Big WoW Strange Experiment

Big WoW Strange Experiment

Lets imagine strange things:
    1) You can have 4 types of gear:
    a) World gear (you get that from questing, crafting, finding gear in world mobs and chests, reputation gear)
    b) Arena gear (you get those from arena)
    c) Battlegrounds gear (you get those from BGs only)
    d) Dungeons/Raids gear (you get those from dungeons/raids only)
    So you can have 4 different sets of gear and you can't mix those gear.

2) Experience from questing, arena, bgs and dungeons/raids does not stack up. So they are 4 different pools (bars). But each of those can level up you to 100 level. This means that you can reach lvl 100 doing arena only with same speed if you do questing only. You can have lvl 100 with arena and lvl 1 with questing and lvl 42 with dungeons at the same time.

3) In cities you can wear ANY gear. But in arena you can use only arena gear, in world you can use ONLY world gear, in bgs you can use only bgs gear and in dungeons/raids you can use only dungeons/raids gear. This means if you are in booty bay - with full pvp arena gear (equalent to lvl 100 character gear) and if your questing gear is equal to lvl 1 character gear and if you go outside Booty Bay into Strangletorn Valley - your gear is switched to your questing gear which is equalent of lvl 1 character gear. Hovewer your character is still lvl 100, but with very primitive gear. You can pvp in the World - but only with questing gear.

4) Questing has "no end" - in sense that it becames very hard near last levels same as dungeons/raids, arena, bgs. So questing is end game same as mytic raids - has gear that is very good and hard to get. But mostly you can solo to get it (you can solo world bosses with hard mechanic - you can't use help of more than one friend - and if you do - bosses and quests became 2 times harder).

5) Heirlooms doesn't exist here.

Now question:

Which "gear" or activity will you level first, which second, which third, which forth?

Thank you, sorry for my English lvl.

UPDATE: This is not proposal for change!! Imagine WoW happened to have this now and is still interesting.

UPDATE2: Basically I want to know your favorite activity independently of current game mechanics and how those mechanics are mixed. It is not like I want to make game like this, maybe.
    Last edited by adventurer; 2015-04-21 at 06:34 PM.

No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above, I quit upon seeing such a shitty and grindy system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    How is it grindy? It sounds like we have now just no mix matching.

As for me I probably do a mix of dungeon and questing for my gear and leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No more grindy than now. But it is not proposal for change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems way over complicated. To have 4 sets of gear and being restricted to using one type for certain content just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, can you imagine the mess of keeping all this gear and then replacing each piece whenever you find an upgrade? Omg I'd have a terrible time. Then being restricted to using only one set of gear for each situation is just kind of dumb. Why separate it into 4 types of gear and having to manage all that in your bags which is around 60 pieces when you can just have it separated into PVE and PVP gear? It's taking one idea and turning it into an over complicated mess. No way.

4 sets of experience bars is also too much. I can kind of see the point of it which could be a good idea for a different MMO but as far as WoW goes it'll just make leveling up a messy experience with exp. bars all over the place. It also wouldn't make much sense. Say if you level up your guy to 100 purely by questing and then you decide to do dungeons. You'd have to go all the way back to level 15 dungeons and work your way back up to the level 100 dungeons even though in the world you are already level 100. With PVP I can see it making a little more sense since there's really no story involved so I guess that would be fine especially since I don't like PVP anyway.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-04-21 at 06:34 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Seems way over complicated. To have 4 sets of gear and being restricted to using one type for certain content just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, can you imagine the mess of keeping all this gear and then replacing each piece whenever you find an upgrade? Omg I'd have a terrible time. Then being restricted to using only one set of gear for each situation is just kind of dumb. Why separate it into 4 types of gear and having to manage all that in your bags which is around 60 pieces when you can just have it separated into PVE and PVP gear? It's taking one idea and turning it into an over complicated mess. No way.

4 sets of experience bars is also too much. I can kind of see the point of it which could be a good idea for a different MMO but as far as WoW goes it'll just make leveling up a messy experience with exp. bars all over the place. It also wouldn't make much sense. Say if you level up your guy to 100 purely by questing and then you decide to do dungeons. You'd have to go all the way back to level 15 dungeons and work your way back up to the level 100 dungeons even though in the world you are already level 100. With PVP I can see it making a little more sense since there's really no story involved so I guess that would be fine especially since I don't like PVP anyway.
    You have 4 gear panels (arena, bg, world and raids/dungeons), panels with gear are autoswitched automatically. As soon as you enter BG gear is switched to BG gear. and so on. It is much easier than it is right now when you have to switch manually and can mix gear.

You'd have to go all the way back to level 15 dungeons and work your way back up to the level 100 dungeons
    Yes of course. You missed all story, how can you kill boss that doesn't exists till you kill previous boss. If you like doing dungeons - I don't see problem here. Pleasure is in process, right?