Ice cream maker Blue Bell recalling all products after finding more listeria.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...ucts/26105855/

Texas-based Blue Bell Creameries is recalling all of its products on the market after two samplings of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream tested positive for listeriosis.

Blue Bell's chief executive Paul Kruse said in a statement Monday night that the company "can't say with certainty" how the bacteria was introduced to the manufacturing line.

The company last month issued its first recall after ice cream contaminated with listeriosis was linked to three deaths at a Kansas hospital. Five others in Kansas and Texas were sickened with the disease.

The foodborne illness was tracked to a production line in Brenham, Texas, and later to a second line in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

The recall extends to retail outlets in 23 states and internationally.

Terrible. I grew up eating their ice cream. Hope they can recover.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Should have been named Blue Ball. Lots more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recalling an entire product shipment is horrible, but they shouldn't have relaxed and allowed this to happen.

I do hope they can recover from it.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That stuff ain't icecream anyway.

It seems to me, that it'd be really easy to sabotage food production. A prime target for terrorism, but for some reason nothing has happened. It'd be all too easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That stuff ain't icecream anyway.

It seems to me, that it'd be really easy to sabotage food production. A prime target for terrorism, but for some reason nothing has happened. It'd be all too easy.
    Terrorists aren't as smart to pull off something like that. If it involves more than blowing themselves up or shooting random people, it's way beyond their brainpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Terrorists aren't as smart to pull off something like that. If it involves more than blowing themselves up or shooting random people, it's way beyond their brainpower.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Ra...oterror_attack

Forensic Files had an episode about that. So while it's not like the stuff we hear about on the news as often, attacks like that do happen.
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2015-04-21 at 07:32 AM.

Some illegal immigrants in Los Angeles had an illegal cheese factory, killed like a dozen people. I think it was listeria.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland