Poll: do you run the emperor?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

so does every deck now run Emperor Thaurissan?

I of course run it in my druid deck but the implications in virtually every deck are just so good, it's undoubtedly going to get a nerf but my question is, are there any decks not running this guy now? And no face hunters don't count, your deck is trash and I mash you accordingly.

Deleted
    Aggro decks have no use for it, but it is auto-include in any Control deck and sees play is many midrange decks. About the nerf, I am not sure since they haven't nerfed Dr. Boom yet and he is played in Control,Midrange and aggro alike.

Deleted
    Not really sure... I see a lot of players include it in control decks but personally I'm still undecided about its true value. I won't include it unless I have a specific win condition or strategy that involves the lowered cost of my cards; like for instance the velen + double mind blast deck that I'm running on my priest. There it is very important to only drop thaurissan when I have part of the combo in hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's not in my Mech Priest deck as the midgame spots are taken by the more important Vol'jin, Sky Golem and Upgraded Repair Bot.

Very useful in Ctrl Warrior though. Any control deck really, where you can reduce the cost of cards to enable previously-unavailable combos (like Grom + Taskmaster + Axe for the full 15 damage burst following an Alex drop)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just like Loatheb. Its pretty much the same concept. Always good.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Been tinkering with a pally dragon deck, and I have to say, he is a BEAST in that. Combined with the new dragon, I have spat out 5-6 cost Alex or Ysera's many, many times. It's rather brutal.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's not in my Mech Priest deck as the midgame spots are taken by the more important Vol'jin, Sky Golem and Upgraded Repair Bot.

Very useful in Ctrl Warrior though. Any control deck really, where you can reduce the cost of cards to enable previously-unavailable combos (like Grom + Taskmaster + Axe for the full 15 damage burst following an Alex drop)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I think he's balanced as is, and he's definitely not in every deck. I think he's overall probably about as valuable as Sylvanas, as a way to swing the momentum in a game. His drawback is that he's really slow, and has a pretty weak body. Aggro decks are often threatening lethal by the time you get Thaurissan out, so against aggro he may be even a bit of a dead card.

IMO he's strong, but relatively balanced. He's certainly not as stupidly OP as Dr. Boom. I'm wondering if/when the handlocks will make a comeback with Thaurissan. The freeze mages have already done so.

I don't find the card that intimidating so if people wanna continue playing him in every deck, be my guest!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I don't find the card that intimidating so if people wanna continue playing him in every deck, be my guest!
    ^this! It will be easy to counter if you know that he is in a lot of decks

Dank warrior uses it for sure.

I think it's a highly overrated card outside any deck that isn't designed to make use of it, it's a solid card but should never be considered an auto include for control.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I use it in kinda all my decks, just realy like that card even if it only survives one round

tried it in demon lock didn't really had much impact but it has its uses just not in every deck

Deleted
    Love him in Control Warrior, Ramp Druid and Handlock. Good in Control Priest too, but not as impactful as in the other decks. With that said, can't say no to a 7 mana Mind Control

Deleted
    Not really, there are quite a few deck that don't run him such as mech mage, zoo and hunter both mid and face.

Control deck benefit from him but I think the two that got a huge boost from him are Freeze mage and combo druid.

I currently use him in control warrior and ramp druid, not many other decks where I think it shines. If I had the budget for a handlock I'd put him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradoc View Post
    ^this! It will be easy to counter if you know that he is in a lot of decks
    What would you consider countering it? Honest question, I could see like, if his effect was at the start of turn, but as is, he always get off his effect at least once and if you have at least 6 cards in your hand, that makes him kinda a free play in that way, so it's not like he's really countered at that point.

Deleted
    Don't know about every deck, but In Druid he's a staple now.

Every midrangey/control deck should run it.

Serves no purpose in aggro decks since you're trying to win by turn 6 anywya.