15+ Year Old Account

More involved class?

Hey guys, My first toon ever at relase was a DH, but I never got him past 40. Later on, just through regular game play I got a Barb, Monk and Crusader to 70, but never did any gear grind. Just stopped playing them at 70, then stopped playing for a long time. Well, last week, I decided to come back for season 3 and jsut play for fun. Got my DH to 70 and i"m farming a bit in t3. My problem is the DH class is boring me to death.

Which of the classes is more involved and a DH? I basically set my sentries down, pop a cooldown and strafe till everything is dead. Over and over. I'm having fun for the most part, just hoping there is a class that is more involved. I don't care about OP or UP, just something that makes me think a little more.

my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

The endgame doesn't really start until you you can farm t6, which means getting a 6 piece set, and that is generally when the game gets more interesting. DH actually has a new set now that doesn't involve sentries at all so there is more to it then just dropping sentries and going afk (and that build too is more interactive now). What class you want to play is up to you but there is definitely potential for the DH to be more fun than it used to be.

there is no class in whcih doing the smae thing over zasnd over isnt boring

welcome to d3

I wouldn't really count on the game getting more interesting with set bonuses to be honest, all they do is pigeonhole you into an even more rigid and monotonous playstyle, since the sets are based around playing in a fairly specific way and they are more powerful than you could ever be without them.

Marauders = Place sentries + generate/use hatred, the sentries copy your abilities melting everything in sight.
    Unholy Set = Generate + Multishot (stack + discipline on gear) - Say hello to 300mil Multishot crits, over a billion optimised.
    Natalyas = Rain of Vengeance + Strafe - not played it.

Barbarian is a little more varied but once you pick a set you will be doing one specific thing constantly, you have 4 sets that could do a Greater Rift 40 or above.

Earth = Also requires Lut Socks boots, leap around everywhere dropping Earthquakes that do lots of damage.. Like a bunny rabbit, weakest set.
    Immortal King = Pets (perma ancients) + perma Wrath of Berserker.. You can play a lot of styles but ultimately it boils down to burn Fury to reset cooldowns.
    Raekor = Charge spec, you charge through mobs to reset the cooldown on charge allowing you to do it forever, which you will. strongest set last season.
    Wastes = New set, set whirlwind to right click and hold it down.. Collect loot with left clicker. Probably the strongest set.

Sure you can have hybrids, you can make new builds with Focus + Restraint ring sets that will work fine for clearing T6. But ultimately it boils down to needing set bonuses and playing a pre-designed playstyle that does not involve a lot of imagination, or have too much room for wiggle. The set bonuses mean that all classes work this way, they are so strong.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Well there are high maintenance builds for all classes, but wizards with tal rasha build variation have a very high reward high skill ceiling atm. If you want a busy spammy gameplay wizard is definitely for you.