Thread: Fixing Fury PvE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    My thoughts for Fury:
    - design it as the 'plate-wearing rogue' like it was in the old days
    - give it the potencial for very high sustained but low to average burst damage
    - design around Haste (and possibly Multistrike) as main stat(s)
    - let Fury build up a buff over time like a modern version of old Rampage that stacks faster and/or does more damage the more gear you get (via Haste and/or Mastery)
    - remove Titan's Grip if needed due to balancing issues and to underline the Fury as fast-hitting, rampaging killer machine (I know people will hate me for that. Maybe give only Warriors the option to transmog 1h to 2h)
    - create an easy-to-learn yet hard-to-master rotation
    This. Except for revolving around haste/multistrike. Crit forever baby. Bring back Flurry! Bring back our incredible sustained DPS when given good uptime. Remove the ridiculous burst, and especially the ridiculous burst AoE.

Can I just play 5.4 fury again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Can I just play 5.4 fury again
    Agreed. I don't mind CS now being the Arms niche ability however Bloodthirst makes me want to cry on some pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    My thoughts for Fury:
    - design it as the 'plate-wearing rogue' like it was in the old days
    - give it the potencial for very high sustained but low to average burst damage
    - design around Haste (and possibly Multistrike) as main stat(s)
    - let Fury build up a buff over time like a modern version of old Rampage that stacks faster and/or does more damage the more gear you get (via Haste and/or Mastery)
    - remove Titan's Grip if needed due to balancing issues and to underline the Fury as fast-hitting, rampaging killer machine (I know people will hate me for that. Maybe give only Warriors the option to transmog 1h to 2h)
    - create an easy-to-learn yet hard-to-master rotation
    Don't mean to sound argumentative, but I don't see the point of some of these changes.

Example, removing Titans Grip? What point does that serve? You argue a thematic point, that Fury should be all about fast attacking, but the nature of using 2 weapons over 1 means we will always attack faster/more than Arms. If you are comparing to other classes, well the design is flawed because we will never attack as fast as say Combat Rogues, who also use normalized speed 1h weapons.

I personally hate Multistrike as a stat, especially a main stat, but that is for completely different, systemic, reasons. Suffice to say you can't really put "sustained damage" and Multistrike dependency in the same sentence though.

To be fair, Warriors always needed the high-end gear first to really shine in any expansion.
    You are right, which is exactly the point I was trying to make. It is the total design flaw with the class, though it has been addressed, mitigated and even nearly eliminated at various points. For example, current Arms design really doesn't fluctuate much based on gear (not including tier bonuses and upcoming T18 trinkets). It speeds up a bit, but remains largely the same. I'm not saying I particularly like Arms at the moment, but it at least got that part right (mostly because it is too simplistic not to be).

Though "shine" and "rotational interaction" are two very different measurements. I don't give a damn about damage; especially when talking about designs for future expansions. I consider it a wholly separate conversation from one about rotation. Mostly because you can tune damage over time to match the rotation, but you can't constantly tune a rotation to match damage projections.