Thread: Cuban cigars

Cuban cigars

So now that the US is talking to cuba again are cuban cigars legal now? If so do any of you know some good ones? Any good website to acquire them?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're over-rated. The fact that they were forbidden fruit inflated the sense of quality assigned to them.

Personally I like Nicaraguan cigars, like a Clementes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    They're over-rated. The fact that they were forbidden fruit inflated the sense of quality assigned to them.

Personally I like Nicaraguan cigars, like a Clementes
    I agree wholeheartedly. A few cigar manufacturers started making imitation Cubans a couple decades ago and those imitations are now better than that which they are imitating, in my view. They're also of a higher quality and wrap and probably a little safer.

I had one a long time ago.

I was not really impressed...

I think its the whole "can't have it" allure people give it that make them popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't know they were illegal.
    I like you, Winter. So I'll be nice.

BTW are you aware that you can now get Coors beer east of the Mississippi River?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So now that the US is talking to cuba again are cuban cigars legal now? If so do any of you know some good ones? Any good website to acquire them?
    You are allowed $400.00 worth of tobacco and or alcohol from Cuba if you visit, so to answer your question, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kick to Cubans was the illegality of smoking them, much like the kick to smoking the shitty weed you buy outside of your high school. You were "breaking the rules", beyond that Cubans aren't particularly special.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The kick to Cubans was the illegality of smoking them, much like the kick to smoking the shitty weed you buy outside of your high school. You were "breaking the rules", beyond that Cubans aren't particularly special.
    Any weed you bought was illegal whether it was shitty or top notch so that comparison doesn't really work, but I do agree the allure was the fact you couldn't have them.