Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Iranians Protest Killings of Dogs

http://www.vocativ.com/world/iran/ir...of-stray-dogs/

Iranians Protest The Killing Of Stray Dogs

A video showing stray dogs being injected with burning acid has outraged Iranians

Deleted
    Do they yell Allahu Akhbar while they inject them?

Humanity is such filth.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I want the people who did this to those dogs to die. There is absolutely no excuse to use something that would make an animal suffer like that.

That fucking video killed me. I couldnt watch it all the way thru.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it... wouldn't that type of euthanizing make anyone outraged? What is significant with Iran being outraged since I am fairly certain they aren't the only ones. Is it because its in Iran? Heck I am sure the U.S. has plenty of dirty laundry you can fish up in a couple minutes. I don't know how cheap acid is but sure looks like a slow painful time wasting process. A bullet to the head would seem like a much faster solution... Not to be stereotyping or upset anyone but I am sure Iran doesn't have a gun shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Do they yell Allahu Akhbar while they inject them?
    This is Iran not Saudis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    That fucking video killed me. I couldnt watch it all the way thru.
    I encourage you to read some articles about animals that were saved or have happy stories in the news. It will not change the fate of the unfortunate dog in this video but will give you a sense of something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I don't get it... wouldn't that type of euthanizing make anyone outraged? What is significant with Iran being outraged since I am fairly certain they aren't the only ones. Is it because its in Iran? Heck I am sure the U.S. has plenty of dirty laundry you can fish up in a couple minutes. I don't know how cheap acid is but sure looks like a slow painful time wasting process. A bullet to the head would seem like a much faster solution... Not to be stereotyping or upset anyone but I am sure Iran doesn't have a gun shortage.
    1. it is in iran

2. It is beyond cruel. Id hate it if they shot them but it would not scale near as high on the outrage factor. What these fuckers are doing is some of the cruelest inhumane shit I have ever seen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Acid is the inherently wrong part.

Killing an overpopulated dog/cat population that would otherwise starve/suffer can be the most humane route with the right method.

I will be honest i nearly cried after watching it for 30 seconds until i turned it off, even a hit with a blunt object would have been more humane than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    This happens everywhere. Mostly in the Asia and africa, In other words in the poor countrys

The culture that brought you halal shows it's quality.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ― Mahatma Gandhi

At least there is some outrage on the youtube video. Either way, what some people probably don't realise is what a pest dogs are, they have to go. But acid injections? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    This is Iran not Saudis.
    What does national origin have to do with it? It is an Islamic phrase that means God is greatest. Most Iranians are Shiite Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    and
    are two completely different things.
    Stray dogs are very dangerous and should be eradicated, they have chosen to kill them, mainly because they do not have infrastructure of shelters and other "humane" shit to do, basically, same thing - kill them, but over longer time. There is people who have quality of life worse than animals in first world countries, what did you expect?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-21 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    and
    Stray dogs are very dangerous and should be eradicated, they have chosen to kill them, mainly because they do not have infrastructure of shelters and other "humane" shit to do, basically, same thing - kill them, but over longer time. There is people who have quality of life worse than animals in first world countries, what did you expect?
    They chose to kill them with acid..

If you think acid is "humane", please go for a swim in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    and
    Killing stray dogs in itself is not the problem. If they chose to just cleanly put a bullet in their head it would not cause outrage.
    Slowly, sadistically and uselessly torturing them to death is the problem. The dog is agonizing for minutes before dying. And using such a contrived method of killing (don't tell me injecting acid in the veins is the easiest and most straightforward method to kill something...) tends to show they went out of their way to be cruel.
    Last edited by Akka; 2015-04-21 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    They chose to kill them with acid..

If you think acid is "humane", please go for a swim in it
    Where did i said about acid being humane? There is two possible scenarios, they do that because they are evil and want peoples attention, or they do not want their kids to be eaten by stray dogs (yes, this happen, when poor little stray dogies get into packs, they eat people). This case does looks like they seek outrage from people on other part of the world, because more effective way to deal with stray dogs is definitely not acid, but castration or isoniazid (which is also, arguable)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Killing stray dogs in itself is not the problem. If they chose to just cleanly put a bullet in their head it would not cause outrage.
    Slowly, sadistically and uselessly torturing them to death is the problem. The dog is agonizing for minutes before dying. And using such a contrived method of killing (don't tell me injecting acid in the veins is the easiest and most straightforward method to kill something...) tends to show they went out of their way to be cruel.
    Shooting dogs is not very effective way to deal with stray dogs tho (yeah, lets shoot the brains out of rabid dog, very good idea. Or maybe shoot her in stomach and she will die slowly and painfully anyways). These people on video definitely wanted exposure and attention, their goal wasn't fighting with stray dogs. But the whole reason that dogs "suffer too much" is stupid, it will suffer anyways, and it doesn't really matter if you stab it to death with pitchfork, or shoot in the head, or give her poisoned food.
    Again, i am not trying to justify cruel treatment of pets, but there is nothing wrong in treating stray dogs as rats or other pests, there is nothing good in burning them with fire or acid because it's not easy to do, ineffective and most likely harmful to surroundings.

I personally see nothing wrong with "mass murdering" stray dogs, i lived on a farm and i've seen what pack of stray dogs can do, it's horrible, much more horrible than you've seen on this video.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-21 at 09:58 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So killing quickly and painlessly is no different than torturing to death.

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any torturing on the video, they inject something and pests die. I bet you don't have any issues with exterminators "torturing" rats? Or did you expect 500 dogs to be shot from machinegun? How is that more humane? When i first seen this article, i thought they bath dogs in pool of acid, but turns out it's just death injection. They could go even more vile than that (burn them alive) if they wanted to do just that (get attention or piss someone off). What raises questions is origin of these dogs (are they really stray dogs, or did these people kidnapped dogs from their owners?), how they get rid of bodies (pile of rotting corpses with poison in them will harm environment) and what their goals were.
    If there is no places for stray dogs to go (shelters), they should be denied their ability to run around in packs.

And just for contrast, sorry for Russian, this is a website dedicated to people murdered by stray (and not so) dogs. There is plenty of kids by the way, because they are easy prey for packs, and it's very important to keep this issue in control, be grateful for having good animal control service in your country and that horrible things like dog attack don't happen in your lifespan.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-04-21 at 10:10 AM.