10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcon View Post
    I read an article the other day about Nintendo not wanting to talk about the NX for fear their competition would steal all of their ideas.

Nintendo is so far behind they actually think they're ahead. It's cute actually.
    Well admittedly, if Sony and Microsoft had gotten the drop on Nintendo with motion controls they would've been fucked. The whole reason the Wii sold so well so fast was because motion controls were new and exciting. Then, eventually Microsoft and Sony caught up and implemented motion controls into their systems as well.

If Nintendo does have a cool new idea I can understand why they'd want to be secretive with it until they're ready to build up the NX's release.

I read an article the other day about Nintendo not wanting to talk about the NX for fear their competition would steal all of their ideas.

Nintendo is so far behind they actually think they're ahead. It's cute actually.
    When have they not been copied though? I would say the Wii U is the first system from Nintendo to not have something copied from it, and even that is arguable with the touch pad, headphone jack and speaker on the DS4.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-07-05 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Well admittedly, if Sony and Microsoft had gotten the drop on Nintendo with motion controls they would've been fucked. The whole reason the Wii sold so well so fast was because motion controls were new and exciting. Then, eventually Microsoft and Sony caught up and implemented motion controls into their systems as well.

If Nintendo does have a cool new idea I can understand why they'd want to be secretive with it until they're ready to build up the NX's release.
    Yeah and those motion controls were nothing more than a gimmick that people got tired of very quickly. The Wii U might as well have just been the game pad. Nintendo may have something cool and new.. but what good will it do them if they still aren't releasing any games that are worth a damn? Sure the Wii U has some fun games, so long as they have Mario or Link in them. Do they expect people to play nothing but super smash bros until the NX comes out?

Erm, PS Move/Kinect after the Wii motion controls?

Smartglass and Sony finally getting off their ass and starting to make a big push for Vita streaming after the Wii U tablet controller?

Sony an Microsoft have taken from Nintendo in just about every generation, and thus far they've never really managed to do as well with their "gimmicks" as Nintendo has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and those motion controls were nothing more than a gimmick that people got tired of very quickly. The Wii U might as well have just been the game pad. Nintendo may have something cool and new.. but what good will it do them if they still aren't releasing any games that are worth a damn? Sure the Wii U has some fun games, so long as they have Mario or Link in them. Do they expect people to play nothing but super smash bros until the NX comes out?
    I agree. Doesn't change the fact that they don't want their competitors taking their ideas and implementing them before they can release the NX. It would take a lot of steam out any hype the NX ends up generating. And the past has shown us that Sony and Microsoft will work to have an answer for any "innovations" or "gimmicks" that Nintendo comes up with.

Have a feeling it's going to be a tablet with console type power and a customizable controller scheme, and the ability to play most games from Nintendo present and past. While also being able to play more traditional mobile games. Zelda wii u will not be abandoned for NX, but will be compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Have a feeling it's going to be a tablet with console type power and a customizable controller scheme, and the ability to play most games from Nintendo present and past. While also being able to play more traditional mobile games. Zelda wii u will not be abandoned for NX, but will be compatible.
    With what I'm hearing floated around about a $150-200 price point, and it probably having some screen or tablet functionality for a handheld aspect. I doubt it will even be able to run Zelda Wii U at this point. By the minute it's looking more and more like NX will just be the architecture and the first we will see it on is the next hand held, and that hand held isn't going to be as powerful as the Wii U. Probably competitive with the Vita at best.

Honestly feels like a handheld that will create an architecture they can use on their next home console which will be fully compatible with it and I doubt we see that until 2017.(though nintendo may announce both at the same time I would expect handheld in 2016, home console in 2017.)
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-07-06 at 12:26 AM.

Why do people want NX to become a classic console? Why not just want Nintendo to stop making consoles all together then, and release their software for sony and ms? By the time it's out, everyone will have a ps4/xbone anyway. Do you really need another box in your living room that has an identical controller and plays the same games?

Personally, I hope they come up with something new. Their innovations are just gimmicks if they are poorly implemented. Nintendo usually pulls it off, but they forgot to follow it up on the wii u. Better luck next time!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    With what I'm hearing floated around about a $150-200 price point, and it probably having some screen or tablet functionality for a handheld aspect. I doubt it will even be able to run Zelda Wii U at this point. By the minute it's looking more and more like NX will just be the architecture and the first we will see it on is the next hand held, and that hand held isn't going to be as powerful as the Wii U. Probably competitive with the Vita at best.

Honestly feels like a handheld that will create an architecture they can use on their next home console which will be fully compatible with it and I doubt we see that until 2017.(though nintendo may announce both at the same time I would expect handheld in 2016, home console in 2017.)
    The reason I think it will be as powerful is because I read an article about Nintendo saying they love to take hardware and re-imagine it for a different type of hardware. Which leads me to believe they will take wifi u's tech, and use it for the NX.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why do people want NX to become a classic console? Why not just want Nintendo to stop making consoles all together then, and release their software for sony and ms? By the time it's out, everyone will have a ps4/xbone anyway. Do you really need another box in your living room that has an identical controller and plays the same games?

