View Poll Results: 80 or 20 plane is going down what do you do?

Voters
95. This poll is closed
  • 20% Buckle up kids and make way daddy's gonna land this thing

78 82.11%
  • 80% We knew what we signed up for. Sorry guys the ocean it is.

17 17.89%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    But my cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane started spinning around, going out of control, so he decides it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad. So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, snap! The hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and it land safely and everyone puts their pieces or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.
    I was on that flight, was a total circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Ocean every time. From what I understand even talking a civilian through landing a big commercial airliner would be like trying to conduct heart surgery as a novice with someone telling you what to do.
    All they have to do is tell you how to turn this on though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoland

and then tell you how to apply the wheel brakes once you're down

Daddy's got this no worries
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Alternatively you can choose to crash into an ocean where there is a 100% chance that you will all die, but at least no one else gets injured.
    This is an idiotic scenario, because your plane and people would be safer with the ocean landing. Are you retarded? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveTroll View Post
    This is an idiotic scenario, because your plane and people would be safer with the ocean landing. Are you retarded? Serious question.
    They really wouldn't unless you landed it perfectly

Easy, I'd land in the airport.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never tell me the odds!

Depends, if I'm the pilot I'm choosing the maximum chance for me to live. Everyone else be damned
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ActiveTroll View Post

Only if you believe there is any such thing as an Airliner landing in the Ocean. You probably shouldn't throw around accusations concerning other peoples mental capacities.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If you over think the question it's just as bad as not thinking at all. All the information is there on the wording and under those circumstances there will be a lot you don't know.

The thinking to me is are you going to take out more people or a few fish.

There isn't much to over think. It's very horribly worded.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Control is an illusion.

Control must be maintained.

There must always be... a Lich King!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"