Thread: Preaching RAGE

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Preaching RAGE

Since somebody made a thread about hating on vegans and another is talking about how culture is going i felt like sharing this ....
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...ill-estate-tax

So apparently less then half a percent of americans have a tax that pays out hundreds of millions even with tax dodging and ppl still want to repeal it even those "affected" are multi millionaires at minimum.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The wal-mart heirs earned their money, who are you to take it away?
    WoW someone actually defended walmart

ive seen it all now

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the wal mart only makes money because the government is there to provide law and order, roads and other infrastructure for the them to function how bout the government?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Someone who votes for elected members of the United States Congress, who in turn have the power to lay and collect taxes under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution and 16th Amendment.

Okay, I think Boomzy likes to have fun sometimes. It was obviously sarcasm to me considering heirs, by definition, don't do anything for that money (unless there's some super-secret blood ritual I don't know about!). And yes, this political action is very foolish. Like everything, it's just politicians appealing to the people who control them for votes.

I have no issue with repealing it as it is fairly unfair. However it should be offset by increasing the income tax on the wealthiest 1% to offset the revenue loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should not be a tax on your heirs receiving what you own when you die regardless of how much or little wealth it is. Death should not be a taxable event. We have enough people losing farms and family businesses without the government demanding half of their value upon inheritance forcing their sale and loss in a great many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    WoW someone actually defended walmart

ive seen it all now
    Wal-Mart along with Coca-Cola are two of the greatest examples of the success of capitalism in the world. Efficiency breeds profit. As such, they should be defended from the rabble that despises efficiency.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    I have no issue with repealing it as it is fairly unfair. However it should be offset by increasing the income tax on the wealthiest 1% to offset the revenue loss.
    Okay, that sounds good to me too. But simply repealing it and dropping the subject is what I'm against.

Btw, the thread title confuses me. OP, did you mean to post something else around the same time? I was expecting an article about a horrible church similar to Westboro or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    funny how everyone wants everyone else's taxes raised but never their own
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Including the millionaires and the billionaires, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    There should not be a tax on your heirs receiving what you own when you die regardless of how much or little wealth it is. Death should not be a taxable event. We have enough people losing farms and family businesses without the government demanding half of their value upon inheritance forcing their sale and loss in a great many cases.

Wal-Mart along with Coca-Cola are two of the greatest examples of the success of capitalism in the world. Efficiency breeds profit. As such, they should be defended from the rabble that despises efficiency.
    You've heard of the estate tax right?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    Since somebody made a thread about hating on vegans and another is talking about how culture is going i felt like sharing this ....

So apparently less then half a percent of americans have a tax that pays out hundreds of millions even with tax dodging and ppl still want to repeal it even those "affected" are multi millionaires at minimum.
    Rich people always seek to pay as little as possible. How do you think they became rich in the first place, by donating to charity?!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Including the millionaires and the billionaires, amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

The estate tax is considered a form of double taxation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Rich people always seek to pay as little as possible. How do you think they became rich in the first place, by donating to charity?!
    You think this differs from income level?

Anyone with at least some knowledge about the insanely complex tax system tries to minimize their tax liabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Yes. I was addressing the estates tax in the part of my post you highlighted. I might have been able to word it better, but what I said was like saying "we have enough people dying senselessly without ISIS slaughtering Christians, Shiites, and devil worshipers". I'm not saying that isn't happening when I say that, I'm just saying "things are bad enough already even if it weren't happening so STAHP". I’m tired so sorry if I’m being incoherent. Work is really taking its toll atm.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post

Aw those poor superrich people, now they can't buy a new Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Well, since the Estate tax only affects the upper 1%, we are not raising taxes, we would be shifting the tax from one source (Estate tax) to another (Income Tax).

Estate Tax was an attack on the rich in the US. It was enacted in 1916 around the same time they broke up monopolies.

Which is why when people tell me the rich control the country I know they don't know what they are talking about. They are usually the same crowd who believe in the military industrial complex even though the military is getting downsized yet again.

The idea behind the estate tax was partially social Darwinism, the parent might be capable of raising millions, but the child might be an idiot.

Is it fair? I won't have to pay it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Don't think there's anyone that despises efficiency except the conservative base that lives on farms and prefers a more traditional lifestyle which is under threat from massive corporations and "progress". Not sure if you could say Walmart is successful capitalism when its workers depend so much on government aid. Seems like the business is succeeding off subsidies.