Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wasn't even talking about you. Im more throwing all of that at tech who claimed that the sales were pathetic.
    They kind of are. Had they produced more units and kept them in stock it would have sold better.

It's just as bad that 3 of the games make up half the software sales.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the Switch launched in the holiday season, software would probably be nearly double. Possibly not due to the lack of third parties at this stage, but sales are very good considering what games are out.

That is what ive said. No where did I imply Zelda would sell double. I implied that total software sales would be be nearly double. And then I said possibly not due to the lack of third party games. Stop cherry picking things I say.

Had the Switch launched in the holiday season, software would probably be nearly double. Possibly not due to the lack of third parties at this stage, but sales are very good considering what games are out.

That is what ive said. No where did I imply Zelda would sell double. I implied that total software sales would be be nearly double. And then I said possibly not due to the lack of third party games. Stop cherry picking things I say.
    How would software sell nearly double if the Switch had stock issues?

No way you can account for nearly 13 million more sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They kind of are. Had they produced more units and kept them in stock it would have sold better.

It's just as bad that 3 of the games make up half the software sales.
    And now I bring up Microsoft again who sold a similar number of units. Were those sales pathetic as well? And to be clear, the Xbox One was selling much much faster than the 360 at that point.

And now I bring up Microsoft again who sold a similar number of units. Were those sales pathetic as well? And to be clear, the Xbox One was selling much much faster than the 360 at that point.
    What a shock deflecting to other game companies.

We get it. Nintendo can do no wrong here.

Want to have a discussion or do you want to keep deflecting to other companies in an attempt to make the Switch appear better?

Zelda BOTW the only game ever to sell 110% system sells (and was sold out nearly everywhere) would have somehow did nearly double if it was holiday season.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Parents buy shit loads of games during the holidays. Zelda would have sold a similar amount albeit probably slightly more because of the holidays, but other games would have sold a lot more. You dont buy a kid a system with 1 game. I always got at least 3 games if not 4 or 5. I even said almost double. I then said maybe not btw. Sales would have been significantly higher if the Switch launched in the Holidays. Significantly higher could be anything from 30-100% more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Zelda BOTW the only game ever to sell 110% system sells (and was sold out nearly everywhere) would have somehow did nearly double if it was holiday season.

No fucking way they sell that many on just Zelda. If the Switch launched with its full Library as of end of June it would have sold at least 20m games.

Parents buy shit loads of games during the holidays. Zelda would have sold a similar amount albeit probably slightly more because of the holidays, but other games would have sold a lot more. You dont buy a kid a system with 1 game. I always got at least 3 games if not 4 or 5. I even said almost double. I then said maybe not btw. Sales would have been significantly higher if the Switch launched in the Holidays. Significantly higher could be anything from 30-100% more.
    And how would it have sold more copies when the Switch was having stock issues?

What were people just gonna go buy the game on it's own?

10+ Year Old Account

Oh look at all that solid factual data that you are presenting! How about triple, or quadruple sales?

Real fact: You have no clue how sales would have been during the holiday season for the Switch. Also by that logic if they had double the stock, they would have sold double the amount of Zelda games? just lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you fucking kidding me. Are you blind? I have said numerous times that Zelda would not have sold a lot more. You literal are cherry picking everything In say, and even some stuff I didnt say. I said Total software sales including all games would have been NEARLY Double possibly had the Switch launched around Holiday. That doesnt mean double 13m. That means double launch month sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Oh look at all that solid factual data that you are presenting! How about triple, or quadruple sales?

Real fact: You have no clue how sales would have been during the holiday season for the Switch. Also by that logic if they had double the stock, they would have sold double the amount of Zelda games? just lol.
    Holy fuck I think I just agreed with Jaylock.

That or I'm so tired I'm seeing shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I want an elebits game for switch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

That means double launch month sales.
    ...so like I said 220%....

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/27/15...s-switch-wii-u

That 110% I talked about was launch sells, Not the 13M sells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I want an elebits game for switch
    What is elebits?

10+ Year Old Account

Fucking look it up. Every company sees HUGE Software boosts during the last quarter. Thats party due to a bunch of good games launching then, but also because its Christmas. I never said 100% double. I said nearly. Nearly could be anything from 70% more to 100% more.

- - - Updated - - -

...so like I said 220%....

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/27/15...s-switch-wii-u

That 110% I talked about was launch sells, Not the 13M sells.

- - - Updated - - -

What is elebits?
    Not of fucking Zelda Jesus Christ. Are you ignoring everything Im saying? Really? Double launch month sales means double the total combined software sales for all games. Not Zelda.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy fuck I think I just agreed with Jaylock.

That or I'm so tired I'm seeing shit.
    So you are trying to say that the Switch would not have sold more games had it launched in Q4? double was just an estimation on my part. I said nearly double. In the same fucking post I said maybe not, but all you saw was what you wanted to see.

Not of fucking Zelda Jesus Christ. Are you ignoring everything Im saying? Really? Double launch month sales means double the total combined software sales for all games. Not Zelda.
    AND ONE OF THOSE GAMES IS FUCKEN ZELDA.

You keep saying 2+2=fish and it doesn't. If it doubled the total combined software sales THAT WOULD REQUIRE EACH GAME TO SELL DOUBLE.

ZELDA IS ONE OF THOSE GAMES. Jesus fucken Christ learn basic math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking look it up. Every company sees HUGE Software boosts during the last quarter. Thats party due to a bunch of good games launching then, but also because its Christmas. I never said 100% double. I said nearly. Nearly could be anything from 70% more to 100% more.
    Why not triple? Or better yet, why not quintuple!? How about *GASP* 100x the sales! If you are just throwing arbitrary numbers out there, why not make it 1Mx the number of sales!?

Nintendo has always been a solid HW & SW manufacturer for gaming, but to throw up baseless numbers and just say "nearly" doesn't serve to prove anything other than you know how to pull numbers right out of your ass.

You keep saying 2+2=fish and it isn't. If it doubled the total combined software sales THAT WOULD REQUIRE EACH GAME TO SELL DOUBLE.

Dude, come on. He's meaning double overall sales for software, not double the specific launch titles and only those.

Real talk though, this discussion is pretty much going in circles right now. We get it, everyone is sticking with their positions. Sometimes, you just need to agree that you'll not see eye to eye on a topic and move on, otherwise you're just beating the dead horse because you're determined to get the last swing in on it.

10+ Year Old Account

You keep saying 2+2=fish and it doesn't. If it doubled the total combined software sales THAT WOULD REQUIRE EACH GAME TO SELL DOUBLE.

Fucking 100% this.

How are you not getting this @Chickat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dude, come on. He's meaning double overall sales for software, not double the specific launch titles and only those.

Real talk though, this discussion is pretty much going in circles right now. We get it, everyone is sticking with their positions. Sometimes, you just need to agree that you'll not see eye to eye on a topic and move on, otherwise you're just beating the dead horse because you're determined to get the last swing in on it.
    I get what you are saying, but when the math doesn't add up, its a blatant fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes and those software sales was a handful of games one of them being zelda. To double overall sales of software the software itself would have to sell double.

Zelda is one of those software sales. Unless he thinks 1-2 Switch and Bomberman R will somehow make up the difference. The only game that sold worth a dam was Zelda.

Fucking 100% this.

How are you not getting this @Chickat?

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you are saying, but when the math doesn't add up, its a blatant fallacy.
    As I said never understood why people go to great lengths to defend Nintendo.

Switch is an amazing system. It has it's fair share of issues though.