Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Xenoblade 2 is being localized by NoE not treehouse.
    In addition to this, Monolith Soft, NCL, NoA, and NoE are all communicating about localization changes, so any last minute censorship would probably be minor.

https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronic...nge-1796157409

“When we have costumes or clothes that we have a little concern with, we share it with NoE and NoA and they’ll say, ‘No, no, that’s fine’ or ‘You’re right, that’s an issue,’” Yokota said. “If it is an issue, we’ll go back and say we’ll say, ‘We adjusted it this way, what do you think?’ There’s a lot of back and forth in that sense. Rather than compromise, it’s like we’re all aiming for the same goal, of being able to provide a good experience for everybody in all regions. And we’re aiming to have a game that has very little difference between the regions.”

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Xenoblade 2 is being localized by NoE not treehouse.
    Its more than who localizes it, it also depends on the ESRB in North America and has been shown to be quite strict when it comes to scantly clad girls who appear to be underage. Not that I support such things but sometimes they can get a little out of hand and sensor a bit too much to qualify for a lower rating.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Its more than who localizes it, it also depends on the ESRB in North America and has been shown to be quite strict when it comes to scantly clad girls who appear to be underage. Not that I support such things but sometimes they can get a little out of hand and sensor a bit too much to qualify for a lower rating.
    No offense but you have no clue what you're talking about. SFV is rated T and some of the costumes in that game are far worse then typical JRPG fan service. Xenoblade 2 isn't going to have any issue reaching a T rating.

Cleavage and skin doesn't draw an M rating.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    In addition to this, Monolith Soft, NCL, NoA, and NoE are all communicating about localization changes, so any last minute censorship would probably be minor.

https://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronic...nge-1796157409
    good experience for everybody in all regions
    Is what concerns me as one can take this as sub M or T in NA to make it as wide spread a game fitting to a larger range of age groups. Think that's out of line with the possibilities? Nope. I just have this gut feeling some number crunching egghead decides a T+10 rating and/or small clothing changes would bring in more $ and less negative coverage but they need to censor some superficial changes aka clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

No offense but you have no clue what you're talking about. SFV is rated T and some of the costumes in that game are far worse then typical JRPG fan service. Xenoblade 2 isn't going to have any issue reaching a T rating.

Cleavage and skin doesn't draw an M rating.
    SFV doesn't have 12 year old girls asses exposed in see thru costumes but XC2 sure does.

Also, its not simply the rating here, its the target audience and negative press. While in Japan, costumes that sexualize young teens might be more acceptable, here in the US, sexualizing women of any age gets pretty much instant feminist blowback. Overwatch Tracer anyone?

Different companies yes, but lets be real here, who is more likely to worry about negative press about oversexualizing of women/young girls in a product they are responsible for, Blizzard or Nintendo?
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-10-24 at 02:35 AM.

Well I'll be getting a Switch for xmas for sure now, with a mainline SMT game announced.

snip
    You're pretty much concern trolling at this point. You keep goalpost moving when the argument doesn't suit your agenda. Google Menat's mummy costume, a girl who is modeled and looks 15-16 at most regardless of what her "age" is.

Still a T rating.

Xenoblade 2 has nothing worth censoring, is being localized by a team that never censors, is a WW launch and can't have changes not in the entire game. We're done here. Not sure why I even bothered to reply after talking about Blizzard like they have anything to do with this.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're pretty much concern trolling at this point. You keep goalpost moving when the argument doesn't suit your agenda. Google Menat's mummy costume, a girl who is modeled and looks 15-16 at most regardless of what her "age" is.

Still a T rating.

Xenoblade 2 has nothing worth censoring, is being localized by a team that never censors, is a WW launch and can't have changes not in the entire game. We're done here. Not sure why I even bothered to reply after talking about Blizzard like they have anything to do with this.
    Wait, so you can bring up SFV but I cant bring up Overwatch? Right. Also, don't give me the they cant sensor crap, they had already sensored SMO in the US apparently a friggen sombrero triggered people.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-10-24 at 02:45 AM.

The only censorship for Xenoblade 2 I can see right now is this BLADE:

If you take a look at her introduction video, there is a lot of jiggle, despite her having a much smaller bust than Pyra. I could easily see NoA wanting to tone it down a smidge.

Wait, so you can bring up SFV but I cant bring up Overwatch? Right.
    Your argument makes zero sense. Games don't get a M rating due to clothing and your compression to Overwatch makes even less sense.

You do realize what the updated pose is based on right?

Also IMO its a way more fitting pose and way more sexual.

Tales of Berseria is a T rated game with young girls in skimpy cloths and that's just one example. Cloths only will never push a game to M rating, It takes a lot more to do that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your argument makes zero sense. Games don't get a M rating due to clothing and your compression to Overwatch makes even less sense.

You do realize what the updated pose is based on right?

Also IMO its a way more fitting pose and way more sexual.

