10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes in there original annoucement they did say that. Game machine can mean anything tho not (Console replacement) so no its not changing the definition of any words.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...-in-march-2017

The bolded is why I don't think its a console anymore or at lease not a console like what we normally get.

Like I said before who the fuck knows what Nintendo is going to do.

I wish Nintendo would fucken learn all we want is a box and a controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think Gamescom has gotten bigger then E3.
    It's a public show so it has been bigger for a while if we're talking about attendance. E3 is still the most significant show of the year.

Also, PAX Prime is in August right after Gamescon, then TGS in September, PAX Australia in November, and PAX South in January.

The best time for the announcment is either August or September which would be at least 6-7 months out to maxmise non-E3 convention time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Also, PAX Prime is in August right after Gamescon, then TGS in September, PAX Australia in November, and PAX South in January.

The best time for the announcment is either August or September which would be at least 6-7 months out to maxmise non-E3 convention time.
    All of which are horrible places to announce your console. Gamescom is their only other option or they are going to screw themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    All of which are horrible places to announce your console. Gamescom is their only other option or they are going to screw themselves.
    I didn't mean make an announcement at a convention. I fully expect them to have their own announcement (a Direct shown at a press conference), but what I was meaning was they would have convention presence through demos and such.

Also, was listening to Game Explain's 2nd video on the announcements and one thing they said was focusing fully on Zelda at E3 is still them focusing on the NX indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    So... Tokyo Game Show this fall?
    Nintendo doesn't even show up to Tokyo Game Show and hasn't in like a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I think Gamescom has gotten bigger then E3.
    Not even close, gamescom is the poor mans e3.

You guys talking about pax tho is even more laughable. Pax is a glorrified poor poor pooooooooooor mans e3 who's main purpose is to promote indy games and allow twitch streamers and youtubers to circle jerk.

Nintendo is going to unveil it on their own time, and their own event. e3 would be the only place they would do it, if not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, was listening to Game Explain's 2nd video on the announcements and one thing they said was focusing fully on Zelda at E3 is still them focusing on the NX indirectly.
    But it's not though, it's the Wii U version and no NX means them not discussing the differences in the versions. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Wii U version is finally near completion and they just started working on porting it or maybe even haven't yet. It would explain the delay and it not even being an NX launch title. Also if the Wii U version isn't near complete yet something is wrong when Skyward Sword came out in 2011...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-29 at 10:50 AM.

tokyo game show has been pretty much dead for awhile now.

e3 is really the only place mainstream media goes to learn about new games, if the nx isnt there = no promotion for the system.

majority of people dont even know nintendos making a new system yet but its coming out in less than a year.

is this just there marketing strategy now?

makes sun and moon look like a mountain of known info
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

http://www.screencritics.co.uk/2016/...or-cartridges/

More rumors for a cartridge based system.

Basically, Macronix, the guys behind the 3DS carts, said in their fiscal earnings they are gearing up for an order from Nintendo in the latter half of the year and mention the NX multiple times during their report.

Alongside this:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/nintendo-...073337531.html

Panasonic, who usually supplies Nintendo with their optical discs and disc readers, did not mention the NX at all during their fiscal report.

Both Macronix and Panasonic run the same fiscal year as Nintendo (April - March)

- - - Updated - - -

http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/05/05/c...3-arcade-test/

A new Cruis'n game, Cruis'n Adventure, has been spotted in Chicago. There were reports in September of last year of the game being tested. Since Nintendo still owns the Cruis'n trademark, could their be an NX port?

If the NX has a blueray drive it and the discs would not be supplied by Panasonic so that means absolutely jack shit. Panasonic has only supplied proprietary discs and drives to Nintendo in the past.

If the NX console is based on carts you can RIP non Japanese 3rd party support right away. Western 3rd parties are not going to pay for 50 GB carts if it's even possible to get them that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If the NX has a blueray drive it and the discs would not be supplied by Panasonic so that means absolutely jack shit. Panasonic has only supplied proprietary discs and drives to Nintendo in the past.

If the NX console is based on carts you can RIP non Japanese 3rd party support right away. Western 3rd parties are not going to pay for 50 GB carts if it's even possible to get them that high.
    The largest consumer purchasable SD cards are 512GB.

A 100 pack of 32 GB Micro SD cards is $795 or about $7.95 a card.

That's also not including shipping costs, even if the carts came in the same box as Wii U ones do now, a SD card is going to weigh much less than a disc, and that's not including if Nintendo makes the boxes smaller.

Can't forget the cost of the optical drive and it's size which could lower the production costs and price, allowing Nintendo to sell the system at lower price while still selling the system at a profit, which Kimishima said they would do.

And there are ways for Nintendo to get western thrid parties, such as waiving licensing fees, but we'll have to see.

Finally, Nintendo would have to pretty much pay Sony to get access to bluray drives, and they are wanting to keep the NX costs down.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can't forget the fact that Nintendo could easily get an even better deal on bulk customized carts.

Even if a 3rd party only has to pay $3 to make a 50 GB cart, that is still more then 500% the cost of manufacturing a disc. It adds up, and can easily make borderline games no viable financially.

maybe the nx has both because its backwards compatible with 3ds/plays handheld games too.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe the nx has both because its backwards compatible with 3ds/plays handheld games too.
    Which is what I'm thinking.