Personally, I hope they come up with something new. Their innovations are just gimmicks if they are poorly implemented. Nintendo usually pulls it off, but they forgot to follow it up on the wii u. Better luck next time!
    As it stands for myself, somebody who has been playing since NES. I trust Nintendo has something up their sleeves. They're very premeditated, and understand how the market works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

we know for sure the nx is the replacement for the wiiu from comments at e3. if it cant run wiiu games then thats just fuckery beyond comprehension so i highly doubt it wont be backwards compatible. the nx could be a hybrid but its without a doubt a home console in some form otherwise reggie wouldnt call it a home console and the dev behind metroid prime woukldt say any home console metroid prime game would be developed for the nx now.

if its a hybrid and they somehow sell each part seperately then theyre fucked. nobody is gonna spend another 100 or so dollars to play their handheld games on the tv except a very few people, if its a hybrid everything has to be packaged together in one unit to be succesful
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I agree. Doesn't change the fact that they don't want their competitors taking their ideas and implementing them before they can release the NX. It would take a lot of steam out any hype the NX ends up generating. And the past has shown us that Sony and Microsoft will work to have an answer for any "innovations" or "gimmicks" that Nintendo comes up with.
    I can understand them not wanting their competitors to take their ideas. Obviously it's a smart move. I was just making a jab at Nintendo being extremely out of touch. It's like they think whatever fancy bells and whistles they add to their next console will save them, instead of just making good games. They used to be kings of the console but now look at them. The Wii U has been out longer than both PS4 and XBone and it has hardly any notable games outside of their flagship franchises(Mario and Zelda. And counting Zelda is being generous because Hyrule Warriors was mediocre at best. People are still waiting on a real Zelda.)

if they still aren't releasing any games that are worth a damn? Sure the Wii U has some fun games, so long as they have Mario or Link in them. Do they expect people to play nothing but super smash bros until the NX comes out?
    um, xenoblade, zelda u, mario maker, pokken fighters/tournament , rodea the sky soldier, star fox, yoshis wooly world, fatal frame 5. shin megami tensei x fire emblem, devils third,

and splatoon and smash bros are getting a steady stream of dlc, and theres probably more mario kart dlc on the way.

theres a shit ton of good wiiu games coming out still. and who knows what they havent announced yet for next year since all we know about next year is zelda u and pokken
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it has been confirmed or not but I wont touch this console if it comes with another gimmick like the tablet or the craptastic WiiMote. I just want to play Nintendo games with a normal controller for a change. I'm not into flailing like a retard, or buying an iPad.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we know for sure the nx is the replacement for the wiiu from comments at e3. if it cant run wiiu games then thats just fuckery beyond comprehension so i highly doubt it wont be backwards compatible.
    Why? People have shown they are more than happy buying non-BC consoles and rebutting their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Why? People have shown they are more than happy buying non-BC consoles and rebutting their games.
    people buy non backwards compatible consoles because theyre forced to and accept that sometimes thats the price you have to pay for stronger hardware. if its not even as strong as the ps4 whats the fucking point of it not being backwards compatible with wiiu, not to mention theywould be gimping themselves by not offering the great games from the wiiu that alot of people who might buy a nx have never played due to not having picked up a wiiu

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to it, hopefully Nintendo doesn't go this whole stupid VR route, I just like a great console with some good games.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

tendo fanboys playing defense control over nx power and the internal racism during project hammer badly today. im one of tendos biggest fans and supporters but some of these people online act as if they can do no wrong.
    Honestly, I'm surprised there are people here who acknowledge racism exists.

- - - Updated - - -

people buy non backwards compatible consoles because theyre forced to and accept that sometimes thats the price you have to pay for stronger hardware. if its not even as strong as the ps4 whats the fucking point of it not being backwards compatible with wiiu, not to mention theywould be gimping themselves by not offering the great games from the wiiu that alot of people who might buy a nx have never played due to not having picked up a wiiu
    So people were FORCED to rebuy games they had already played and beaten? Is there a signal built into the PS4 that destroys all PS3s in its vicinity?

I don't think you want to admit that most gamers are idiots who are more than happy to eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised there are people here who acknowledge racism exists.

- - - Updated - - -

So people were FORCED to rebuy games they had already played and beaten? Is there a signal built into the PS4 that destroys all PS3s in its vicinity?

I don't think you want to admit that most gamers are idiots who are more than happy to eat shit.
    no remakes are fine, they wouldve been made regardless of backwards compatibility. the ps3 was backwards compatible and still got a shit ton of remakes of ps2 games. the wii was backwards compatible with gamecube and got a good chunk of "new play control" games like pikmin 1 and 2, chibi robo.

- - - Updated - - -

plus the gaming audience is not just 1 group of people. while pleny of older gamers may have played and beat them theres plenty of children today that get a ps4 and never had a ps3 and thus those games are brand new to them. the likelyhood of them buying a ps3 to play old games are next to zero so remakes are the only way to tap that market

no remakes are fine,
    It's not a remake if the game came out 3 years ago.

they wouldve been made regardless of backwards compatibility.
    PFFFT!!!

the ps3 was backwards compatible and still got a shit ton of remakes of ps2 games.
    That's because of the SD-to-HD jump. Those remakes (excuse me, reMASTERS) are already in HD. Are they HD'er? You would have a point if the games were in 4K, but no console can display 4K resolution.

the wii was backwards compatible with gamecube and got a good chunk of "new play control" games like pikmin 1 and 2, chibi robo.
    You just answered your own question there.

Edit: For God's sake, Square-Enix remastered FFX last year, and Re-remastered it this year. That's messed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    um, xenoblade, zelda u, mario maker, pokken fighters/tournament , rodea the sky soldier, star fox, yoshis wooly world, fatal frame 5. shin megami tensei x fire emblem, devils third,

and splatoon and smash bros are getting a steady stream of dlc, and theres probably more mario kart dlc on the way.

theres a shit ton of good wiiu games coming out still. and who knows what they havent announced yet for next year since all we know about next year is zelda u and pokken
    Most of those games aren't out yet, thus you can't say they're good yet. In fact Pokken hasn't even been announced to be coming to any form of console. It's expected, but not confirmed.