, Nintendogs was one of the first titles that really started to sell the original DS. Before that it wasn't really doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    ps4 pro came out to early and with to much missing, if you already had the console there wasnt a real point in getting it, it was pretty much comparable to the xbox one s. rumors are and again rumors the scorpio will be a much bigger leap in performance and i doubt we will see it before xmas, who knows what the state of this generation will be by then. Im not saying people will flock but i doubt ms will make a mistake like sony did. They one up each other each time one trips, this generation has been rife with that.
    Microsoft is in a far worse position in terms of exclusive games at least in terms of the games we know about. Although Microsoft has always been dead last when it came to exclusives. Not that their exclusives are bad, Halo and Gears of War are a lot of fun, but they don't have many exclusive franchises outside of a few that people care about.

A more expensive console (there's no way this thing is coming in at a 400 dollar price point if it's as powerful as they say) with very few games, most of which you can play on PC isn't going to succeed. If the PS4 pro wasn't successful then the Scorpio certainly won't be.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Switch might be the first Nintendo console in a very long time where people may actually choose to play 3rd party titles on it. The past 2 generations, the consoles have been markedly inferior hardware-wise so no one would opt to play a 3rd party game on their Wii U when they have a PS4 that will simply look better.

But with the Switch, the option to take it portable would provide a real decision for the consumer to make. Now it's a question of portability versus fidelity. Sure, games like Disgaea 5 are on PS4 but honestly it seems far more appealing to me to have the ability to take that game with me on the go, so I'd go for Nintendo Switch over PS4 in this case. Games like The Witcher 3 are also a toss up. On one hand having it look amazing during long play sessions is cool, but due to the length of the game, the ability to chip away at it even when not at home is also nice.

Those options are what excite me about the potential of the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately it seems like the big players are still waiting and seeing, but Nintendo has finally provided a reason to buy 3rd party games on their console over their competitors.