1. #13181
    Titan Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    14,487
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yussss

    I was hoping we would get to play her in some way like how paper mario is
    Possess Peach with the cap. Then Mario has some playtime

  2. #13182
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Possess Peach with the cap. Then Mario has some playtime
    Well peach has a cap of her own so we'll most likely see her possess stuff
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  3. #13183
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol uses a guide gets bored of game, in before but i didn't use a guide, save your breath it'll be wasted words.
    Did 90+ shrines without a guide, you bet your ass I used a guide for the rest as I didn't want to spend more time in the game then needed at that point.

    But like I said, if you think copy pasted content all over the place is some genre defining moment for Zelda more power to you. SMO will be a much better game due to a far less amount of that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-10-13 at 03:29 AM.

  4. #13184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Did 90+ shrines without a guide, you bet your ass I used a guide for the rest as I didn't want to spend more time in the game then needed at that point.

    But like I said, if you think copy pasted content all over the place is some genre defining moment for Zelda more power to you. SMO will be a much better game due to a far less amount of that.
    no you're trying to put words into my mouth in your last sentence sorry that doesn't work, just laughing at you saying oh im done in 64 hours, then oh i used a guide because i didn't want to play it anymore?

    amazing logic bro i'd just stop at 90 and not play? or watch something on youtube? but to cheat and go good im done that was crap is just funny.

  5. #13185
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no you're trying to put words into my mouth in your last sentence sorry that doesn't work, just laughing at you saying oh im done in 64 hours, then oh i used a guide because i didn't want to play it anymore?

    amazing logic bro i'd just stop at 90 and not play? or watch something on youtube? but to cheat and go good im done that was crap is just funny.
    "cheating" is looking up locations on shrines to not wonder around like an idiot in a copy pasted world and wasting time looking for them? Kay.

    I literally saw everything the world had to offer at 20 hours played, and that took no guide at all. Nor did the 50+ hours to complete all main quests and 90+ shrines. There is no difficulty in mindless wondering until you come across one of the few remaining shrines kiddo. Sorry if you think you're 1337 or something for doing so.

    Let's not even bring up the hypocritical nature of a WoW player who uses DBM and looks up strategies on fights before doing them calling using a guide "cheating" ROFL.

  6. #13186
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This post literally has nothing to do with my complaints about BoTW at all.

    The problems with BoTW are that literally everything is copy and pasted. 4 of the 5 main dungeons are copy pasted textures into a different model. All 5 of the main boss fights are literally the same model with minor differences, in fact the only unique boss model comes in the "you can't lose" portion of Ganon at the very end of the game. Literally every shrine is the exact same models and textures used over and over and over again.
    The 4 guardians were all constructed at the same time, for the same purpose, why would they go out of their way to use different materials for each?
    The bosses are all parts of Ganon, so of course they'll be similar due to their origins.

    Shrines were also built for a common goal, by the one religious people. One would expect the theme to be the same for them.

  7. #13187
    Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    The 4 guardians were all constructed at the same time, for the same purpose, why would they go out of their way to use different materials for each?
    The bosses are all parts of Ganon, so of course they'll be similar due to their origins.

    Shrines were also built for a common goal, by the one religious people. One would expect the theme to be the same for them.
    Oh boy, we really have someone coming with a plot excuse for a game that copy pasted assets all over the place.

    Is this Reggie's MMO-Champ account?

  8. #13188
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    57
    Just saying, long are the days when a simple color change was enough to tell you "this is world2" and everyone was happy, now we got whiners who are all "OMGOMG SAME TEXTURES WHY YOU SO LAZY AND BAD AND SHIT"

    Playing BotW I had 0 problems with the theme being same across the shrines etc. Now if all the shrines had the same layout, like skyrim and their "oh a fifth random cave i saw, go in, oh, it s the same layout once again" or such, then I'd have a problem.

    And I'm not coming up with a plot excuse, simply giving a point of view that could explain it. It is a forum after all, for discussing viewpoints.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-13 at 05:42 AM.