Tales of Berseria is a T rated game with young girls in skimpy cloths and that's just one example. Cloths only will never push a game to M rating, It takes a lot more to do that.
    Yes I did, but like I said before, my concern isn't simply the ESRB rating but any negative press that may pressure Nintendo and or whatever company that is localizing the game getting pressured by Nintendo to modify the game to avoid the typical SJWs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fire emblem warriors is so awesome. I lub my corrin.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The only censorship for Xenoblade 2 I can see right now is this BLADE:

*snip

If you take a look at her introduction video, there is a lot of jiggle, despite her having a much smaller bust than Pyra. I could easily see NoA wanting to tone it down a smidge.
    and this @ 4s in.... yeah that's getting a look at. Keep in mind this is only the intro video. Imagine the SJW outrage when this 12 year olds ass is vertical smiling at you from the see thru window in her backside as she follows you around in the game for hours at end.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-10-24 at 03:00 AM.

And in on censorship news:

Yes I did, but like I said before, my concern isn't simply the ESRB rating but any negative press that may pressure Nintendo and or whatever company that is localizing the game getting pressured by Nintendo to modify the game to avoid the typical SJWs.
    The game isn't getting modify, Not cause of ESRB and not because of "SWJ". You made a claim that ESRB enforces changes like that when it doesn't.

Also like I said clothing doesn't effect ESRB unless there is no clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

and this @ 4s in.... yeah that's getting a look at. Keep in mind this is only the intro video. Imagine the SJW outrage when this 12 year olds ass is vertical smiling at you from the see thru window in her backside as she follows you around in the game for hours at end.
    Is this your first JRPG? Because it really seems like it. Your looking for a boogie man that isn't there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon better deliver my copy of SMO on launch day.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't getting modify, Not cause of ESRB and not because of "SWJ". You made a claim that ESRB enforces changes like that when it doesn't.

Also like I said clothing doesn't effect ESRB unless there is no clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your first JRPG? Because it really seems like it. Your looking for a boogie man that isn't there.
    I know ESRB doesn't enforce content censors, this isn't the PRC here.

JRPG is pretty much all I play, at least since the NES and SMS. Like I said, I am not expecting a full censor here, all I am saying is I question the level of censor if any. I hope its none but Nintendo being Nintendo, typically you get a it in there somewhere. If we don't get changes its a good thing because Nintendo has a history of it in order to keep their family friendly reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Amazon better deliver my copy of SMO on launch day.
    What are the odds the servers will crash at launch from the # of people trying to get it digital.

I know ESRB doesn't enforce content censors, this isn't the PRC here.

JRPG is pretty much all I play, at least since the NES and SMS. Like I said, I am not expecting a full censor here, all I am saying is I question the level of censor if any. I hope its none but Nintendo being Nintendo, typically you get a it in there somewhere. If we don't get changes its a good thing because Nintendo has a history of it in order to keep their family friendly reputation.
    You do realize a lot of the games that get "censored" isn't Nintendo right? A example being the recent bravely game that was done by Square Enix only. I can't recall Nintendo themselves censoring games and in recent years Nintendo has been way more open about games on there platform.

No More Heroes,Resident Evil and so on being a example of un-family friendly games.

Edit: Hell the Switch is getting Doom and Wolfenstein 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-10-24 at 03:38 AM.

You do realize a lot of the games that get "censored" isn't Nintendo right? A example being the recent bravely game that was done by Square Enix only. I can't recall Nintendo themselves censoring games and in recent years Nintendo has been way more open about games on there platform.

No More Heroes,Resident Evil and so on being a example of un-family friendly games.

Edit: Hell the Switch is getting Doom and Wolfenstein 2.
    Have a feeling one of those 2 games is going to see some downtoning. Probably Wolfenstein 2.

Do we not remember Wolfenstein on the SNES and the supposed mayhem that ensued after with Super Noah's 3D Ark?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Have a feeling one of those 2 games is going to see some downtoning. Probably Wolfenstein 2.

Do we not remember Wolfenstein on the SNES and the supposed mayhem that ensued after?
    Ya but a lot has changed since the SNES and Doom on The Switch has already been played and its the same as the PC/Console versions(Just looks/runs worse). You can't water down Wolfenstien 2 there wouldn't be enough watering down to stop it from being what it is.

Lots many not want to admit it but Nintendo has loosen upped on what they allow on there platform. The only games getting censored is games from 3rd party dev's who decide to do that. Like Square Enix did with the second bravely game.

Only thing I can think of Nintendo censoring was a emote in Mario Kart 8.

Ya but a lot has changed since the SNES and Doom on The Switch has already been played and its the same as the PC/Console versions(Just looks/runs worse). You can't water down Wolfenstien 2 there wouldn't be enough watering down to stop it from being what it is.
    Uhm.....

http://wolfenstein.wikia.com/wiki/SN...Wolfenstein_3D

Don't ever doubt Nintendo!

They literally removed Hitlers mustache, changed his name, removed the awesome death animation and literally renamed the bad guys to the "Master State".

The Japanese version took it one step further if you read that.

But yeah to add to what you posted it does seem like Nintendo are loosening up. I was more joking based on what they did to Wolfenstein 3D on SNES.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-24 at 03:53 AM.