Deleted

Fire at low gear levels

Hello fellas, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn’t see it in the Fire FAQs or on the first few pages of the forum.

I’ve always had a Mage as an alt, but there’s a kicker to it – I love Fire but I really hate Frost and Arcane, so I’ve only ever bothered with my Mage at times when Fire has been reasonably strong. Now is one of those times, but with it being early raid tiers historically there hasn’t been enough access to the 2nd or 3rd tier crit levels that make Fire shine.

I’m leveling my old 90 Mage at the mo and I’m having a blast because at level 93 I’m sitting at 44% crit rating and the 640 inscription trinket proc takes me to 90% crit. However, I know that’s going to diminish more and more every level before 100, and I’ll be running normal and maybe 5-8 heroic bosses with my guild alt run at 90.

The TL;DR of this post is: does the leveling perk and passive crit buff make Fire fun/worth playing at lower gear levels, i.e normal and early heroic BRF, or am I wasting my time?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be done but your numbers will be bad. Even on the fights that are fire favoured, until maybe 665 at the lowest and even that is pushing it. Just learn to play both Arcane and Fire and swap depending on the fight or what your raid needs. If you're only playing to raid with friends and progress/numbers aren't important then play fire for everything it doesn't matter but if you want/need to push then you'll have to join in as Arcane can really shine on some of those fights.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    does the leveling perk and passive crit buff make Fire fun/worth playing at lower gear levels, i.e normal and early heroic BRF, or am I wasting my time?
    On cleave fights yes, if you can get lucky with a good combustion and spread it you can do amazing dps. But only if the rng gods smile upon you. At higher gear levels it's less of an issue.

Keep arcane offspec for ST fights and swap as needed.