Launching a home console without a bluray drive in this time period is pure suicide if you expect 3rd party support and want to market your system to be put in entertainment systems.

Then again, Nintendo is known for doing stupid shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, Nintendo would have to pretty much pay Sony to get access to bluray drives, and they are wanting to keep the NX costs down.
    Pay Sony and the other 50 companies that have a stake in bluray. It's not like Sony owns the licensing or the majority stake in it. They are just one of many investors who initially backed it. If MS buys AMD then they'll be paying MS for the hardware in their system, who cares?

Also, can't forget the fact that Nintendo could easily get an even better deal on bulk customized carts.
    Custom = proprietary = more expensive not less. That's not how it works.

im sure theyll add a digital platform as well, so you can download and play the emulated snes, nes, etc games.
    if not, they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot.

A new Cruis'n game, Cruis'n Adventure, has been spotted in Chicago. There were reports in September of last year of the game being tested. Since Nintendo still owns the Cruis'n trademark, could their be an NX port?
    Whoever at Nintendo gave the OK for the last Cruis'n to be released should be thrown in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wii one? Nintendo didn't even make that one, in fact I am pretty surprised Nintendo still at least partially owned the rights for that series. I always thought Midway had taken complete ownership of it after the N64 days and it was now in WBGames hands.

Maybe Nintendo will start dusting off some more of its more obscure chestnuts that most people dont even know they own, like Warlocked and a new Crystalis or at least an international release for the new Culdcept on 3DS.

Actually I am pretty sure they own the Glory of Heracles series now also, but I dont expect them to fund a new one of those for a long while, if ever, after the oh so fantastic sales the one on DS got, especially internationally.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-05-07 at 04:47 PM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=398

According to translations of this post, it turns out Silicon Studios, the guys behind the Bravely series, have mention the NX (and PSVR) as a growth opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/9/1163...-console-ports

Five Night's at Freddys to possibly get NX port along PS4 and XBO ports.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/pgeuder/status/729566892353032192

Patrick Gueder, Business Developer for Mojang, is saying today is going to be an NX announcement day.

I don't think he's joking, but based on his other tweets, it's possible today was going to be the NX announcement day, but was changed just like everything else was.

Or maybe he isn't lying.

Or maybe he's joking because there was Mario DLC for Minecraft Wii U.

Not sure.

Not sure.
    https://twitter.com/pgeuder/status/729785387342807042

He is, there's nothing today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...nding-together

In an interview with the BBC, Patrick Söderlund, EA Studio's vice president said when asked about the NX that they're in "...constant communication with [Nintendo] and when they come to market something - and if it makes sense for us - we'll be there."

Basically, if it has a big enough base and if it can make us money when Nintendo comes a calling, we'll jump on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...nding-together

In an interview with the BBC, Patrick Söderlund, EA Studio's vice president said when asked about the NX that they're in "...constant communication with [Nintendo] and when they come to market something - and if it makes sense for us - we'll be there."

Basically, if it has a big enough base and if it can make us money when Nintendo comes a calling, we'll jump on it.
    Exactly, people thinking power or anything else matter for 3rd parties is laughable.

When it comes to 3rd party support it's will our games sell on it? If yes, make some if no then don't.

Nintendo platforms in general have always been abysmal for western 3rd party sales. Even the ones with strong install bases. I don't see that changing. The best you can possibly hope for is strong support from Japanese 3rd parties.

There seems to be a plethora of smaller games that were released on Vita in Japan but never came over to the west, though there seems to be some interest in them. The Vita's weak sales just make it less than appealing to do so. Heck, even Square's My Name is Setsuna isn't getting a physical Vita release unless they get strong feedback for it.

I'd like to see Nintendo courting some of those developers. Get the niche areas that get lost in the shuffle with Sony and Microsoft and expand the library with quality games that can grab attention. I'm pretty sure there are a good number of "Bravely Defaults" out there that could take off and do surprisingly well if just brought to market.

Though Nintendo themselves, in my opinion, need to plan a strong string of their heavy hitters ready to launch. 2 per year would be ideal.

Super Mario Bros / Paper Mario (though I'd prefer a proper Mario RPG)
    Legend of Zelda
    Donkey Kong Country
    Metroid
    Star Fox
    Kirby
    Mario Kart
    Smash Bros
    F-Zero
    Kid Icarus

As well as the occasional surprise like Splatoon and the expected Mario Party.

If they had/have those Nintendo IPs ready to come in steady succession year after year, it will help the install base. Grabbing quality 3rd parties that don't get the attention of Sony and Microsoft to bolster it will solidify the NX in my opinion and, at the very least, make it the "2nd console to own" where Microsoft and Sony have a LOT of cross over more than exclusives.

Either way, I'm interested to see what the system is going to bring.

Alternative plan:
    Don't give up on amiibos
    Work with Square to get FFVII Remake on NX (I'm assuming it can handle the game)
    Announce FFVII amiibos with the NX FFVII Remake
    Announce an ongoing line of Final Fantasy amiibos
    Roll around in the resulting money

I'm just pretty sure a Final Fantasy line of amiibos would sell like hot cakes.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-10 at 08:01 PM.