Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Muslims shouldn't vote in Cardiff

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

Essentially extremists put up posters in Cardiff warning Muslims not to vote in the general election because 'it violates the right of Allah'. Personally it feels like another Daily Fail attempt to further demonize muslims as all wack jobs however I don't deny said posters existed it's just a shame these things occur as it fuels bigotry on both sides

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Essentially extremists put up posters in Cardiff warning Muslims not to vote in the general election because 'it violates the right of Allah'. Personally it feels like another Daily Fail attempt to further demonize muslims as all wack jobs however I don't deny said posters existed it's just a shame these things occur as it fuels bigotry on both sides
    So you're saying the Daily Mail put up these posters and then made an article about it?

It's funny that the kind of person who despises the Daily Mail as being sensationalist and brainwashed are brainwashed themselves.

I don't see the problem. If voting is against the religion, people have to decide if they want to abide by their religion or take part in the election using their civil right.

And if muslims don't vote, the remainders of the message "Islam is the only real workable solution for the UK" are void, since when they fail to vote the political system won't change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearmode View Post
    So you're saying the Daily Mail put up these posters and then made an article about it?

It's funny that the kind of person who despises the Daily Mail as being sensationalist and brainwashed are brainwashed themselves.
    Did I say any of that? Do you work for the Daily Mail by chance? You seem skilled in putting words in peoples mouths

Deleted
    Yeah, this was last week. Apparently there were around 25 posters put up and they were removed within a day by the council. I live perhaps 5-10 minutes walk from that area of Cardiff and by Cardiff standards it was pretty big news but on a national level I'm really very surprised it was reported.

Grangetown is one of those areas of the UK that you're not allowed to enter unless you're a muslim.

/roll eyes.

Over here in Splott it's safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yeah, this was last week. Apparently there were around 25 posters put up and they were removed within a day by the council. I live perhaps 5-10 minutes walk from that area of Cardiff and by Cardiff standards it was pretty big news but on a national level I'm really very surprised it was reported.
    Exactly, as I say just seems like an excuse to post more MUSLIMS HATE US stories...

Personally I think muslims should only be allowed to vote in their own countries.

Quote Originally Posted by DiNett View Post
    Personally I think muslims should only be allowed to vote in their own countries.
    Which is what is happening here...?

I'll be heading through on my way to the postal depot later today. Will report on any such posters I discover
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Welsh Muslims should be allowed to vote in Wales then.

2 many moslams in the uK if you ask me dolan

Deleted
    So UK born muslims should only vote in UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    2 many moslams in the uK if you ask me dolan
    Can't tell if serious

Exactly, as I say just seems like an excuse to post more MUSLIMS HATE US stories...
    I don't even see how this should put more hate on them? Only people that already hates them and will pick on anything, would be stupid enough to take offense.
    Those posters advocated for NOT trying make changes, by not voting. Kinda need to vote to change stuff in a democracy. Pretty much it says to sit on their flat ass and hope for God to play a role.

Seems really odd. What's the point of NOT voting. Outside of making sure that your voice is never heard?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    So UK born muslims should only vote in UK?
    I think they meant that Welsh Muslims should stay on their own side of the border and not vote in our English elections.

Just hand over UK to the muslims already, they will outnumber you 10 to 1 in a few years anyway xD

ZERGING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I think they meant that Welsh Muslims should stay on their own side of the border and not vote in our English elections.
    Welsh Caliphate by 2020, we can seal them away.

We British have a successful history of splitting up in part due to religion just look at the Partition of India. That went really well and there totally wasn't genocide to follow it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essentially extremists put up posters in Cardiff warning Muslims not to vote in the general election because 'it violates the right of Allah'.
    Does it "violate the right of Allah?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Welsh Caliphate by 2020, we can seal them away.
    Never.

England for the people that use vowels!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Never.

England for the people that use vowels!
    Wwww, no yww didn't.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The most common strain of fundamantalist Islam considers democracy to be blasphemy, places human authority over their "prophet".

Puri, there's another, more "classical" if you will, way to change a political system than through voting, and that's the door through which the fundamentalist element figures they'll walk long term.