Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Has anybody considered buying from gold farmers because of the WoW token?

Hey all, so I've never really been interested in buying wow gold (from gold farmers or via wow token) because I've always had a very large excess of gold and enjoy playing the AH in wow. I'm also not entirely interested in buying a wow token with gold.

So today I decided to poke around a bit and see how much wow gold is going for now adays from gold farmers, so I hopped over to an ebay esque website for video games that I've used for other games and found that I could purchase 30k gold for $12. With the WoW token being only 21k ish currently in the US I could essentially pay $12 instead of $15 for my monthly subscription and come out with a free 9k gold.

I most likely wouldn't ever bother with this just because the $3 / 9k are hardly worth the time and effort for me, especially since I'm not very interested in wow but I'm curious to see if anybody else had considered this possibly repercussion of the wow token.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Hey all, so I've never really been interested in buying wow gold (from gold farmers or via wow token) because I've always had a very large excess of gold and enjoy playing the AH in wow. I'm also not entirely interested in buying a wow token with gold.

So today I decided to poke around a bit and see how much wow gold is going for now adays from gold farmers, so I hopped over to an ebay esque website for video games that I've used for other games and found that I could purchase 30k gold for $12. With the WoW token being only 21k ish currently in the US I could essentially pay $12 instead of $15 for my monthly subscription and come out with a free 9k gold.

I most likely wouldn't ever bother with this just because the $3 / 9k are hardly worth the time and effort for me, especially since I'm not very interested in wow but I'm curious to see if anybody else had considered this possibly repercussion of the wow token.
    The same people that would do this are the same people that would run bots for gold to sell for $ or run bots to buy playtime.

Meaning yes, there are plenty of them, but the majority of players wouldn't and the ones who would wouldn't tell you about it.

Deleted
    I don't know about US, but atm in EU you get quite much gold from selling tokens legally, twice the amount you get in US =)

10+ Year Old Account
    You really want to risk getting your account banned for buying gold? Yeah sure go ahead and tell me "OH BLIZZARD WON'T BAN YOU FOR IT LOL!!" But now there's a legitimate way to get gold. So either A. risk losing years of effort put into your account or B. Fork over the extra few bucks for less gold for no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    You really want to risk getting your account banned for buying gold? Yeah sure go ahead and tell me "OH BLIZZARD WON'T BAN YOU FOR IT LOL!!" But now there's a legitimate way to get gold. So either A. risk losing years of effort put into your account or B. Fork over the extra few bucks for less gold for no risk.
    ive bought gold once or twice in the past long ago before i knew how to earn it myself, and i know a lot of people do it but never heard anyone getting banned for it. maybe if you bought hundreds of thousands at once but i really doubt blizzard has any way to keep track of every 20-60k that gets mailed and theyre probably more concerned with banning the sellers themselves than systematically tracking down every little transaction...

i've considered it several times, for several different things. but always decided the risk wasn't worth the reward.

I've been banned for gold buying in the past so the risk is definitely there.
    You just lost The Game