Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    To be fair though a lot of that has to do with it being a massive open world with a lot of assets to render. I'm rather impressed Skyrim will run as well as it will upon release considering. On the other hand, DOOM is a lot more enclosed and easily manipulated to boost performance and can even be dialed down further in given regards from the options you see on PC.

I personally though, won't buy it if it doesn't run at 60fps. It's pointless to me.
    Ya but DOOM and Wolfenstein and Particle effects and light/shadows going off and that seems to be the issue games have on The Switch. Mario Xcom even has its moments where it dips under 30 slightly.

Now I could see them running the games unlocked so it can go up to 60FPS, But I personally don't see a locked 60fps happening. Hope they prove me wrong tho but ether way those games are cool to have on a portable system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Need the octopath demo to go live.

I need to see the game on the Switch screen.

I like everything about the game but those retro sprites looked like ass on my monitor, the environments looked great but those retro sprites looked so horribly out of place. Hopefully it looks better on the portable screen and I can get past what I think is a bad aesthetic because the idea and team behind the game is promising.
    Tech, I'm not sure if you know this, but the download for Octopath's demo is avalible. Not sure if it is running. Gotta download it first.

Pretty excited about this Octopath demo i'm downloading. Love the art style and the Bravely Team is my [AESTHETIC]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/908097665283481600

Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud announced during the Japanese Direct.
    Too bad it's not native. Same as PS4 remote play then, which I already do anyways.
    There are some reasons I can think of. First one it requires 60GBs+ for the PS4 / PC version. Vita version while it has a shared block with PS4/PC is limited in it's control and graphics. It still too however requires 15GBs.
    CPU is extremely weak and the PS4 already has some performance issues in the lobby with 50+ people, granted that's an issue with every system but it's still a problem, especially on a weaker CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, think you're under estimating the capability of the system. It is also questionable why they would release it all if they couldn't achieve 60 because that arguably defeats the point of the game for many.

You might be right, don't get me wrong but I'd be surprised.
    It's capabilities actually aren't that great. It's 1:1 the Tegra X1 SoC going by die shot. There's no underestimating the thing, it's just not a good SoC. A57, the performance cores is a power hungry / inefficient CPU. 256CC Maxwell is very meh at this point and outperformed by Adreno 530/540 and is way more efficient than the CCs. The SoC in Switch is downclocked from the typical clock rate of an X1, so it's even weaker. If we talk FLOPs, sure it's faster than the PS3/Xb360, but only by 50%. In turn a PS3 to PS4 is 780% difference.

Sega need to stop fucking about and do an official Western release of Phantasy Star Online 2.

They have been working more on Odyssey.

Top picture is the initial trailers, and the bottom is the same scene from today's trailers.

Okay so finished the 'Octopath Traveler' demo as Primrose and I freaking loved it.

Got beat down hard by the first boss though. >: Went back, spent some time grinding money to go buy all of the gear back in town. A few more potions. Having done that though gave me a better gist of the combat so when I returned to the boss, I absolutely obliterated. XD

Super old school but it's still very pretty and brought back good memories.

So this direct was amazing and sad at the same time.

First off no true Mario party. Hasn't been a good one since 8 when there wasn't that stupid fucking car. Secondly nothing about stardew valley and lastly WHERE THE FUCK IS ANIMAL CROSSING HELLO?!?!?!

Now the good news. Hell yes on DOOM and I NEED OCTOPATH IN MY LIFE LIKE OMG and Mario looks more amazing than before.

The direct was pretty good over all just where the fuck is animal crossing....

- - - Updated - - -

also I want to say how terrible Xenoblade 2 looks. Oh my god the voice acting with the lack of character animations is so fucking cringy the lip sync is even off like really and the combat looks super slow
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had a Skies of Arcadia vibe, I had to look away because I think they revealed too much.

I see more reasons all the time to get a Switch, my mind is changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

also I want to say how terrible Xenoblade 2 looks. Oh my god the voice acting with the lack of character animations is so fucking cringy the lip sync is even off like really and the combat looks super slow
    That's odd because for some reason I liked it, it's very reminiscent of Dreamcast JRPG's
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Ok moving on to more important things.

Mario can decorate the inside of his ship yaaaaaaasss
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/13/...ntendo-switch/

DOOM for Switch will have the full game in a physical cart, with multiplayer as an optional free download.

- - - Updated - - -

https://kotaku.com/suda-51-thinks-ni...-af-1803819394

Suda51 calls the Switch a "punk console."

- - - Updated - - -

Picture comparison. Definite downgrade. It will all come down to frames per second.

im gonna play doom in vr but ill definitely pick up wolfenstein 2.

wolfenstein is amazing, cant wait to beat the fuck out some nazi scum
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming no one in this thread has regretted getting a Switch ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Not at all. As far as I'm concerned it's had the best launch year of all the current gen consoles. By the end of this year I'm going to have nearly the same amount of games for the Switch as I do for PS4 after 4 years. Despite it's slow start.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Well kind of. Lack of games and most of the stuff I want is just ports. Ended up buying just Zelda for it at first and eventually just took it back.

Not a bad system. I just don't want to buy ports of games I already own. I don't really like owning the same game twice for a different system and the only time I have done is if friends are on 2 different systems.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-14 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Octopath's best feature is that you can be a THOT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes, they spent way to much time on it.
    Xenoblade 2 looks like trash visually. Probably because its a big open world, but it looks like an early ps3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Love my Switch.

Current Library:
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterlife+
    PuyoPuyo Tetris
    Fast RMX
    Sonic Mania
    Minecraft

Wish List:
    Octopath Traveler
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8
    Splatoons 2
    Dragon Quest Builders
    Stardew Valley
    Terraria
    DOOM
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Overcooked

...and it seems like my list of owned and wanted games keeps growing. It's just been a great system for me. Sure, a lot of them are ports, but they've been greatly enhanced by being able to take them to bed with me. Going over to a friend's house. So on and so forth. To me, it more or less paid for itself with the exclusive so far and what's to come in the near future.

Which is a lot more than what I could say for the PS4 and Xbox One at launch. Those were huge disappointments for me. Even currently their exclusives are pretty weak in my opinion. Horizon is the only thing I'm genuinely feeling like I'm missing something out on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Octopath's best feature is that you can be a THOT
    Don't talk about Primrose like that. >:

10+ Year Old Account
    Love my Switch.

Don't talk about Primrose like that. >:
    Of she breathes she a THOT

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Of she breathes she a THOT
    You're a monster.