  9. #13189
    BoTW copy pastes more content then even Bethesda games do. That's not even a good comparison.

    BoTW on a scale from Farcry to Elder Scrolls is definitely in that Farcry levels of copy paste.

    It's hilarious that people honestly are trying to defend the corners cut here. That doesn't mean BoTW is a bad game, nor have I ever said it was. But muh baby! BoTW is the only one for me I must defend it everything is 10/10 masterpiece! ROFL.

  10. #13190
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is this Reggie's MMO-Champ account?
    I don't know who Reggie is, I'm me. A bored person from Finland, butting in because you know, boredom.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not defending cutting corners, nor do we seem to care about the same corners. I know, individual opinions and such are a drag when trying to discuss something.
    I'm giving a possible explanation for why things are the way they are because they could be like that. not because "don't hurt my botws feels".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    But muh baby! BoTW is the only one for me I must defend it everything is 10/10 masterpiece! ROFL.
    I don't think BoTW is a 10/10 game, something like 8/10 is what I would give it. It has its good and bad moments and things.

  11. #13191
    Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    I don't know who Reggie is, I'm me. A bored person from Finland, butting in because you know, boredom.
    Reginald Fils-Amie is the current president of Nintendo of America and the source of the "My Body is Ready" memes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    New rare BLADE. Video in link.

    https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/stat...34236034543616


  12. #13192
    Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    I'm not defending cutting corners, nor do we seem to care about the same corners. I know, individual opinions and such are a drag when trying to discuss something.
    I'm giving a possible explanation for why things are the way they are because they could be like that. not because "don't hurt my botws feels".
    Explanation?

    Explain this. The majority of buildings in Los Angeles are all built with the "same materials" why do they all look different?

    You didn't "explain" anything, you hopped on a pretty weak excuse train that was only going 5 mph. Sorry mate.

  13. #13193
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Explanation?

    Explain this. The majority of buildings in Los Angeles are all built with the "same materials" why do they all look different?

    You didn't "explain" anything, you hopped on a pretty weak excuse train that was only going 5 mph. Sorry mate.
    Different architects. different views. Different times. They want to differentiate themselves from others.
    When there's a project of 10 housing buildings going up at the same time, by the same architect, in the same area, they usually are the same theme you know.
    Do that on a bigger scale and you got Hyrule and the shrines, where the builders wanted unity, due to them revering the goddess Hylia, who gave the monks their powers. She could have had them build the shrines in her vision, meaning one architect, one theme.

    And you skipped over the word "POSSIBLE", I'm not saying it's the reason for having the one theme, I'm saying it COULD be because of said reasons if you went and asked and got the answer from the developers art and lore guys.

    When debating something, you're supposed to give reasons for your point of view, not only bash the other side, you have given 0 reason for why they should be different in theme, other than the "cutting corners".

    Oooh ooh, gotta edit in that at least my train is moving, yours seem to still be stuck at the yard waiting for repairs!! if we wanna go with these.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-10-13 at 08:34 AM.

  14. #13194
    Scarab Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Explanation?

    Explain this. The majority of buildings in Los Angeles are all built with the "same materials" why do they all look different?

    You didn't "explain" anything, you hopped on a pretty weak excuse train that was only going 5 mph. Sorry mate.
    All of the ships in the US Navy looks pretty similar.

  15. #13195
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    All of the ships in the US Navy looks pretty similar.
    How dare they use similar themed ships that are proven to be functional designs, sure hope they stop cutting corners and make variations in themes.

  16. #13196
    I still can't understand why people give money to this company.

  17. #13197
    Scarab Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I still can't understand why people give money to this company.
    Because they have good consoles and great games?

  18. #13198
    Titan Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    14,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because they have good consoles and great games?
    Subjective.
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  19. #13199
    Scarab Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Subjective.
    Oh sorry I forgot, only negativity allowed in the internet.

  20. #13200
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because they have good consoles and great games?
    Hasn't the formula for 'good' movie trailers also been discovered?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •