Stuck on BRF or Highmaul? We have guides!

For those of you who are struggling on a fight don't forget to check out our guides and see how we do it!

All feedback and criticism is welcome, let us know what you think!

Click here for Missunderstood Guides

Not sure your description of Security Guards on Heroic Blast Furnace is fully accurate. They do not "channel" the defensive shields - they just drop them on the ground in place.

Don't see why tanks would want to "hold Security Guards stationary and call for a pushback when necessary." Tanks can just step slightly out of the field and the adds will follow along - including the offending guard.

I'm also not sure it's accurate to say that Feldspar is not affected by the shield. I think he is. It's just the Bellows Operator & Primal Elementalists (P2) who are immune. Not 100% on this, though it shouldn't matter if you have your tanks stepping out of the shields - Feldspar will step out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Not sure your description of Security Guards on Heroic Blast Furnace is fully accurate. They do not "channel" the defensive shields - they just drop them on the ground in place.

Don't see why tanks would want to "hold Security Guards stationary and call for a pushback when necessary." Tanks can just step slightly out of the field and the adds will follow along - including the offending guard.

I'm also not sure it's accurate to say that Feldspar is not affected by the shield. I think he is. It's just the Bellows Operator & Primal Elementalists (P2) who are immune. Not 100% on this, though it shouldn't matter if you have your tanks stepping out of the shields - Feldspar will step out too.
    -You are correct about the instant cast. I need to double check them being affected by the shield though.

Feldspar is affected, Bellows and Primals are not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMedivh View Post
    Thank you!

Awesome guides!
    Where do you get your maps? Would like to have the blackhand map, but without your final editing/graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Awesome guides!
    Where do you get your maps? Would like to have the blackhand map, but without your final editing/graphics.
    It's a secret my friend xP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Awesome guides!
    http://bossblueprint.com/ will probably do what you're looking for

I think those are way too long. I also don't really like all the strategies.

I think this tier has proved there is a huge market for short 2-3 minute videos that teach you the encounters. While I can appreciate a lot of work went into this, I think the format really isn't what people need. What are you doing that Icy Veins isn't?

This seems like the Vox Immortalis style of guide in text form. I really like VI guides as a raid leader, but no one who's a regular member is ever going to spend an hour learning how to kill Heroic Ji Kun. I think the same applies here.

Hopefully you can take the feedback and make it better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    I think those are way too long. I also don't really like all the strategies.

I think this tier has proved there is a huge market for short 2-3 minute videos that teach you the encounters. While I can appreciate a lot of work went into this, I think the format really isn't what people need. What are you doing that Icy Veins isn't?

This seems like the Vox Immortalis style of guide in text form. I really like VI guides as a raid leader, but no one who's a regular member is ever going to spend an hour learning how to kill Heroic Ji Kun. I think the same applies here.

Hopefully you can take the feedback and make it better!
    Even though I only read the Blackhand guide, I don't think these are too long. It might be true for heroic encounters, that you do not have to play every mechanic properly in order to kill that boss and that a 2 minute guide is enough to kill that boss, hence. However, whenever I go to Blackhand heroic with one of my alts, it is a pain in the ass. Not because the players are to bad or lack gear for that boss. But because they just do not know how it works (even with previous "kill experience"). And on Blackhand, every mechanic is significant to your raid if you do not get carried. I really wished some more people would have read more comprehensive guides like this, knowing every mechanic of an encounter

Also: Having everyone on your raid read for 15 minutes might save you more time than failing and wiping for one hour because of trial and error. "Oh, I could wipe the raid like this, didn't know, my bad."

From an educational view, a good lecture (complemented by a video guide) is always more worth than that stand alone video.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-25 at 11:40 AM.

We have everyone read the guide and post what we call "raid prep" (paragraph or so) about what they think about the strat, how they will stay alive, and so on. We have found this to save of lots of wipes if everyone has a general idea of the boss fight before we start pulling.

Like I said this is just how we go about doing it, not everyone will like it.

I don't mean to nitpick your guides, but as long as you're putting yourself out I'll keep giving feedback.

"Moving" Gruul into the soak groups is not advisable in my opinion. I don't see any benefit to this strategy compared to simply taunting him into the soak group, which is instantaneous. Trying to perfectly time the move so that Gruul is 10 yards from the soak pile for his last melee swing but in position in time to slice is incredibly touchy... and there's just no reason to do it when you can simply taunt Gruul, let him slice, then taunt him back.

I don't mean to nitpick your guides, but as long as you're putting yourself out I'll keep giving feedback.

"Moving" Gruul into the soak groups is not advisable in my opinion. I don't see any benefit to this strategy compared to simply taunting him into the soak group, which is instantaneous. Trying to perfectly time the move so that Gruul is 10 yards from the soak pile for his last melee swing but in position in time to slice is incredibly touchy... and there's just no reason to do it when you can simply taunt Gruul, let him slice, then taunt him back.
    Thanks man, I will definitely look into this

Even this is slightly misleading.

The rule of thumb is "stationary mobs not affected", so anything moving around is affected, anything which stands still isn't.

This means if you transition to P2 with bellows up they WILL be affected by guard once they are moving around (pretty sure but could use confirmation).

- - - Updated - - -

Thats how we do it on heroic, cant speak for mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also probably worth mentioning that H Kromog is easiest if you 3 tank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Thats how we do it on heroic, cant speak for mythic.
    I make it a point to never speak for Mythic. I haven't touched it in T17 yet but for Kargath. But these seem to be Heroic guides so here I am running my mouth.

Don't worry about it

Bellows Operators are affected in Phase 2 if you have any left over, however.

Basically, anything stationary is not affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilderoy View Post
    Bellows Operators are affected in Phase 2 if you have any left over, however.

Basically, anything stationary is not affected.
    Thank you very much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetmaged View Post
    For those of you who are struggling on a fight don't forget to check out our guides and see how we do it!

All feedback and criticism is welcome, let us know what you think!

Click here for Missunderstood Guides
    You posted these before. They are helpful but the colors on your website are over the top. No offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Bellows are not in P1. In P2 they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Operator Thogar. Most groups have discovered either through word of mouth or updated guides that splitting up the groups during double trains is bad. Loosely stack on the track that Thogar was pulled from. In your guide it would be the Red X. I believe you need to be 6 or 8 yards apart to minimize the splash damage from the other train. Make sure to prioritize killing the adds so the train will leave. Then handle the second set after moving back to a middle track.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Will look into it, thanks