Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    That monster hunter announcement made me so freaking happy, especially the cross-platform multiplayer.
    I do really hope that we dont have to wait 1,5 years for a western release this time.
    At least Nintendo joined the current century and the Switch is region free if Capcom drags their knuckles localizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    At least Nintendo joined the current century and the Switch is region free if Capcom drags their knuckles localizing it.
    True, but i understand shit of japanese.
    Thats the sole reason ihavent bought dragonquest heroes yet.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/monster-h...-debut-trailer

August 25th for Monster Hunter XX Switch.

Switch bundle for 36,280 yen or about 325 USD.

Data can be transferred between 3DS and Switch versions of XX, and Generations data can be transferred to the Switch XX, but not back to Generations.

No matter how well made they are you're never going to be able to do inputs faster with your wrist then you can with your thumbs and fingers.
    If you mean this about gaming in general, and not just fighting games, I think you have misunderstood something. People don't always go for what's the fastest and most precise way of controlling your character/object in the game. If that was true, console FPS would not exist. The Wii would have failed.
    Mother pus bucket!

20 year old game using outsourced HD sprites from a 5 year old version of said game that was $15. I don't need your clickbait video to tell me it's not worth $40. Digital Foundry is really falling off if they're resorting to garbage like this.
    Its funny that u make childish comments like this and yet Digital Foundry agree's with u saying its not worth $40.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Definitely still the 3ds version but with higher res textures and models. Looks like a decent looking Ps2 games, or bad ps3 game. Still much more playable than the 240p for the 3ds. Hoping its 60 fps, thought they might keep it 30 to have it at parity with 3ds players during crossplay.
    I think its likely it will be 60FPS but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-27 at 10:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    If you mean this about gaming in general, and not just fighting games, I think you have misunderstood something. People don't always go for what's the fastest and most precise way of controlling your character/object in the game. If that was true, console FPS would not exist. The Wii would have failed.
    The thing about console online fps games is they got a reputation of being pick up and play with the Xbox thanks to all you need was to buy the console they were on, buy the game, hook everything up, and have a decent interent. Wheras with PC fps games, to get a decent experience you either needed to spend a lot, or you needed to build your own.

Then hard drive preloading, online subscriptions, and day one patches kinda muddled things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its funny that u make childish comments like this and yet Digital Foundry agree's with u saying its not worth $40.......
    You mean they pointed out the obvious? Which is exactly what I was saying?

That's exactly why DF is heading downhill with clickbait like most do.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Dude, I am so fucking excited about Nintendo's E3 Direct thingy, I hope we'll see some cool new games come out of their best IPs.

I don't think you understand fighting games, and not sure what this comment was trying to say tbh. Fighting games have absolutely nothing to do with console fps or why the Wii succeeded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think its likely it will be 60FPS but I could be wrong.
    Highly doubtful, most Japanese low budget engines tie logic to framerate and the trailer was clearly 30 fps. Not that it couldn't run at 60, just that it most likely won't.

I don't think you understand fighting games, and not sure what this comment was trying to say tbh. Fighting games have absolutely nothing to do with console fps or why the Wii succeeded.
    Hmm, well I wasn't commenting on fighting games at all. As i specified, if he meant controllers in general, I think he had a narrow view on people's enjoyment of gaming. Not sure what you meant about the console fps and Wii bit, please explain.
    Mother pus bucket!

Hmm, well I wasn't commenting on fighting games at all. As i specified, if he meant controllers in general, I think he had a narrow view on people's enjoyment of gaming. Not sure what you meant about the console fps and Wii bit, please explain.
    "Enjoyment of gaming" Yea that might work week 1 when every Switch owner is thirsty and using the gimmick controls online, but after those people abandon the game faster then a NRS game you're going to be left with competitive people online and be at a major disadvantage using a gimmick control setup.

We're talking about a genre that has developed things like the hit box and smash box to get inputs faster, and those are very minor things compared to wrist movement vs button inputs.

It's sort of like the players who still refuse to use gyro in Splatoon and get destroyed because of it, those players are few and far between now as they all left because of getting destroyed.

When you offer 2 different control schemes in a competitive game, the superior one is going to take over the online and people who refuse to use it will be at a disadvantage, lose over and over and quit the game instead of trying to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Dude, I am so fucking excited about Nintendo's E3 Direct thingy, I hope we'll see some cool new games come out of their best IPs.
    I am very excited as well, as a side note I am hoping (not expecting) that we get a Zelda similar to a link between worlds for the Switch soon.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Tried ARMS at the London Comicon today and i'll be damned if that isn't smash bros style fun without all the item and later power move stuff. Definitely a fighting game and not the power stone style game i expected. Didn't have all the character playable but i wrecked shit as minmin with her combo or left hook boomerang and dragon laser.

and yes everyone played minmin and ribbon girl unless they were "i ONLY play 'gief" guys who naturally picked master mummy

Ended up ordering Disgaea 5 for the Switch.

Never got that far into it on the PS4, so hopefully the portability will help out. Issue being, Amazon had no more copies left, so I have to wait a month to restock, and then they'll ship it out. I have plenty to fill the gap anyway I suppose.

Now the question is what to do with the PS4 copy of Disgaea 5 that I have

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I really hope we get to see a new Mario Sunshine or Luigi's mansion on this console, maybe even a new Pokemon Colosseum.

I want a new gale of darkness
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I really hope we get to see a new Mario Sunshine or Luigi's mansion on this console, maybe even a new Pokemon Colosseum.
    Long overdue for a new Pokemon Colosseum/stadium in my opinion, since the last one was on the Wii.

Granted, maybe it wasn't as popular anymore, but would be enjoyable I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Long overdue for a new Pokemon Colosseum/stadium in my opinion, since the last one was on the Wii.

Granted, maybe it wasn't as popular anymore, but would be enjoyable I think.
    Wasn't the point of them to see 3D Pokemon models from the handheld games battle each other?

Don't the main line games already accomplish that now?

/shrug Seems like a waste of resources today.

Welp, USF2 was number one of Amazon for a day, ARMS pre order just topped it out,

RIP Ultra mega overloaded super omega delta Street Fighter 2 ultimate turbo hd remix: 40 dollar edition.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Welp, USF2 was number one of Amazon for a day, ARMS pre order just topped it out,

RIP Ultra mega overloaded super omega delta Street Fighter 2 ultimate turbo hd remix: 40 dollar edition.
    Shows how thirsty for games Switch owners are if they're dropping $40 on a 25 year old game.

Also not even the best version of said game. That would be the version that was $15 at launch.